Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Same here, I quit NCIS for that exact reason. *shrugs with you*
    I bailed after the season 7 premiere where Tony went searching for Ziva and they totally had their moment, but then afterwards they pushed it right back like it had never happened. There comes a time with all shippy couples where if you don't just press the trigger and move forward that it becomes nonsensical and annoying. Most shows used to do that - keep the couple apart forever, fearing the "Moonlighting" effect. Like I'm sorry, but the Sam/Jack thing on SG-1 is just ridiculous, it was dragged out so long. Not that I cared about them, but if I did I would have been pissed with how they handled it.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Yay for the great grade on the quiz! Total thumbs down on having to retake those classes. I think once upon a time, they'd even allow a chance to test out of basic courses.
    Yeah, the admissions guy said I could take a test but then they backed off on that. Whatever. Stupid school just wants more tuition money out of me. At least those classes will be easy.

One show I'm looking forward to is Nightflyers, premiering on Syfy this fall. It looks like it may just be a ten part show, but a lot of the info I'm finding is spotty on details. It's based on a George R.R. Martin novella. It doesn't hurt that Eoin Macken is involved. I adore him. He's an Irish actor that bears a resemblance to Sheppard, totally has the crazy hair down. He was in NBC's the Night Shift- played a Ranger/doctor. Very military/veteran centric series. Sometimes watching it, it seemed like an Atlantis AU with him and the female lead reminding me so much of John and Elizabeth. It's a good one to check out. Four seasons with a satisfying ending. (Unlike Timeless. Grr.)
    I'll have to get over my disdain of NBC and check out The Night Shift. Although the last time someone (ShipperWriter) told me to watch a show because of the John/Elizabeth parallels in it, I turned out to ship the opposing ship (the show was Timeless and I ended up shipping Lucy/Flynn instead of Lucy/Wyatt). Oops!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Well, this day ended in a sad... turns out my bike was stolen. Or at least, it looks that way since it's missing from it's parking space in the drive way -- and it was bolted to the wall.
    Well that just sucks!!! I'm sorry!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I bailed after the season 6 premiere where Tony went searching for Ziva and they totally had their moment, but then afterwards they pushed it right back like it had never happened.
      Because Cote left.

But there's a daughter...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Because Cote left.

I was fed up before she even left.

Comment

I was fed up before she even left.
          Because Cote left.

See that's just what I was saying. It's understandable that they have to go in a new direction when an actor leaves but why not just recast them. We have stayed with NCIS in part because it does not center on ship or any other angsty stuff. There is personal drama, yes, but it's not the actual plot of the show with the cases being a sideline. That's why I quit Grey's Anatomy and love Code Black, which is cancelled BTW. I was mostly annoyed by the Tony/Ziva thing and never saw any chemistry there. The contrived ending for him was ridiculous IMHO.

Now, all that said, could you Tony/Ziva shippers have accepted a recast for either or both?
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            See that's just what I was saying. It's understandable that they have to go in a new direction when an actor leaves but why not just recast them. We have stayed with NCIS in part because it does not center on ship or any other angsty stuff. There is personal drama, yes, but it's not the actual plot of the show with the cases being a sideline.
            See, I love NCIS -- including NCIS: LA & NCIS: NO -- and I love it because it has it all. Great cases, personal relationships (which go wonky at times), amazing friendships, hilarious interactions, ... I was quite okay with Ziva/Tony. Perhaps didn't like how it ended with the killing of Ziva, but without having to bring Cote back, it seemed like the next best thing.

Now, all that said, could you Tony/Ziva shippers have accepted a recast for either or both?
            No way. There's only one DiNozzo and that's Jason Bull... Michael Weatherly ... (for a moment there forgot his name).

I love that they don't recast. They just add new dynamics into the mix, like Ellie and our Latino boy, and next season, the new forensic scientist. Oh, and the MI6 guy...

I actually am dreading the day Ducky leaves (or the actor dies) cause he's like ... Ducky...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yay for the great grade on the quiz! Total thumbs down on having to retake those classes. I think once upon a time, they'd even allow a chance to test out of basic courses.
              I know they did when I went to USC; incoming freshmen could be waivered out of certain required classes if they scored well on the national AP exams or on the university's own placement tests.

