Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    The comma before "and" in a list of things is called the Oxford comma. It is a controversial subject among English teachers. Some say always use it, but some say it is optional and some say never. It is never used with fewer than three things. For example "Elizabeth went to the mess hall and had a salad, an orange, and a cookie for lunch."

If someone is telling you to use a comma in "She went to the store and bought an apple.", they don't know what they are talking about.
    Thank you!!! I thought they were being insane. I trust you far more than I trust my teacher and these web sites she's sending us to. I've noticed that I question my teachers much more now that I'm going as an adult than I ever did when I was younger.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Thank you!!! I thought they were being insane. I trust you far more than I trust my teacher and these web sites she's sending us to. I've noticed that I question my teachers much more now that I'm going as an adult than I ever did when I was younger.
      I'm honored. lol I've looked at a few grammar websites myself over the years to refresh my memory and only find a bunch of contradictions. I still have my advanced grammar book from college, so I pull that out when I need to. I know the so-called experts of today have decided to throw out a bunch of the old rules, but I just ignore them. If you have to pass a test though, it's best not to argue.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Weather report: Around 60F today. Mr. SR and I went to the movies and saw a guy in shorts.

JF report: I just learned that Joe is going to be on General Hospital this Friday. I don't know if this will be a permanent role or not. He's evidently playing a therapist. I have mixed emotions because I have never watched this show but remember my grandmother used to watch and you did not dare call her when it was on.
        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

OMG. My mom used to watch General Hospital ALL. THE. TIME. And I watched occasionally too. Looks like I'll have to check this out.

Word is also that his episode of Seal Team will be on March 13. They are moving the show to a new day and time, so I think it's 10pm. I'm DVRing GH. I won't watch a soap opera in real time even for Joe. LOL
        According to the internet- which of course is never wrong- he's going to be a love interest to one of their regulars. I have concerns. That does not mesh well with the sparky visions imprinted on my mind. Still watching (or DVRing). How can I not with article teasers saying "hot new role" and "hunky?" I'll have to make a note of the Seal Team airing too.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          According to the internet- which of course is never wrong- he's going to be a love interest to one of their regulars. I have concerns. That does not mesh well with the sparky visions imprinted on my mind. Still watching (or DVRing). How can I not with article teasers saying "hot new role" and "hunky?" I'll have to make a note of the Seal Team airing too.
          I figured as much. Every character on every soap is a love interest, usually in the long run for multiple other characters. We'll see how this turns out.
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Word is also that his episode of Seal Team will be on March 13. They are moving the show to a new day and time, so I think it's 10pm. I'm DVRing GH. I won't watch a soap opera in real time even for Joe. LOL
            He's also going to be on Seal Team? Something else to watch, LOL!

Love interest, eh? Hmm...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

As a former avid soap opera watcher, I'm just afraid his scenes will be cringe-worthy. We shall see.

Comment

As a former avid soap opera watcher, I'm just afraid his scenes will be cringe-worthy. We shall see.
                I watched! I don't know what I expected and I was uncomfortable watching at first (and maybe still) because I expected the same, but I didn't think it was cringe-worthy. It was good to hear his voice. It's weird saying that, I watch Atlantis re-runs all the time in the morning on El Rey network, but that's what I kept thinking as I watched. That and man...he looks good. Looks like they managed to tame the hair just a bit, and I have objections. I want the crazy hair. Always.
                sigpic

Comment

I watched! I don't know what I expected and I was uncomfortable watching at first (and maybe still) because I expected the same, but I didn't think it was cringe-worthy. It was good to hear his voice. It's weird saying that, I watch Atlantis re-runs all the time in the morning on El Rey network, but that's what I kept thinking as I watched. That and man...he looks good. Looks like they managed to tame the hair just a bit, and I have objections. I want the crazy hair. Always.

Thanks for the report! I have it sitting on my DVR now but have been afraid to watch.

They tamed The Hair???!?!?!?! I wonder how much product that took. And I wonder how long it will last.

I sincerely hope that whoever his love interest is going to be is at least close to his age bracket. Don't get me started on Hollywood pairing older men with young things.

Comment

Thanks for the report! I have it sitting on my DVR now but have been afraid to watch.

They tamed The Hair???!?!?!?! I wonder how much product that took. And I wonder how long it will last.

