Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Yeah, and I'm already behind on my homework. That's today's goal, once I stop procrastinating by being on here.
    I've got my masters in it.

I finished my homework. Thankfully it was pretty brief. My brain just doesn't seem to want to wake up to the whole school thing. I used to be really good at memorization but I can't seem to remember certain things no matter how many times I see them. The downfalls of getting old.

Stay in school, kids!
    One of my standing reoccurring dreams is that I wake up on the day of finals and realize I'd forgotten to go to class- for the entire semester. A hangover from all that procrastinating I think.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Sucks, doesn't it? I've been reviewing my index cards and there are 3 terms I can't memorize no matter what. Only thing I can think of to do is to try writing them over and over, hoping that will sink them into my brain. Or just hope they're not on the midterm.
      Nuts. And they're probably really odd technical terms that don't lend themselves well to a mnemonic, I'll bet. Always annoying when that happens.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      One of my standing reoccurring dreams is that I wake up on the day of finals and realize I'd forgotten to go to class- for the entire semester. A hangover from all that procrastinating I think.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wish me luck on my mid-term that's today at 4pm, please!

I've had that dream too. I think that's one of those that sticks with you.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Nuts. And they're probably really odd technical terms that don't lend themselves well to a mnemonic, I'll bet. Always annoying when that happens.
        Exactly. I've got one of the 3 down since the term includes the letter g - g for gulp - gulp for swallowing.

Comment

I've got my masters in it.

I finished my homework. Thankfully it was pretty brief. My brain just doesn't seem to want to wake up to the whole school thing. I used to be really good at memorization but I can't seem to remember certain things no matter how many times I see them. The downfalls of getting old.

Stay in school, kids!
          The next thing that happens is that you forget how to spell. Also, Mr. SR says he is forgetting his multiplication tables.

I actually already have a bachelor's degree, but I'm trying to change careers so I need more schooling.

That stinks that it took you so long to get diagnosed. My nephew has ADD and he has a hard time with school.

Sucks, doesn't it? I've been reviewing my index cards and there are 3 terms I can't memorize no matter what. Only thing I can think of to do is to try writing them over and over, hoping that will sink them into my brain. Or just hope they're not on the midterm.
          Try assigning one item to each finger. Then you can name them off at test time. It provides tactile stimulation supposedly.

I have a recurring dream that I am teaching and it's the last day of school but I never taught science or history or math. It varies.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by photoglyph View Post
            The Expanse looks very good from snippets I've seen.
            Yeah, I had been meaning to mention that the twitter campaign worked and Amazon saved the Expanse.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Wish me luck on my mid-term that's today at 4pm, please!
              Good luck! You'll do great!

Exactly. I've got one of the 3 down since the term includes the letter g - g for gulp - gulp for swallowing.
              Whoa...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              The next thing that happens is that you forget how to spell. Also, Mr. SR says he is forgetting his multiplication tables.
              Well, that hasn't happened to me...yet.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              Yeah, I had been meaning to mention that the twitter campaign worked and Amazon saved the Expanse.
              Hey, way to go Amazon! Of course, I expect they'll probably make it a Prime exclusive, at least initially. Gotta recoup their investment and all.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

I got a 98 on my mid-term!!!!

hampster-dance.gif

Those 3 terms I couldn't remember weren't on the test after all. Phew!

Of course, I remember them NOW.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42644[/ATTACH]

YAAAAYYYYY!!!! Congratulations on the exam!

Hmm, wonder if we should take bets if those terms will be on the final...

Comment

Congrats!
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Congrats. We knew you could do it.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          Happy to see that. Now, I've got to get watching.

Congrats! Hopefully that means you get the weekend to relax and catch your breath. TGIF.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Ugh, my team lead has no clue that it's impossible to set deadlines to template fixes because they simply never have to be done by any given date, except when the managers responsible for them make a deliberate mention for it.

Ugh... I hate her micromanaging so much. Just leave me the heck alone and let me do my job -- as long as I like, dammit.

I mean, I only get paid for 7,5 hours a day, but considering I sometimes don't find me stride until late in the day, I want to make as much use of it as possible. And also, less traffic when I drive home (all y'all are home in 20 minutes but I have to drive an hour each day so bugger off).
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yikes! FH, your team lead sounds like a tyrant! Sorry you've got to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                YAAAAYYYYY!!!! Congratulations on the exam!

Hmm, wonder if we should take bets if those terms will be on the final...
                                Thanks, and yeah I bet they will be!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Congrats!
                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Congrats. We knew you could do it.
                                Thank you!!!

Congrats! Hopefully that means you get the weekend to relax and catch your breath. TGIF.
                                Thanks, and yes. There will be NO studying this weekend.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Ugh, my team lead has no clue that it's impossible to set deadlines to template fixes because they simply never have to be done by any given date, except when the managers responsible for them make a deliberate mention for it.

Ugh... I hate her micromanaging so much. Just leave me the heck alone and let me do my job -- as long as I like, dammit.

I mean, I only get paid for 7,5 hours a day, but considering I sometimes don't find me stride until late in the day, I want to make as much use of it as possible. And also, less traffic when I drive home (all y'all are home in 20 minutes but I have to drive an hour each day so bugger off).
                                Sounds terrible! I'm sorry! I've had micro-managers before and they are no fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X