One show I'm looking forward to is Nightflyers, premiering on Syfy this fall. It looks like it may just be a ten part show, but a lot of the info I'm finding is spotty on details. It's based on a George R.R. Martin novella. It doesn't hurt that Eoin Macken is involved. I adore him. He's an Irish actor that bears a resemblance to Sheppard, totally has the crazy hair down. He was in NBC's the Night Shift- played a Ranger/doctor. Very military/veteran centric series. Sometimes watching it, it seemed like an Atlantis AU with him and the female lead reminding me so much of John and Elizabeth. It's a good one to check out. Four seasons with a satisfying ending. (Unlike Timeless. Grr.)
              I remember the old 80s movie based on the Nightflyers novella. Cheesy as heck.

Gonna have to add Night Shift to my list of shows to watch, I guess.

Well, this day ended in a sad... turns out my bike was stolen. Or at least, it looks that way since it's missing from it's parking space in the drive way -- and it was bolted to the wall.
              Oh no! That totally sucks, I'm so sorry!

I bailed after the season 7 premiere where Tony went searching for Ziva and they totally had their moment, but then afterwards they pushed it right back like it had never happened. There comes a time with all shippy couples where if you don't just press the trigger and move forward that it becomes nonsensical and annoying. Most shows used to do that - keep the couple apart forever, fearing the "Moonlighting" effect. Like I'm sorry, but the Sam/Jack thing on SG-1 is just ridiculous, it was dragged out so long. Not that I cared about them, but if I did I would have been pissed with how they handled it.
              I seem to recall they did that (kinda) with Mulder and Scully on X-Files, too. I never really got into that show, but I would've been pissed too if I'd been a fan.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

See, I love NCIS -- including NCIS: LA & NCIS: NO -- and I love it because it has it all. Great cases, personal relationships (which go wonky at times), amazing friendships, hilarious interactions, ... I was quite okay with Ziva/Tony. Perhaps didn't like how it ended with the killing of Ziva, but without having to bring Cote back, it seemed like the next best thing.

No way. There's only one DiNozzo and that's Jason Bull... Michael Weatherly ... (for a moment there forgot his name).

I love that they don't recast. They just add new dynamics into the mix, like Ellie and our Latino boy, and next season, the new forensic scientist. Oh, and the MI6 guy...

I actually am dreading the day Ducky leaves (or the actor dies) cause he's like ... Ducky...
                I agree with all this. We particularly enjoy NCIS New Orleans. Great characters in that one. I was telling Mr. SR about our discussion on recasting and he asked how I would have reacted if they had recast Sheppard.
                sigpic

Comment

I agree with all this. We particularly enjoy NCIS New Orleans. Great characters in that one. I was telling Mr. SR about our discussion on recasting and he asked how I would have reacted if they had recast Sheppard.
                  That certainly answers that question...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*shudders* What they did to Elizabeth was bad enough, but recasting Sheppard? The ratings would've tanked so fast SyFy would've pulled it before they even got to the end of the season.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*shudders* What they did to Elizabeth was bad enough, but recasting Sheppard? The ratings would've tanked so fast SyFy would've pulled it before they even got to the end of the season.
                      And come to think of it, they did recast Elizabeth. But I think since it was on the mother show and not Atlantis made all the difference. There have also been other recasts all the way back to Darren on Bewitched and the constant recasting of Superman, Batman and Spiderman. Another factor also is the internet which allows for much more direct fan involvement these days.
                      sigpic

Comment

That's terrible! I guess the odds are against it, but I hope it turns up.

See that's just what I was saying. It's understandable that they have to go in a new direction when an actor leaves but why not just recast them. We have stayed with NCIS in part because it does not center on ship or any other angsty stuff. There is personal drama, yes, but it's not the actual plot of the show with the cases being a sideline. That's why I quit Grey's Anatomy and love Code Black, which is cancelled BTW. I was mostly annoyed by the Tony/Ziva thing and never saw any chemistry there. The contrived ending for him was ridiculous IMHO.

I really need to go back and watch these. I lost a season due to DVR failure and never picked it back up.I was rooting for the ship, but never saw those epps. Either way, I've never been a fan of recasting.

