Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Falcon Horus - ocean sounds would just make me want to go into the ocean, but thanks for the idea!
    It's calming, and sometimes I add the sound of seagulls (though they go off after a few hours), or dolphins and whales. It's an app on my phone -- it also helps when I feel a panic/anxiety attack coming on.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

No recap. I actually slept well last night. Yay!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      JT-2- that recap was great. I love that episode. It's one I never remove from my iPad no matter how storage challenged I am- and I'm usually always desperate for space. If insomnia hits again, keep the notes coming. Made me smile big.
      Thanks! It is a great episode. Lots of good stuff.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It's calming, and sometimes I add the sound of seagulls (though they go off after a few hours), or dolphins and whales. It's an app on my phone -- it also helps when I feel a panic/anxiety attack coming on.
      Hey, that's a good idea. I'll have to try that. What's the name of the app?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

No recap. I actually slept well last night. Yay!
        Me too! Isn't it weird how it always seems to come and go?

Seconding the request for the app name, I may have to look into that.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Seconding the request for the app name, I may have to look into that.
          For Android phones: Ambience -- Nature Sounds app

It's not available for iOS. However, here are 10 Apps That Will Help You Sleep Better.

Ambience allows you to combine up to 4 sounds in free modus. It even has sounds like a dryer or a washingmachine, a jacuzzi and even traffic. And my favorite besides the ocean, a purring cat.

Comment

It's not available for iOS. However, here are 10 Apps That Will Help You Sleep Better.

Ambience allows you to combine up to 4 sounds in free modus. It even has sounds like a dryer or a washingmachine, a jacuzzi and even traffic. And my favorite besides the ocean, a purring cat.
            Thanks! I added it to my phone.

I have been binge watching old ER episodes (my Timeless obsession has led me into a Goran Visnjic obsession), and who just showed up? David Hewlett! He is playing the father of a sick boy.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Darn, I'm on an iPhone. I'll have to look into the other ones, though. That rain one looks good.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm wide awake at 3am, once again. Time for The Long Goodbye. I wanna see Torri kick some @ss.

Previously on Stargate Atlantis ....

Skinner has a snake in his head.

"ridiculously attractive people in absurd situations" Yeah that just about sums up TV. At least my TV watching.

"Double Jeopardy. That's twice as dangerous." John, you're such a goober.

Skinner is here to make amends. Awww. I should probably stop calling him Skinner. Nah.

Don't get too close to the pod, Lizzie! Oh damn, she's fainted. (Why doesn't John faint later? I know, I know, to move the plot along. But it makes no sense.)

Proper opening credits

And Dr. Weir is referring to herself in the third person. This can't be good. Phoebus (sp?) spins a tale. John just wants to know if Elizabeth is okay. I love how John drops the beginning E of Elizabeth's name. Now Phoebus wants to ask John a "favor". John never would have agreed if he didn't think Elizabeth wanted him to do it. Elizabeth's boys.

"You're a hopeless romantic, you know that?" "Well you're just as hopeless, otherwise you wouldn't have agreed." TRUE FACTS! John looks all embarrassed at that.

"I promise to be discreet, Colonel." "Well" (love how his voice cracks)

Thalen is in the building.

And the smooch! So pretty to look at. With romantic music playing in the background. Not an attack or anything. *snerk*

And they take off! Torri is so good. Her whole posture and voice are different.

The fact that "Elizabeth" was touting a gun should have been a clue to Lorne. And she takes the whole security team down. That was just plain hot. *fans self*

I hate to say this, but Torri does a better job of being a different person than Joe does. But that's probably because Phoebus is so very different from Elizabeth whereas Thalen is a soldier like John.

"Well, they're heading straight for divorce."

Torri does a little leap off the balcony. That was so awesome. And hot. Are we noticing a theme here? Yes, I think they're hot.

"He's trying to kill Dr. Weir." "Oh that is so much more comforting!" Rodney is one of Elizabeth's boys.

And Ronon gets totally fooled. Oh Ronon. You're very pretty, but not always the brightest. I love you anyway.

Phoebus shoots Ronon. Elizabeth's gonna feel so guilty about that later.

And Thalen says John is "screaming in my head". I wonder what he was screaming during the kiss. *giggles*

Teyla says "I can handle Dr. Weir." Your overconfidence will be your downfall, young lady.

Phoebus taunts Skinner. "I want Sheppard." Yeah, honey, a lot of us do.

"Even Weir thinks you're hopeless. She can't hide it." Ouch.

"So, shall we take it from the point where I start counting down from an arbitrary number?" Torri is just so good at playing this.

Teyla's a bit smarter than Ronon and isn't falling for Thalen's John impersonation.

Torri's little bit of hair in her face is so adorable and psychopath looking.

