Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Ugh, I'm hating everything Comcast right now...I swear, if they manage to derail Disney's bid to buy Fox Studios, I am gonna be PISSED. I want Doctor Doom back with Marvel Studios, darnit.
    Oh I heard about that deal. Yeah, doesn't look good for Disney to buy it from the little I read.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Oh I heard about that deal. Yeah, doesn't look good for Disney to buy it from the little I read.
      Yeah. Grrr. Of course, I've also read suggestions that Disney may have held back on their true best offer in anticipation of Comcast pulling just this sort of shenanigans, and that possibly this could end with Disney and Comcast splitting Fox's assets...Comcast reportedly REALLY wants Fox's share of the Sky network in Europe, while Disney REALLY wants Fox's film/TV library for jumpstarting their own streaming service. So I guess we'll have to see.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, if Disney hasn't offered their highest bid yet, then they better start looking at the numbers cause Comcast offer 65 billion dollars for Fox.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ok it says I'm a "winger". What the hell is that?

Yes I'm a typical American who only knows American sports.

Comment

It means you play either left or right side of the field in soccer.

From the Complete Guide to Soccer Terms, from the Metro-Miami Soccer Club (Americans play soccer too -- though America didn't place for the World Cup in Russia):

Wingers – The outside forwards and midfielders (often the fastest players and best dribblers) who play on the sides of the field. Their primary task is to provide them with accurate crossing passes so they can shoot at the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              It means you play either left or right side of the field in soccer.

From the Complete Guide to Soccer Terms, from the Metro-Miami Soccer Club (Americans play soccer too -- though America didn't place for the World Cup in Russia):

Wingers – The outside forwards and midfielders (often the fastest players and best dribblers) who play on the sides of the field. Their primary task is to provide them with accurate crossing passes so they can shoot at the goal.
              Thank you!!

Comment

Thank you!!
                You're welcome.

Also, you're coaching the national team -- so why didn't the US make it to Russia? You do know, coaches usually are the first to get kicked out when the players don't perform.

Spain literally fired their coach yesterday or the day before, I think, and they are playing in Russia.

Comment

You're welcome.

Also, you're coaching the national team -- so why didn't the US make it to Russia? You do know, coaches usually are the first to get kicked out when the players don't perform.

Spain literally fired their coach yesterday or the day before, I think, and they are playing in Russia.
                  OMG they fired their coach YESTERDAY? That's wild!!

In American football, you can have a completely losing season and still not get fired.

Comment

OMG they fired their coach YESTERDAY? That's wild!!
                    Yup.

I don't get it though, why it's seemingly always the coach who is at fault but never the "poor" players.

Comment

Yup.

I don't get it though, why it's seemingly always the coach who is at fault but never the "poor" players.
                      Maybe the coaches are just easy targets?

I'm watching The Return on Hulu. Good episode. Before the dark times. Before the Empire. *giggles* (I might be a little punch drunk from repeated bouts of insomnia - damn back pain)

Comment

I'm basically posting just to find out what I am. I guess everybody except me is all atwitter about us getting the World Cup in 2026. I'll be too old to even care by then.

Agree on the coach thing. Just like I never understand why teachers get judged on their students' test scores. If you present the material, isn't it their job to actually learn the material.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          I'm basically posting just to find out what I am. I guess everybody except me is all atwitter about us getting the World Cup in 2026. I'll be too old to even care by then.
                          Yes, mostly about how akward that could get if Trump goes and wins 2020... ...awkward.

Agree on the coach thing. Just like I never understand why teachers get judged on their students' test scores. If you present the material, isn't it their job to actually learn the material.
                          See -- I don't get that either.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Well, if Disney hasn't offered their highest bid yet, then they better start looking at the numbers cause Comcast offer 65 billion dollars for Fox.
                            Yeah, the thing is, Comcast's offer is all cash. Disney was offering stock, and presumably an updated bid would be a stock and cash offer. Basically a "have your cake and eat it too" scenario, the immediate cash infusion plus the future payouts from stock. It's a smarter offer, but if the Fox shareholders are more greedy than they are smart, well...

*waves* Same here!

I guess the thinking is that it's about whether the teachers present the material in a way that the students can actually learn, as opposed to phoning it in? At least that's my take on it. *shrugs*
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yes, mostly about how akward that could get if Trump goes and wins 2020... ...awkward.
                              I don't see the connection. It shouldn't matter who is President. Plus, whoever wins in 2020 won't be in office in 2026.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I guess the thinking is that it's about whether the teachers present the material in a way that the students can actually learn, as opposed to phoning it in? At least that's my take on it. *shrugs*
                              That I understand. I've seen a few bad teachers in my time and it's very hard to get rid of them.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Wooooh! That was an awesome game between Portugal and Spain. It ended 3-3, so I find myself imagining Probie going on an emotional roller coaster ride.

Also, how can I be a defensive midfielder AND the playermaker of the national team?
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X