Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I watched and will continue fast forwarding to his parts. I liked the woman he was paired with. She seems to have a good sense of humor, and his character does too. Am I correct in assuming that she's older? I too was afraid it would be a 20 something. I didn't see a hint of Sheppard but liked his portrayal of the character.
    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    You mean the woman is older??

I just found out there's going to be a Loki TV series starring Tom Hiddleston. So he, Joe, and Goran Visjnic (who will be on This is Us) are all going to be on my TV soon.

Insert Kermit flailing gif here.
    Yes, she is older. At least in real life, I don't know about her character on the show. Either way, I'm with you all. I'm glad the pairing defied the Hollywood norm. And I had not heard Goran Visjnic is joining This is Us. I adore him! I'm going to have to binge watch and catch up.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Yes, she is older. At least in real life, I don't know about her character on the show. Either way, I'm with you all. I'm glad the pairing defied the Hollywood norm. And I had not heard Goran Visjnic is joining This is Us. I adore him! I'm going to have to binge watch and catch up.
      Yep, I checked on the actress also and found she is 11 years older than JF. She may be playing younger and he may be playing older or his actual age. We'll have to see.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Goran is also playing a therapist on This Is Us. It's "recurring" so I have no idea how much he'll actually be in it. He could be in it for 10 minutes. So I'm not going to binge watch the show unless I find out he's going to have a significant role.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          And to be perfectly honest, I don't need x-amount of accounts on x-amount of streaming services for only one TV-series that I would or would not want to watch. I only just created a Netflix account, which contains plenty of things to keep me occupied for a while (even if it's a very small library in comparison to other countries).
          That's a big part of why I haven't signed up for any streaming services yet. Just one more set of login credentials I have to keep track of in addition to all the other ones I already have.

Also, according to one article, Tom Hiddleston will not actually be playing Loki himself, but narrate the story instead so someone else (younger) will be cast as Loki.
          Kermit is no longer flailing.
          Well...shoot.

I'm glad you didn't lose power for too long!
          Me too! With the temperatures where they're at, having no heat for an extended period would've SUCKED.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I finally watched the episode of General Hospital, using SR's fast-forward technique. To be honest it felt weird. I've so associated Joe as Sheppard that seeing him play someone else felt a little off-putting. It was good. He was good. It will just take some getting used to.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

And...the snow has returned. With a vengeance. Schools are shut down everywhere, everyone who can stay home is hunkered down. And now the sun has just come out.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                That's a big part of why I haven't signed up for any streaming services yet. Just one more set of login credentials I have to keep track of in addition to all the other ones I already have.
                My Netflix account is a month old, and yesterday as I was installing the app on my Xbox, I had to ask my sister what password I used. She replied, "The usual one?", and I'm like, "I don't think so."

...I did though. Who knew?
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And...the snow has returned. With a vengeance. Schools are shut down everywhere, everyone who can stay home is hunkered down. And now the sun has just come out.
                  We're expected to get snow Tuesday, but it will change over to rain by Wednesday. So my classes on Wednesday won't be cancelled. I just want a snow day, damn it! I spent 20 years in a job where there were no snow days, because we had laptops and could work from home. Now that I'm in school, I just want one snow day.

My Netflix account is a month old, and yesterday as I was installing the app on my Xbox, I had to ask my sister what password I used. She replied, "The usual one?", and I'm like, "I don't think so."

I have a few "usual" passwords myself. And a 3 page list of user names and passwords that I keep hidden in the house.

Comment

We're expected to get snow Tuesday, but it will change over to rain by Wednesday. So my classes on Wednesday won't be cancelled. I just want a snow day, damn it! I spent 20 years in a job where there were no snow days, because we had laptops and could work from home. Now that I'm in school, I just want one snow day.

I have a few "usual" passwords myself. And a 3 page list of user names and passwords that I keep hidden in the house.

I want snow! It's snowed, but I think it's been three years since there has been enough for the neighborhood kids to play in. It snowed all the time when I had to haul myself downtown everyday to work, but now that I'm at home and can enjoy it- nada.

And passwords- sometimes I think they are a conspiracy theory to make us all loony. The very worst are the ones that force you through an update every six weeks and don't allow you to recycle old ones. Don't they realize we all have lists on excel, in our phone, and on post it notes? Lol. Not that I don't appreciate the attempt to keep my logins safe-unless they want to pay bills, then they better let the hacker have at it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

And...we're still snowed in. Fortunately starting today the precip stops and the temps start going up. We'll get rain starting Thursday which will turn everything to a slushy mess before it melts/washes away. Whee!

Oh, and I caught Joe on GH yesterday. OMG they paired him with Alexis?

Comment

It's snowing!

ETA: Studying sucks. Oh, and my school cancelled classes for this afternoon and tonight, but I don't have any classes today.
                        Last edited by JT-2; 12 February 2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Rising is on this morning! It pairs so nicely with my morning coffee. Sheppard's face- "Did I do that?" Smiles for miles.
                          sigpic

Comment

If I tell Mr. SR about this he will want to hunt you down and shake you.

And passwords- sometimes I think they are a conspiracy theory to make us all loony. The very worst are the ones that force you through an update every six weeks and don't allow you to recycle old ones. Don't they realize we all have lists on excel, in our phone, and on post it notes? Lol. Not that I don't appreciate the attempt to keep my logins safe-unless they want to pay bills, then they better let the hacker have at it.
                            You too.

Here's a hint for passwords. Pick a book, movie, singer, etc and make your passwords a progression of phrases, titles, songs, etc. For example, I once went through a bunch of passwords from The Wizard of Oz and later I did Neil Diamond songs. Mr. SR would divorce me if I wrote one down. Also, we use 1Password, which keeps track of all of it for you. End of security lecture.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

If I tell Mr. SR about this he will want to hunt you down and shake you.
                              He'll have to fight me for who gets the first shake.

Here's a hint for passwords. Pick a book, movie, singer, etc and make your passwords a progression of phrases, titles, songs, etc. For example, I once went through a bunch of passwords from The Wizard of Oz and later I did Neil Diamond songs. Mr. SR would divorce me if I wrote one down. Also, we use 1Password, which keeps track of all of it for you. End of security lecture.
                              Any sentence will do, really, as hacking algorythms have a harder time at breaking such coding than words combined with numbers.

At work, I make an effort of creating long passwords that even I get wrong on first attempt, but my personal laptop and even cellphone are pretty much an open book.

I once use TheNorthRemembers -- got it wrong on every login. Currently using Doctor Who titles ... I ran out of Avengers to use so I moved on.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Hey look, the sun is out today!

Comment

Working...
                                X