No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And come to think of it, they did recast Elizabeth. But I think since it was on the mother show and not Atlantis made all the difference. There have also been other recasts all the way back to Darren on Bewitched and the constant recasting of Superman, Batman and Spiderman. Another factor also is the internet which allows for much more direct fan involvement these days.
    I think you're right about that. And in fact, they recast between seasons, so Torri was actually on SG-1 for a little bit before the move to Atlantis, so that probably helped with the transition even more.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The odds of that are very unlikely, but I have decided to put down a complaint with the police anyway.
    Perhaps it might help, but probably won't.

My neighbor suspects that, since it's not in sight of the street, that it was stolen with intent, in order to sell it again. It's a pretty decent trekking bike with plenty gears and the newest model breaks -- like what tour de france cyclists use these days, disk breaks (kinda like the breaks of a car). The bike wasn't visible from the street so someone must have known about it or might have seen it out two weeks ago when we were cleaning the garage and the drive way. I don't know.
    That sounds likely. Ugh, people can be such jerks.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    At my last house, someone once stole a hammock off my back deck. Nowhere near on par with a nice bike, but it creeped me out. Someone had been on my deck. When I was sleeping. It's not just loss of property, you lose a little peace of mind.
    That's really creepy!

We've gotten potted plants stolen off our front porch at our last two houses. Like seriously, what the heck is the attraction of a potted plant? They weren't fancy or anything, so it's not like they could sell them.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So, I finally got a new laptop! Now I'm catching up on Outlander.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        We've gotten potted plants stolen off our front porch at our last two houses. Like seriously, what the heck is the attraction of a potted plant? They weren't fancy or anything, so it's not like they could sell them.
        That's just bizarre.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
          Yay! Congrats on the new laptop!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          That's just bizarre.
          I know, right? Weird as heck.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

I agree with Falcon Horus - that is just bizarre. Unless it was a pot plant, instead of a potted plant.

Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                I agree with Falcon Horus - that is just bizarre. Unless it was a pot plant, instead of a potted plant.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

That sounds like something out of a Janet Evanovich book. Anyone else love the guilty pleasure of reading her Stephanie Plum books? I'm having visions of Plum's Grandma Mazur stealing your plants to take to all the funerals she goes to. And if you don't know the series, the grandma is awesomely borderline insane in a way only the elderly can only pull off. She only goes to the funerals for the cookies. And gossip. And to find dates for Stephanie.

Congrats! I hope you are enjoying it. I think I'm the only one who hates getting new tech. My brain is happily running on auto-pilot and then bam, enter new laptop. Everything is the same, but they moved it all around just for kicks and giggles.

We got gold passes when we went to the Creation one. It was worth it.
                  I made the mistake of telling DH about the con. We have friends in Chicago, so.....gold you say? I like shiny things.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Haven't been able to take the new laptop to the library, so it's not set up for internet yet.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Nope, just an ordinary houseplant in an ordinary clay pot. Totally weird.

That sounds like something out of a Janet Evanovich book. Anyone else love the guilty pleasure of reading her Stephanie Plum books? I'm having visions of Plum's Grandma Mazur stealing your plants to take to all the funerals she goes to. And if you don't know the series, the grandma is awesomely borderline insane in a way only the elderly can only pull off. She only goes to the funerals for the cookies. And gossip. And to find dates for Stephanie.
                      That sounds hilarious!

I made the mistake of telling DH about the con. We have friends in Chicago, so.....gold you say? I like shiny things.
                      Heheheh...now we're talking!

Comment

I should be studying for yet another quiz for my course. This course is zipping along. Two out of four quizzes done (A's on both - yippee!) Then the final. Oh and I have to write my paper this weekend. Not that I've been procrastinating or anything.... I still hate this class. I'm glad I'm taking it in summer where it goes by so quickly.

Congrats! I hope you are enjoying it. I think I'm the only one who hates getting new tech. My brain is happily running on auto-pilot and then bam, enter new laptop. Everything is the same, but they moved it all around just for kicks and giggles.
                        No I feel the same way. I could have upgraded my phone months ago but I don't feel like setting up a new one. The fingerprint recognition thingy is getting weak, so I will probably be forced to upgrade soon.

For my con, the gold meant better seats and being able to get autographs earlier. There was also a meet and greet where Torri and Jewel came around to our tables. The way I saw it was - I'm only going to a con once, so might as well go all out.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I should be studying for yet another quiz for my course. This course is zipping along. Two out of four quizzes done (A's on both - yippee!) Then the final. Oh and I have to write my paper this weekend. Not that I've been procrastinating or anything.... I still hate this class. I'm glad I'm taking it in summer where it goes by so quickly.
                          Heh, I think most of us procrastinate as much as we can.

No I feel the same way. I could have upgraded my phone months ago but I don't feel like setting up a new one. The fingerprint recognition thingy is getting weak, so I will probably be forced to upgrade soon.
                          Hmm, I guess I'm a little different. I love getting new tech, it's just the set up and learning curve on new features can be annoying. But then once I have it and everything's working, it's a breeze.

For my con, the gold meant better seats and being able to get autographs earlier. There was also a meet and greet where Torri and Jewel came around to our tables. The way I saw it was - I'm only going to a con once, so might as well go all out.
                          Exactly.

Comment

I knew what you meant about the gold package. I swear, I should be banned from the internet. That's what happens when I drink too much coffee. I try to be funny and just sound crazy. And I agree. Splurge worthy. Who knows if they'll ever do another? I've been crossing my fingers for another Final Frellin Farscape Farewell convention.

I feel your pain on the phone. The spot on my screen to turn off my alarm is wearing out. Some days it takes forever to shut it down.

Good luck with the paper!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

You and me both. Mr. SR just laughs at me because I whine so much. I must admit I'm better than I used to be and I even had a friend ask me how to block calls on the iPhone and I was able to tell her so I'm feeling proud.

Haven't been able to take the new laptop to the library, so it's not set up for internet yet.
                              I feel like I missed something but why do you have to take your laptop to the library to set up the internet or do you mean you can't take it because it's not set up?

Mr. SR and I just got back from seeing Skyscraper and what do we see for about 3 seconds near the beginning but Paul McGillion. He appeared to be playing a police commander who only had one line.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The laptop needs set up for internet, which I don't have at home. So it needs to visit the library.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X