No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goodness, college books are expensive. I just ordered 2 books (1 used!) and it was $272.

Comment

Yeah, college ain't cheap that way.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        My goodness, college books are expensive. I just ordered 2 books (1 used!) and it was $272.
        Yep, that's college.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Yeah, college ain't cheap that way.
          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yep, that's college.
          I thought that since this was a junior college, it wouldn't be so expensive. My silliness.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Ouch! Sorry about that. Luckily you didn't have to get the big ugly boot that makes it so hard to shower. There's a cover but you have to hurry before it cuts off the circulation in your leg. Good times. I hope the toes heal soon.

So, my twins are 4 months old now and developing quite distinct personalities.
            I almost wish I had a boot just as a huge red flag when I'm out in public. That foot has become a magnet for danger, never before have shopping carts been so terrifying.

And I love how the twin's little personalities are so quickly emerging. Fascinating and utterly adorable. Except maybe temporarily for the hangry baby

Wow, thanks for reminding me how old I am.

How much longer do you have to have them taped up?

I think considering it's been 10 years since the end I've probably reminded us all of how old we are getting. Happy belated birthday to Joe too! Looks like they had quite a time in NOLO.

I'm back to the doctor next week, so we'll see then. They are not black anymore which I'm pretty sure is a good sign

Ouch. Do you have an option of renting from anyone? Though I heard that could be almost as pricey with no sell back option.

Any Doctor Who fans or casual viewers, cause hangry now has an alien to go with it -- a Pting.
            Just the thought makes me smile. I need to investigate that.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
              I almost wish I had a boot just as a huge red flag when I'm out in public. That foot has become a magnet for danger, never before have shopping carts been so terrifying.
              Ouch!!

I think considering it's been 10 years since the end I've probably reminded us all of how old we are getting. Happy belated birthday to Joe too! Looks like they had quite a time in NOLO.

I'm back to the doctor next week, so we'll see then. They are not black anymore which I'm pretty sure is a good sign
              That's a very good sign!

Ouch. Do you have an option of renting from anyone? Though I heard that could be almost as pricey with no sell back option.
              I just spend another $156 for another class. Ugh. That should be it, though. I'll get the money back when the financial aid comes through. So I won't be without the money forever. I just would have liked to use less of that aid money, you know? Loans require repaying.

I don't know about renting. I haven't heard much about it. I'll have to look into it.

It'll probably be at least another $200 to sign up for the two national exams I'll have to do at the end of the semester as well. I better be able to get a job at the end of this.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I thought that since this was a junior college, it wouldn't be so expensive. My silliness.
                The textbook industry is definitely a thing. *shudders*

I found hiding behind your own shopping cart helps with that.

That does sound good!

Oh, just imagine the stories they could tell at con Q&As...

I just spend another $156 for another class. Ugh. That should be it, though. I'll get the money back when the financial aid comes through. So I won't be without the money forever. I just would have liked to use less of that aid money, you know? Loans require repaying.

I don't know about renting. I haven't heard much about it. I'll have to look into it.

It'll probably be at least another $200 to sign up for the two national exams I'll have to do at the end of the semester as well. I better be able to get a job at the end of this.
                You're gonna do great!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Send me some good thoughts tomorrow morning.... I'm going to try teaching my elder sister how to use Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. I see this going very badly. I'm not exactly a teacher and she is a self professed technology newbie. She was fortunate in her last job she never had to use any of that stuff, but now she's finding all jobs she's applying for require it. I think she wishes she was just a few years older so she could just retire. She's just a few years shy of being able to.

The textbook industry is definitely a thing. *shudders*
                  It seems like they get you because you need an "access code" for some bit of online stuff, and you can't get that used. Grrrr.

I found hiding behind your own shopping cart helps with that.
                  I had a misbehaving shopping cart this morning. I was ready to scream by the time I checked out.

You're gonna do great!
                  Thanks!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Send me some good thoughts tomorrow morning.... I'm going to try teaching my elder sister how to use Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. I see this going very badly. I'm not exactly a teacher and she is a self professed technology newbie. She was fortunate in her last job she never had to use any of that stuff, but now she's finding all jobs she's applying for require it. I think she wishes she was just a few years older so she could just retire. She's just a few years shy of being able to.
                    Oh dear... Good luck, I hope it goes well!

It seems like they get you because you need an "access code" for some bit of online stuff, and you can't get that used. Grrrr.
                    Ahh, that nontransferable stuff. Ugh.

I had a misbehaving shopping cart this morning. I was ready to scream by the time I checked out.
                    Gah, I hate crazy carts! Usually they start misbehaving within a few feet of the cart cage, so I just put them back and get another one...

