No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

(sorry for the late check-in, but GW was being a pain this morning and not fully loading--even the quick reply form wasn't coming up!)
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm sick of daylight savings time already. It is only 7pm here but it feels like 9pm.

Comment

I don't know if you guys have heard, but Joe lost his house in the fires in Malibu. He posted that everyone is okay and he is helping his neighbors save their houses. I can't imagine what he's going through.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I don't know if you guys have heard, but Joe lost his house in the fires in Malibu. He posted that everyone is okay and he is helping his neighbors save their houses. I can't imagine what he's going through.
          That's awful!! To lose everything you own like that. Poor guy.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and also best wishes and thanks to all our veterans and their loved ones on this Veterans Day.

Oh no! Poor Joe, that's terrible news!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Almost forgot: This week's College Football Roundup!

It's another (almost totally) bad week as USC lost to Cal 15-14 (WTF? We lost to CAL?!?), Virginia Tech lost to Pittsburgh 52-22, Navy lost to UCF 35-24, and Air Force was the lone bright spot as they beat New Mexico 42-24.

Comment

I saw his posts and vids on Instagram. So glad he and the fam are okay- physically anyway. I can't even imagine how he and the others who have lost their homes are feeling.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  I saw his posts and vids on Instagram. So glad he and the fam are okay- physically anyway. I can't even imagine how he and the others who have lost their homes are feeling.
                  Me neither. It's scary just watching the news footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Almost forgot: This week's College Football Roundup!

It's another (almost totally) bad week as USC lost to Cal 15-14 (WTF? We lost to CAL?!?), Virginia Tech lost to Pittsburgh 52-22, Navy lost to UCF 35-24, and Air Force was the lone bright spot as they beat New Mexico 42-24.
                    There we go!

So, they'll loose this week.

Re: Woolseyfire

Homes can be rebuild, people can't.

It's no less devastating to loose everything that way, but losing people you love -- they cannot be replaced.

29 people have died so far (what I read this morning online in my feed) and several dozens still missing. Lots of animals too have been killed, and others saved.

Even though it's not meant to be funny, I saw an image of llamas tied to the lifeguards' hut on the beach near Malibu and it just looked idiotic -- out of place, but at least they were safe.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Re: Woolseyfire

Homes can be rebuild, people can't.

It's no less devastating to loose everything that way, but losing people you love -- they cannot be replaced.

29 people have died so far (what I read this morning online in my feed) and several dozens still missing. Lots of animals too have been killed, and others saved.

Even though it's not meant to be funny, I saw an image of llamas tied to the lifeguards' hut on the beach near Malibu and it just looked idiotic -- out of place, but at least they were safe.
                      Indeed.

Comment

It's 2:30 a.m and I'm wide awake. So let's watch an episode of SGA.

What shall I pick.... what shall I pick.... let's watch my favorite episode - Tao of Rodney.

Yadda yadda, get to the plot.

Plot started. Rodney zapped by Ancient device.

And beginning credits (proper beginning credits cause Elizabeth and Carson are in them).

John and Elizabeth look like Rodney's parents waiting with their kid at the ER.

"I'd turn into a bug."

"What are the chances it could make him more pleasant?" again

And uh oh, first signs of a problem... super hearing.

Elizabeth being a geek and reading Ancient. I love it when she does that.

John's face when explaining the weird trip with Lorne. He looks at Elizabeth with such a funny expression.

The oh so obvious reference to SG-1 where they try to explain how they are just ripping off their past episodes. Yes, we're aware - you have no shame in copying yourselves.

John begging Elizabeth to use the device on himself is so cute.

Gotta wonder what Rodney heard in John and Elizabeth's heads..... I read a fic once where Rodney was teasing John over his impure thoughts about Elizabeth.

"Don't you hate it when people interrupt right when things are getting good?" Um, speaking from some experience there, John? Did you and Elizabeth get interrupted in a storage closet? And has he ever heard of personal space? Apparently not with Elizabeth.

And Zelenka gets zapped, and brought back to life. I wish someone could just hold their hands over my messed up spine and fix it like that.

Elizabeth trying to convince Rodney to try to ascend. I love me some Rodney/Elizabeth friendship.

John and Elizabeth at lunch together - just the 2 of them. Suck on it, you haters who said they never spent time together.

"Elizabeth made me." "Oh yeah, me too." Elizabeth's boys.

And Rodney begins his quest of being nice to everyone. Love this part.

He wrote a 500 page book about Elizabeth. Aaawwwww!!!

They all stand around Rodney with the couples lined up as they should have been - Teyla/Ronon on one side and John/Elizabeth on the other. *nods* (if not Teyla/Kate or Teyla/Carson or Teyla/Kanaan - I multi-ship)

Rodney is saved!

End scene with Elizabeth and Rodney. "And you love me." "What?" "You so did!"

"I've always noticed there's been an indefinable and yet magical chemistry between us that I believe I covered in chapter 10" tee-hee! They're so cute.

Okay that's all. I'll try to sleep again now that it's 3:20.

Comment

JT-2 having the best insomnia remedy...

I look forward to more of these cliffnote episode versions.

Though perhaps I should offer methods of preventing insomnia instead: listen to nature sounds works for me (the ocean in my case).
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            JT-2 having the best insomnia remedy...

I look forward to more of these cliffnote episode versions.
                            Me too! Hmm, I wonder if doing that would've helped my insomnia this morning....

Comment

I did manage to get a few hours sleep so I'm feeling less punch drunk.

Scary Kitty, yes you should try it! I hope you sleep well tonight. I hope I sleep well tonight. Might be a Siege marathon in my future.

Falcon Horus - ocean sounds would just make me want to go into the ocean, but thanks for the idea!

Comment

JT-2- that recap was great. I love that episode. It's one I never remove from my iPad no matter how storage challenged I am- and I'm usually always desperate for space. If insomnia hits again, keep the notes coming. Made me smile big.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X