Phoebus gets stunned and it's all over.

And we end with John and Elizabeth in the infirmary. Skinner comes by to taunt them. "Especially that kiss". Mortified expressions, and Elizabeth slides down the bed. Too cute!

The end

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

OMG another recap!

I'm wide awake at 3am, once again. Time for The Long Goodbye. I wanna see Torri kick some @ss.

Previously on Stargate Atlantis ....

Skinner has a snake in his head.

"ridiculously attractive people in absurd situations" Yeah that just about sums up TV. At least my TV watching.

"Double Jeopardy. That's twice as dangerous." John, you're such a goober.

Skinner is here to make amends. Awww. I should probably stop calling him Skinner. Nah.

Don't get too close to the pod, Lizzie! Oh damn, she's fainted. (Why doesn't John faint later? I know, I know, to move the plot along. But it makes no sense.)

Proper opening credits

And Dr. Weir is referring to herself in the third person. This can't be good. Phoebus (sp?) spins a tale. John just wants to know if Elizabeth is okay. I love how John drops the beginning E of Elizabeth's name. Now Phoebus wants to ask John a "favor". John never would have agreed if he didn't think Elizabeth wanted him to do it. Elizabeth's boys.

"You're a hopeless romantic, you know that?" "Well you're just as hopeless, otherwise you wouldn't have agreed." TRUE FACTS! John looks all embarrassed at that.

"I promise to be discreet, Colonel." "Well" (love how his voice cracks)

Thalen is in the building.

And the smooch! So pretty to look at. With romantic music playing in the background. Not an attack or anything. *snerk*

And they take off! Torri is so good. Her whole posture and voice are different.

The fact that "Elizabeth" was touting a gun should have been a clue to Lorne. And she takes the whole security team down. That was just plain hot. *fans self*

I hate to say this, but Torri does a better job of being a different person than Joe does. But that's probably because Phoebus is so very different from Elizabeth whereas Thalen is a soldier like John.

"Well, they're heading straight for divorce."

Torri does a little leap off the balcony. That was so awesome. And hot. Are we noticing a theme here? Yes, I think they're hot.

"He's trying to kill Dr. Weir." "Oh that is so much more comforting!" Rodney is one of Elizabeth's boys.

And Ronon gets totally fooled. Oh Ronon. You're very pretty, but not always the brightest. I love you anyway.

Phoebus shoots Ronon. Elizabeth's gonna feel so guilty about that later.

And Thalen says John is "screaming in my head". I wonder what he was screaming during the kiss. *giggles*

Teyla says "I can handle Dr. Weir." Your overconfidence will be your downfall, young lady.

Phoebus taunts Skinner. "I want Sheppard." Yeah, honey, a lot of us do.

"Even Weir thinks you're hopeless. She can't hide it." Ouch.

"So, shall we take it from the point where I start counting down from an arbitrary number?" Torri is just so good at playing this.

Teyla's a bit smarter than Ronon and isn't falling for Thalen's John impersonation.

Torri's little bit of hair in her face is so adorable and psychopath looking.

Phoebus gets stunned and it's all over.

And we end with John and Elizabeth in the infirmary. Skinner comes by to taunt them. "Especially that kiss". Mortified expressions, and Elizabeth slides down the bed. Too cute!

The end
                  *screaming* Girl, you are SLAYING me with these! Reminds me of the post-a-thons we used to do on the thread.

I think I'm gonna have to pick a couple of episodes to watch sometime SOON.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

This week's College Football Roundup: Once again, it's a bad week for nearly everyone as USC lost to UCLA 27-34 (), Virginia Tech lost to Miami 38-14, Air Force lost to Wyoming 35-27 (FH was right!), and Navy beat Tulsa 37-29.

Comment

...Air Force lost to Wyoming 35-27 (FH was right!)...
                      It's that pattern, I'm telling you...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

OMG another recap!

*screaming* Girl, you are SLAYING me with these! Reminds me of the post-a-thons we used to do on the thread.

I think I'm gonna have to pick a couple of episodes to watch sometime SOON.
                        You should! I watched Progeny last night. Well, this morning. My sleep schedule is so screwed up.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

It's that pattern, I'm telling you...
                          I believe it! It's just so weird!

You should! I watched Progeny last night. Well, this morning. My sleep schedule is so screwed up.
                          Oh dear...on the one hand, not good about the sleep schedule. On the other hand, classic SGA goodness.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Oh dear...on the one hand, not good about the sleep schedule. On the other hand, classic SGA goodness.
                              I have tried the ocean sounds but it isn't working. Going to try some NyQuil tonight.

If that doesn't work, another SGA episode might be in my future.

Comment

No more blue light for you... it tricks the mind to wake up. Just saying...

Comment

Working...
                                X