Comment

That reminds me of years ago when I volunteered with Recordings for the Blind and Dyslexic. We read textbooks, and shortly after I started they switched from analog to digital recording. At the time I was one of the youngish volunteers, so I was tagged to help teach the seniors to use a mouse and navigate the system. What a hoot! I was proud to say they all told me how patient I was, but I had a lot of great stories to share when I got home.

Happens to me every time I shop. On Tues I actually had one that had the rubber coming off one wheel and making it drag. When I had my boot, it was great though because I used the cart like a walker. Those darn things are hard to walk in because they are not stable enough, so you wobble.

And speaking of Joe, I see that he is appearing on Seal Team sometime this season. I love that show so yay.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh dear... Good luck, I hope it goes well!
                        It did! Our main hookup was getting her to use the right click and the left click properly. She kept asking me which one to use and I'm so used to it that I had to stop myself and think.

Gah, I hate crazy carts! Usually they start misbehaving within a few feet of the cart cage, so I just put them back and get another one...
                        I should have done that when I first noticed. I didn't think it would annoy me so much.

Oh, and I wanted to tell you - I started the Iron Man marathon, but then I got to Avengers and got sucked back into my Loki kick so I switched over to the Thor movies. I do like my bad boys.

That reminds me of years ago when I volunteered with Recordings for the Blind and Dyslexic. We read textbooks, and shortly after I started they switched from analog to digital recording. At the time I was one of the youngish volunteers, so I was tagged to help teach the seniors to use a mouse and navigate the system. What a hoot! I was proud to say they all told me how patient I was, but I had a lot of great stories to share when I got home.
                        Many many years ago I taught my mom to use her DOS based system for her job. I'm just glad I never had to teach her Windows! I think you possess more patience than I do.

Happens to me every time I shop. On Tues I actually had one that had the rubber coming off one wheel and making it drag. When I had my boot, it was great though because I used the cart like a walker. Those darn things are hard to walk in because they are not stable enough, so you wobble.

And speaking of Joe, I see that he is appearing on Seal Team sometime this season. I love that show so yay.
                        My mom and aunt used to like grocery shopping because the carriage made like a walker for them. They were both too proud to use the real walker, though. My mom eventually had to, but she always hated it.

And yay for Joe!! I don't watch that show normally but I'll tune in for him. Please keep us informed as to when it'll be on.

Comment

Just fyi. I have insomnia again and I tried to do a recap but I'm just not feeling particularly humorous today. I did watch Intruder. Sparky in space. Elizabeth defending John. John being a goober about his promotion. Good stuff. Does anyone have a request for a recap, if/when I find myself with another bout of this?

There are several episodes I refuse to recap:

Trio and Brainstorm - because I watched both those monstrosities once and refuse to put myself through them again.

Ghost in the Machine - because I always end up crying like a baby at the end (and I'm NOT a crying person)

Vegas - because I'll be too busy staring at the hotness of Joe to properly respond.
                          Last edited by JT-2; 10 January 2019, 09:51 PM. Reason: restrictions

Comment

Doppelganger doesn't exist either -- just saying.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Ooooh, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one!

It did! Our main hookup was getting her to use the right click and the left click properly. She kept asking me which one to use and I'm so used to it that I had to stop myself and think.
                              Hah! Reminds me of me trying to teach my mom how to use her laptop. And now that I'm on Mac and she's still on Windows, it's even crazier.

Oh, and I wanted to tell you - I started the Iron Man marathon, but then I got to Avengers and got sucked back into my Loki kick so I switched over to the Thor movies. I do like my bad boys.

Just fyi. I have insomnia again and I tried to do a recap but I'm just not feeling particularly humorous today. I did watch Intruder. Sparky in space. Elizabeth defending John. John being a goober about his promotion. Good stuff. Does anyone have a request for a recap, if/when I find myself with another bout of this?

There are several episodes I refuse to recap:

Trio and Brainstorm - because I watched both those monstrosities once and refuse to put myself through them again.

Ghost in the Machine - because I always end up crying like a baby at the end (and I'm NOT a crying person)

Vegas - because I'll be too busy staring at the hotness of Joe to properly respond.
                              Coup d'Etat or Common Ground? Always love the Genii shenanigans.

Comment

I did eventually get some sleep.

Doppelganger doesn't exist either -- just saying.
                                Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that one. Basically I don't want to recap seasons 4 and 5. Too much crap.

Coup d'Etat or Common Ground? Always love the Genii shenanigans.
                                Oh, those are good ones!

Comment

Working...
                                X