I sincerely hope that whoever his love interest is going to be is at least close to his age bracket. Don't get me started on Hollywood pairing older men with young things.
                    According to google, there is a a 10 year age difference. But you might be surprised at who falls on what end of the spectrum. And the hair is just reigned in a bit, probably due more to the slightly shorter length than anything they did. They didn't try to slick it down or anything. Well. Maybe they did and gave up.
                    sigpic

Comment

I watched and will continue fast forwarding to his parts. I liked the woman he was paired with. She seems to have a good sense of humor, and his character does too. Am I correct in assuming that she's older? I too was afraid it would be a 20 something. I didn't see a hint of Sheppard but liked his portrayal of the character.
                      sigpic

Comment

According to google, there is a a 10 year age difference. But you might be surprised at who falls on what end of the spectrum. And the hair is just reigned in a bit, probably due more to the slightly shorter length than anything they did. They didn't try to slick it down or anything. Well. Maybe they did and gave up.
                        You mean the woman is older??

I just found out there's going to be a Loki TV series starring Tom Hiddleston. So he, Joe, and Goran Visjnic (who will be on This is Us) are all going to be on my TV soon.

Insert Kermit flailing gif here.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Fun times up here in the PNW. Seattle got slammed with snow, we're getting high winds up here in the islands (tree came down in the yard next to us, then we lost power for about an hour LOL, no worries, we're all fine)

Argh, I missed it!

I watched and will continue fast forwarding to his parts. I liked the woman he was paired with. She seems to have a good sense of humor, and his character does too. Am I correct in assuming that she's older? I too was afraid it would be a 20 something. I didn't see a hint of Sheppard but liked his portrayal of the character.
                          Ah, that sounds good. Will have to remember to tune in on Monday.

You mean the woman is older??

I just found out there's going to be a Loki TV series starring Tom Hiddleston. So he, Joe, and Goran Visjnic (who will be on This is Us) are all going to be on my TV soon.

Insert Kermit flailing gif here.
                          I think I read the Loki series might be on Disney+ (their new streaming service)?
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I think I read the Loki series might be on Disney+ (their new streaming service)?
                            It will be indeed so limited access, unless they know not to repeat other exclusive access streaming services and make a deal with a much wider available service.

It will be part of the Disney Plus launch, which will house all their content except for mature and R-rated content which will be availabel on Hulu, in which they have a share. This means, they are gradually pulling all their content from rival services such as Netflix. In the US that'll be as soon as they launch. Internationally, however, we are both in luck and screwed. In luck because they need to negotiate international distribution rights so they will leave their content available in the various libraries, and screwed when they pull it all because that would basically mean you would have to have a separate account to view their content.
                            And to be perfectly honest, I don't need x-amount of accounts on x-amount of streaming services for only one TV-series that I would or would not want to watch. I only just created a Netflix account, which contains plenty of things to keep me occupied for a while (even if it's a very small library in comparison to other countries).

Also, according to one article, Tom Hiddleston will not actually be playing Loki himself, but narrate the story instead so someone else (younger) will be cast as Loki.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              It will be indeed so limited access, unless they know not to repeat other exclusive access streaming services and make a deal with a much wider available service.

It will be part of the Disney Plus launch, which will house all their content except for mature and R-rated content which will be availabel on Hulu, in which they have a share. This means, they are gradually pulling all their content from rival services such as Netflix. In the US that'll be as soon as they launch. Internationally, however, we are both in luck and screwed. In luck because they need to negotiate international distribution rights so they will leave their content available in the various libraries, and screwed when they pull it all because that would basically mean you would have to have a separate account to view their content.
                              And to be perfectly honest, I don't need x-amount of accounts on x-amount of streaming services for only one TV-series that I would or would not want to watch. I only just created a Netflix account, which contains plenty of things to keep me occupied for a while (even if it's a very small library in comparison to other countries).

Also, according to one article, Tom Hiddleston will not actually be playing Loki himself, but narrate the story instead so someone else (younger) will be cast as Loki.
                              Kermit is no longer flailing.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Fun times up here in the PNW. Seattle got slammed with snow, we're getting high winds up here in the islands (tree came down in the yard next to us, then we lost power for about an hour LOL, no worries, we're all fine)
                                I'm glad you didn't lose power for too long!

Comment

Working...
                                X