Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Gateworld is back up!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Did you know that Cokes are sweeter in Mexico, you can buy some really good leather bags on the side of the road and you can bargain on price at any shop that doesn't have a glass storefront? Just a few helpful tidbits. This is also the place where Mr. SR discovered Modelo Negra. Only helpful if you like really dark cerveza. Now about those pink drinks. I'd be careful of anything not from a bottle or can. Just sayin'.
    Good to know! I hadn't thought about the water in those pink fruity drinks. Well, damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      When is the Chicago Con?

I ended up taking my new laptop to my parents house. Successful laptop field trip.
      The Con is in June 2019. Glad the new laptop is working out for you. True story- I've had my new work laptop for a few months and I just realized it is a touchscreen. Scared me when I hit the screen by accident and a file opened right up. In my defense, they didn't ship me the laptop in the original box or with a manual of any sort, still... Rodney McKay would be having fits over my ignorance. The thought kind of makes me smile.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      As long as they don't cancel... cause a lot can happen between then and now.

Anyway, I'm melting...
      I'm not getting my hopes up until I'm within eyeshot. No matter how it turns out, there will be plenty there to keep me happy. (Easy to say that now, right? Lol. ) And you picked a pretty beach to melt at! Judging from your IG posts that is. I could use that kind of scenery about now. Beautiful.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      My paper is now done. 4 1/2 pages. Phew! Now just 1 more quiz and the final.
      Yea!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        And you picked a pretty beach to melt at! Judging from your IG posts that is. I could use that kind of scenery about now. Beautiful.
        Oh no... no melting at that beach. The melting was still happening in Belgium. In Scotland the temps around around 21° Celsius and there's a fine sea breeze keeping it nice and cool. And we're having a blast enjoying the cool weather.

If the weather in Belgium is still as hot as when we left it (close to 38° Celsius), we're going to be melting for sure.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

The Con is in June 2019. Glad the new laptop is working out for you. True story- I've had my new work laptop for a few months and I just realized it is a touchscreen. Scared me when I hit the screen by accident and a file opened right up. In my defense, they didn't ship me the laptop in the original box or with a manual of any sort, still... Rodney McKay would be having fits over my ignorance. The thought kind of makes me smile.

Oh no... no melting at that beach. The melting was still happening in Belgium. In Scotland the temps around around 21° Celsius and there's a fine sea breeze keeping it nice and cool. And we're having a blast enjoying the cool weather.

If the weather in Belgium is still as hot as when we left it (close to 38° Celsius), we're going to be melting for sure.
          The heatwave is finally breaking here in the northwest corner of the Northwest. We're actually going to be a little below average temps for a few days. Finally. *sighs in relief*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

The heatwave is finally breaking here in the northwest corner of the Northwest. We're actually going to be a little below average temps for a few days. Finally. *sighs in relief*
            The heat wave is just starting for us on the East Coast. Thank God for air conditioning!!

Comment

The heat wave is just starting for us on the East Coast. Thank God for air conditioning!!
              We've been lucky, at least the past few weeks. It dipped into the 70's this week- crazy for July/Aug. I know the heat is lurking out there just waiting to come back with a vengeance. I was looking at fall football tickets- almost college football time!- and scrolled right past the September and October game dates. If I'm going to be in a stadium of over 100,000 screaming maniacs for hours, the last thing I want to do is bake while I'm battling claustrophobia.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Amen to that!

We've been lucky, at least the past few weeks. It dipped into the 70's this week- crazy for July/Aug. I know the heat is lurking out there just waiting to come back with a vengeance. I was looking at fall football tickets- almost college football time!- and scrolled right past the September and October game dates. If I'm going to be in a stadium of over 100,000 screaming maniacs for hours, the last thing I want to do is bake while I'm battling claustrophobia.
                *shudders* Ugh, yeah that wouldn't be fun at all. I always did prefer night games...
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I just wrote JT's postcard. Now to find the postoffice and get it send on its way.

And then hopefully nothing happens to it while it's on its way to the US from the UK.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I just wrote JT's postcard. Now to find the postoffice and get it send on its way.

And then hopefully nothing happens to it while it's on its way to the US from the UK.
                    I'm sure it'll be fine.

Comment

The postoffice was obviously closed... ... trying again tomorrow morning before we leave for our final trip, possibly visiting a town where there are Highland Games taking place tomorrow. Depending if it's far from where we are or not cause we have to be back on time so we can make our suitcases cause due to some unforseen circumstances we have to leave extra early on Sunday.

My sister forgot her stuffed bunny at the Lancaster B&B we stayed at on our route north so we have to drive back there to get it before making our way to York. She didn't want to, saying it was "just an ikea bunny that cost less than 5 euro" but the sentimental value of the bunny is worth more than money to me and definitely to her as well (even though she doesn't want to admit it). So sunday will be "The Roadtrip To Find Our Little Bunny". Besides he's the travel companion of Carson, my stuffed turtle. He's been feeling lonely all week.

Comment

Squee!!!!!!! Postcard from Falcon Horus is coming!!

And yes, you totally have to go get the bunny!! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.

Comment

The postcard was delivered to the postoffice so it's now officially on its way.

I do not know how long it'll be on its way though.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Can't wait to hear the outcome of Operation: Little Bunny!
                            (I understand all about beloved stuffed animal mascots. *huggles little Stitch* )

Comment

Taking a study break. The amount of info I have to memorize for this essay final is insane.

The postcard was delivered to the postoffice so it's now officially on its way.

I do not know how long it'll be on its way though.
                              Some sugar for you!!

sugar.jpg

Seriously, thank you!!!

I hope you found baby%20rabbit.jpg

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Can't wait to hear the outcome of Operation: Little Bunny!
                              (I understand all about beloved stuffed animal mascots. *huggles little Stitch* )
                              Stitch!!! I love Stitch! I have a stuffed beagle myself. He's not named. I should probably name him. Any good ideas?

Comment

Seriously, thank you!!!
                                You're welcome.

And yes, the bunny is back with us. The lady of the B&B we stayed at last week brought him outside when we arrive, going "You've got some explaining to do why he was left behind." -- It was the cutest.

But he's back and a-okay.

And having to go back to the Greenbank Farmhouse was actually a blessing because there was a congestion on the M6 freeway which ran all the way to Blackpool and well passed Manchester so we took the scenic route from Lancaster to York instead. And thus drove passed an American NSA spy-project disguised as an R.A.F. airbase, but their "golf balls" -- radomes -- were really standing out in the landscape.

Stitch!!! I love Stitch! I have a stuffed beagle myself. He's not named. I should probably name him. Any good ideas?
                                Darwin
                                He had a beagle.

Comment

Working...
                                X