No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Will have to work on my timing a little more.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

I thought it was friday today... cause a colleague of mine usually has wednesdays off but this week she also took tuesday so now I'm completely confused. My workweek will be 6 days + 2 days weekend -- that's 8 days... so yeah...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My grades got posted online today. All As!!! Woohoo!!

And today is the Timeless finale event. Expect much grumbling from me.

It snowed on saturday and sunday morning it was melting, and there were puddles in the yard... Cat at home was found drinking from such an icy puddle at one point, and then proceeded to go sit high and dry right above it.

Ours have a fountain with running water to drink from -- much better than standing water (especially since they keep dropping their food in that water and therefor it's always dirty -- their fault, not ours).

They tried a fountain but the cats made too much of a mess of it.

Many LOLz at work today -- I decided to get up with my sister at 6:30, therefor arrived at work around 8:20 -- before everyone else so the moment they walk in, they automatically check their watches cause they are confused with the time, thinking they're late instead of me being early (a full hour).
            Wasn't it fun to mess with their minds?

Comment

Timeless spoilers
              Spoiler:
              They did kill off my favorite character - Garcia Flynn. They killed him off in the first hour, so the second hour I was bored out of my mind. I wonder how ShipperWriter feels, since she loves Lyatt (Lucy and Wyatt - the opposite ship of my Garcy - Flynn and Lucy) and the whole thing was like badly written Lyatt fanfic. Ugh. I am glad they are canceled.

At least I'm reading 2 very good Season 3 continuations written by the fans.

Now I need something new to obsess over. Maybe I should obsess over Pepperony, huh Scary Kitty? They won't screw that over, will they?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                CONGRATULATIONS!!

Wasn't it fun to mess with their minds?
                Oh, you betcha...

Comment

Did anyone else get caught in the password change hell? Maybe I just need coffee, because it rejected my username and every email I could think of, saying it didn't exist. And each time I tried, it took the page forever to load. Then I thought, hmm, maybe if I don't log in on the main GateWorld landing page, but go straight to this thread maybe it will magically let me log in. And just like that I'm in. The mods will think I'm crazy- I just sent them an email before I tried. I'm guessing it was user error plus crappy internet speed minus needed coffee. It's like toilet paper math, I know it doesn't add it, but this is my mind on Christmas. TGIF.

I thought it was friday today... cause a colleague of mine usually has wednesdays off but this week she also took tuesday so now I'm completely confused. My workweek will be 6 days + 2 days weekend -- that's 8 days... so yeah...
                  Eek- I hope you get a couple extra days off at some point soon.

Congrats! That's fantastic. Well deserved for all your hard work.

Timeless spoilers
                  Spoiler:
                  They did kill off my favorite character - Garcia Flynn. They killed him off in the first hour, so the second hour I was bored out of my mind. I wonder how ShipperWriter feels, since she loves Lyatt (Lucy and Wyatt - the opposite ship of my Garcy - Flynn and Lucy) and the whole thing was like badly written Lyatt fanfic. Ugh. I am glad they are canceled.

Now I need something new to obsess over. Maybe I should obsess over Pepperony, huh Scary Kitty? They won't screw that over, will they?
                  I ended up reading through most of the second half of Timeless.
                  Spoiler:
                  And I must be dense, because I thought Wyatt's timeline had changed when they brought Jessica back, making him to be the jealous, not great husband, so that surprised me in the end that he was apparently really a jerk in his first marriage. I'm sure that was made clear at some point and I forgot or it just didn't register (or I was shipping Lyatt at the time and chose to ignore it- if so, shame on me). I am glad they finally celebrated Flynn for being the unsung hero of the show- but could they have not let that tortured soul find some peace? C'mon. At the end, I had a hard time being happy for Wyatt.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    Eek- I hope you get a couple extra days off at some point soon.
                    My friday -- today -- started spectacularly bad, but it just ended with an absolute high note.

My sister switches jobs within her company, and her current colleagues got her all sorts of "going-away" presents and on 2 occasions they included me in those gifts so that means that I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND PARIS!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

WHOOHOO!!!!! Congratulations, I knew you could do it!

Timeless spoilers
                      Spoiler:

Ugh, that's so sucktastic! It reminds me of TPTB's shenanigans with Elizabeth. I'm sorry things didn't go better. *hugs*

As for Pepperony, if you've been reading some of the posts I've been reblogging over on Tumblr, it's pretty obvious they're not gonna mess this one up. Come join us, we have cookies! (but no strawberries, because Pepper's allergic to them )

My friday -- today -- started spectacularly bad, but it just ended with an absolute high note.

My sister switches jobs within her company, and her current colleagues got her all sorts of "going-away" presents and on 2 occasions they included me in those gifts so that means that I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND PARIS!!
                      OMG that's so COOL! Have a great trip and say hi to Mickey and Minnie!

