Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yay, congratulations! Me, I'll probably just watch for the commercials...
    Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Me too! And the food! Always the food.
    Those are always good too! I'm going to a Superbowl party at a family member's house. Lots of food but also lots of people and it might be too people-y for me.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Congrats. Mr. SR's family are all Eagles fans but we've never gotten into Pro football.
    Thanks! The Eagles are a very good team. The pessimist in me doesn't think we're going to win. But then I thought we were going to lose the last game too.

And around here in Yankee-land college bowl is pretty much ignored.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    This winter weather is wearing on me. I need sun. On the plus side, in the past week and a half, I've finished five books in my mountainous to be read pile. Now I have to add lack of sleep to my lack of vitamin D and things just getting ugly. Zombie mode. There is not enough coffee- or days in the weekend.
    I hear you about winter! I've been dreaming about going to Bermuda again (it would be my 4th time there... I love it there).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Those are always good too! I'm going to a Superbowl party at a family member's house. Lots of food but also lots of people and it might be too people-y for me.
      Yeah, I know that feeling. But hey, food!

I hear you about winter! I've been dreaming about going to Bermuda again (it would be my 4th time there... I love it there).
      I find myself longing for the 90-degree temperatures and dry Santa Ana winds in Southern California. Am I nuts, or what?
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's snowing a little.

*grin*
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, hopefully it's happier for all of you...our washing machine went out yesterday afternoon. Argh, now we've got to deal with that.

In better news, how 'bout that Infinity War mini trailer?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It seems my pessimism was deserved. We lost but it was a very good game. Congrats to the Eagles!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Yeah, I know that feeling. But hey, food!
            It WAS way too people-y for my taste. And one family member is freaking insane with competitiveness. She almost blew my ear out with yelling. I left at halftime.

I find myself longing for the 90-degree temperatures and dry Santa Ana winds in Southern California. Am I nuts, or what?
            Not nuts at all. I generally prefer winter to summer, but even I am sick of this winter. I wouldn't mind another trip to San Diego right now. I loved it there. So much beautiful coastline.

Comment

Well, hopefully it's happier for all of you...our washing machine went out yesterday afternoon. Argh, now we've got to deal with that.

Oh no! And the unplugging and plugging back in didn't work? I hope it doesn't cost too much to fix.

And that trailer looks awesome! I'm still worried about how they're going to handle my boy Loki.

Comment

Still no snow here. This winter has been very dry. Going to see Justice League tomorrow.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Yeah that trailer was great as well. Maybe especially because it still managed to be so different from the first one too.

I've been spending a lot of time trying to guess which parts may appear at which point in the movie. I'm guessing the New York fight with Dr. Strange, Iron Man and Spiderman is early and the Wakanda fight with everyone is the action climax? And my guess is the thing with Thanos, Spiderman and Iron Man would be between that.

It is important to keep in mind that trailers can be very misleading. Even in recent months, I've noticed Thor: Ragnarok, Justice League and Star Wars: The Last Jedi all have had intentionally deceptive trailers.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Not nuts at all. I generally prefer winter to summer, but even I am sick of this winter. I wouldn't mind another trip to San Diego right now. I loved it there. So much beautiful coastline.

Oh no! And the unplugging and plugging back in didn't work? I hope it doesn't cost too much to fix.
                    Unplugging and plugging in was the first thing we tried. Then we just left it alone for a couple of hours in case it was a motor overheat due to an unbalanced load. No joy there either. Repair guy is coming today. *crosses fingers*

And that trailer looks awesome! I'm still worried about how they're going to handle my boy Loki.
                    Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    Yeah that trailer was great as well. Maybe especially because it still managed to be so different from the first one too.

I've been spending a lot of time trying to guess which parts may appear at which point in the movie. I'm guessing the New York fight with Dr. Strange, Iron Man and Spiderman is early and the Wakanda fight with everyone is the action climax? And my guess is the thing with Thanos, Spiderman and Iron Man would be between that.

It is important to keep in mind that trailers can be very misleading. Even in recent months, I've noticed Thor: Ragnarok, Justice League and Star Wars: The Last Jedi all have had intentionally deceptive trailers.
                    LOL of course it's intentional! They've wised up to us trying to figure out where/when in the movie stuff happens. Just remember, there are Infinity Stones controlling Time and Reality in play. So we could end up with anything going anywhere. It's gonna be crazy and I can't wait!

Comment

Of course, the REAL most important question is this:

Spoiler:
                      Now that we know they have scenes together, ARE Dr. Strange and Iron Man going to both see an episode of Elementary in the background and complain that Sherlock Holmes is miscast?
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Good news on the washer front: it's a burned out circuit board. Replacement part is on order, hopefully we'll have it fixed by this time next week. In the meantime, off to the laundromat for us!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Of course, the REAL most important question is this:

Spoiler:
                        Now that we know they have scenes together, ARE Dr. Strange and Iron Man going to both see an episode of Elementary in the background and complain that Sherlock Holmes is miscast?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

I finally got a tiny bit of snow... and I'm all about it.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I finally got a tiny bit of snow... and I'm all about it.
                                Yay for snow!

Comment

Working...
                                X