Yeah, the admissions guy said I could take a test but then they backed off on that. Whatever. Stupid school just wants more tuition money out of me. At least those classes will be easy.

I'll have to get over my disdain of NBC and check out The Night Shift. Although the last time someone (ShipperWriter) told me to watch a show because of the John/Elizabeth parallels in it, I turned out to ship the opposing ship (the show was Timeless and I ended up shipping Lucy/Flynn instead of Lucy/Wyatt). Oops!

Well that just sucks!!! I'm sorry!!!!
                        I rooted for Sam/Jack, and the dragging it out backfired for me. There was a part of me a little ticked off whenever Sam dated someone. Jack was always there, all moon eyed, yet supportive. Actually, it still kind of ticks me off a little. Poor Jack.

And I have to admit, with Timeless, I started shipping Lucy with Flynn, especially towards the end. There was something compelling there. The story line seemed to knit them together more naturally than what we saw with her and Wyatt.

Now how to banish that thought from my mind? That gave me shudders too. My head is still shaking. No no no no noooooooooooooo.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

That's terrible! I guess the odds are against it, but I hope it turns up.
                          The odds of that are very unlikely, but I have decided to put down a complaint with the police anyway.
                          Perhaps it might help, but probably won't.

My neighbor suspects that, since it's not in sight of the street, that it was stolen with intent, in order to sell it again. It's a pretty decent trekking bike with plenty gears and the newest model breaks -- like what tour de france cyclists use these days, disk breaks (kinda like the breaks of a car). The bike wasn't visible from the street so someone must have known about it or might have seen it out two weeks ago when we were cleaning the garage and the drive way. I don't know.

Comment

Tickets went on sale for Gateway, the Creation Entertainment Stargate Con in Chicago next year. Just gold passes and photo/autographs now.

The odds of that are very unlikely, but I have decided to put down a complaint with the police anyway.

My neighbor suspects that, since it's not in sight of the street, that it was stolen with intent, in order to sell it again. It's a pretty decent trekking bike with plenty gears and the newest model breaks -- like what tour de france cyclists use these days, disk breaks (kinda like the breaks of a car). The bike wasn't visible from the street so someone must have known about it or might have seen it out two weeks ago when we were cleaning the garage and the drive way. I don't know.
                            At my last house, someone once stole a hammock off my back deck. Nowhere near on par with a nice bike, but it creeped me out. Someone had been on my deck. When I was sleeping. It's not just loss of property, you lose a little peace of mind.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

At my last house, someone once stole a hammock off my back deck. Nowhere near on par with a nice bike, but it creeped me out. Someone had been on my deck. When I was sleeping. It's not just loss of property, you lose a little peace of mind.
                              Exactly that. The bike can be replaced but you know they just came up down the entrance and got themselves a nice bike. Our cars are parked in the garage and if the first gate is not an issue, what's to say the second one is.

Comment

I seem to recall they did that (kinda) with Mulder and Scully on X-Files, too. I never really got into that show, but I would've been pissed too if I'd been a fan.
                                Yes, they did. Then they pulled the "oh they slept together off screen" BS like they did with Bones. Grrrrr!!!

I rooted for Sam/Jack, and the dragging it out backfired for me. There was a part of me a little ticked off whenever Sam dated someone. Jack was always there, all moon eyed, yet supportive. Actually, it still kind of ticks me off a little. Poor Jack.

And I have to admit, with Timeless, I started shipping Lucy with Flynn, especially towards the end. There was something compelling there. The story line seemed to knit them together more naturally than what we saw with her and Wyatt.
                                Yeah, season 2 definitely brought out the Lucy/Flynn connection. I was multi-shipping both couples until I watched season 2. Wyatt's jealousy really annoyed me and I loved Wyatt at the beginning.

Sounds like a really nice bike. People suck.

Tickets went on sale for Gateway, the Creation Entertainment Stargate Con in Chicago next year. Just gold passes and photo/autographs now.

We got gold passes when we went to the Creation one. It was worth it.

And yeah, that's super creepy that someone stole off your back deck. I agree about the peace of mind thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X