Comment

Did anyone else get caught in the password change hell? Maybe I just need coffee, because it rejected my username and every email I could think of, saying it didn't exist. And each time I tried, it took the page forever to load. Then I thought, hmm, maybe if I don't log in on the main GateWorld landing page, but go straight to this thread maybe it will magically let me log in. And just like that I'm in. The mods will think I'm crazy- I just sent them an email before I tried. I'm guessing it was user error plus crappy internet speed minus needed coffee. It's like toilet paper math, I know it doesn't add it, but this is my mind on Christmas. TGIF.
                        I didn't encounter that. "Toilet paper math".... TGIF!

Congrats! That's fantastic. Well deserved for all your hard work.
                        Thank you!!

I ended up reading through most of the second half of Timeless.
                        Spoiler:
                        And I must be dense, because I thought Wyatt's timeline had changed when they brought Jessica back, making him to be the jealous, not great husband, so that surprised me in the end that he was apparently really a jerk in his first marriage. I'm sure that was made clear at some point and I forgot or it just didn't register (or I was shipping Lyatt at the time and chose to ignore it- if so, shame on me). I am glad they finally celebrated Flynn for being the unsung hero of the show- but could they have not let that tortured soul find some peace? C'mon. At the end, I had a hard time being happy for Wyatt.
                        Do I still need to use spoilers? Because the person I was trying not to spoil was you. Anyway....
                        Spoiler:
                        Yeah Wyatt was a jerk in season 2 to Lucy and he never had to pay for it. It was just pushed under the rug. If they'd pulled that Lyatt stuff at the end of season one, I would have been fine with it. But they wrote Wyatt to be a jealous control freak with Lucy and that didn't make me want to like him. He was begging Jessica to come back to him and then not 10 minutes later telling Lucy that he loved her. How is that flattering on any of them?

And yeah, if they were bound and determined to make Lyatt happen, they could have at least let Garcia have his family back. And I'm sorry, but Lucy then going to Sao Paolo to tell Garcia to do everything, knowing he was gonna die and NOT save his family? That just reaked of manipulation to me.

So all in all, yes I'm still bitter.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        WHOOHOO!!!!! Congratulations, I knew you could do it!
                        Thank you!!!!

Ugh, that's so sucktastic! It reminds me of TPTB's shenanigans with Elizabeth. I'm sorry things didn't go better. *hugs*
                        Yeah, I haven't heard that the actor WANTED to have his character killed off so it does remind me of Elizabeth. At least with Elizabeth, Joe gave us the woobie face. In my case, Lucy hardly acted like she cared. It's all a horrible AU. *nods*

As for Pepperony, if you've been reading some of the posts I've been reblogging over on Tumblr, it's pretty obvious they're not gonna mess this one up. Come join us, we have cookies! (but no strawberries, because Pepper's allergic to them )
                        I'll have to do a rewatch and get on board. What is the order of the movies I need to watch?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Yeah, I haven't heard that the actor WANTED to have his character killed off so it does remind me of Elizabeth. At least with Elizabeth, Joe gave us the woobie face. In my case, Lucy hardly acted like she cared. It's all a horrible AU. *nods*
                          Ugh, makes me very glad I never got into Timeless. *hugs you*

I'll have to do a rewatch and get on board. What is the order of the movies I need to watch?
                          Just the ones with Pepperony goodness? It's basically order of release. Here's the whole MCU list with the ones with key Pepperony stuff in them bolded red so you can see where they fit into the big picture:

Iron Man
                          The Incredible Hulk
                          Iron Man 2
                          Thor
                          Captain America: The First Avenger
                          The Avengers
                          Iron Man 3
                          Thor: The Dark World
                          Captain America: The Winter Soldier
                          Guardians of the Galaxy
                          Avengers: Age of Ultron
                          Ant-Man
                          Captain America: Civil War (no Pepper, but major Pepperony revelation and important setup for IW/Endgame)
                          Doctor Strange
                          Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
                          Spider-Man: Homecoming (BIG Pepperony moment!)
                          Thor: Ragnarok
                          Black Panther
                          Avengers: Infinity War
                          Ant-Man and the Wasp

And there you go! Have fun with the rewatch!

Comment

Ugh, makes me very glad I never got into Timeless. *hugs you*
                            1bighug.jpg

It makes me appreciate Joe even more. Cause I'm sure both him and the actress that played Lucy got directions like "is sad" but Joe went and turned it on to 11 and gave us this:

normal_atl_401_311.JPG

normal_atl_401_312.JPG

Thanks for the rewatch list!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42806[/ATTACH]

It makes me appreciate Joe even more. Cause I'm sure both him and the actress that played Lucy got directions like "is sad" but Joe went and turned it on to 11 and gave us this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42808[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42807[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the rewatch list!!!
                              Thank goodness for Joe. He truly kept the Sparky flame burning for us all.

And you're welcome for the list! *moar hugs*

Comment

Good morning (heck, almost noon), Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and Merry Christmas Eve!

Comment

Working...
                                X