No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain... and oh... more rain... and earlier today lightning across the sky and more dark clouds with more rain.

Harvey, is that you?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain... and oh... more rain... and earlier today lightning across the sky and more dark clouds with more rain.

Harvey, is that you?
      Harvey is history. We're now looking sideways at Irma. But the US was overdue for a big one.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Harvey, is that you?
          Is it bad that I've found a new appreciation for the rain since I started working at home? I kind of like the rainy, foggy days, I think they match my personality better.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
          Four day football weekend! I don't know why the Thursday night games still catch me by surprise, but it's been a nice way to kick off the season with this kind of immersion. My team doesn't play until Monday, but there is still nothing but orange everywhere I look.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I like rain too, just not when I need to be on the road cause Belgians are morons when it rains and snows.

Comment

I like rain too, just not when I need to be on the road cause Belgians are morons when it rains and snows.
              It's not just Belgians, trust me.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Somehow, that's a comforting thought.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

This week's College Football Roundup comes tomorrow, as we're still waiting for a couple of games. Speaking of which...

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  Four day football weekend! I don't know why the Thursday night games still catch me by surprise, but it's been a nice way to kick off the season with this kind of immersion. My team doesn't play until Monday, but there is still nothing but orange everywhere I look.
                  Which one is your team (so I know who to add to the cheer list)?

Hmm, sounds like Southern California! Or Pacific Northwest drivers when it's sunny.

Somehow, that's a comforting thought.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Same thing here, lol, maybe that's why I like rain now that I work at home and am not driving in it as much.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

This week's College Football Roundup comes tomorrow, as we're still waiting for a couple of games. Speaking of which...

Which one is your team (so I know who to add to the cheer list)?
                    Tennessee. And I know there are other southerners around, so before anyone starts, I promise...I will never post/sing Rocky Top here. I think it's going to be a tough year, but UT fans have been in the trenches for years, so we'll deal.
                    sigpic

Comment

Not football related, but soccer -- BELGIUM IS GOING TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT YEAR AND THE NETHERLANDS AREN'T!!

* So, to clarify... we have a healthy rivalry with our northern neighbors when it comes to soccer. Though the Dutch have been playing abismal since before the European Championship. Heck, their ladies are doing far better than their men.

Comment

Same thing here, lol, maybe that's why I like rain now that I work at home and am not driving in it as much.

Tennessee. And I know there are other southerners around, so before anyone starts, I promise...I will never post/sing Rocky Top here. I think it's going to be a tough year, but UT fans have been in the trenches for years, so we'll deal.
                        Love UT and I'll sing Rocky Top with you. We're going on vacay to TN in a few weeks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Now to this week's College Football Roundup: Tennessee (Go Volunteers!) plays Georgia Tech tonight, and last night Virginia Tech beat up on West Virginia 31-24. On Saturday, USC had a scare but pulled ahead to beat Western Michigan 49-31, and it's been a great weekend in Atlantis as Air Force shut out VMI 62-0, and Navy beat Florida Atlantic 42-19.

Comment

Still can't make heads or tails on this football, but I think I'll cheer for Air Force this season.

So, who would that team be? Do they have a logo of sorts? A battle cry perhaps?

Comment

Not football related, but soccer -- BELGIUM IS GOING TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT YEAR AND THE NETHERLANDS AREN'T!!
                              Go Belgium! I don't follow it, but it's always on TV when I go out, so now I'll have someone to root for.

Love UT and I'll sing Rocky Top with you. We're going on vacay to TN in a few weeks.
                              Love it, that's great! It's odd, I talk to people all over the country for work and the first thing they say once they learn I'm from TN isn't hey, cool mountains, country music, food, beer, Predators,etc. It's almost always- please don't sing Rocky Top. They wouldn't have been happy humans last night. Oh. Em. Gee. Double OT! What a way to kick off the season.
                              sigpic

Comment

Still can't make heads or tails on this football, but I think I'll cheer for Air Force this season.

So, who would that team be? Do they have a logo of sorts? A battle cry perhaps?
                                That's the team at the US Air Force Academy. Go here and get all the info plus videos and more. And, oddly enough, the team mascot is a falcon.

Go Belgium! I don't follow it, but it's always on TV when I go out, so now I'll have someone to root for.

Love it, that's great! It's odd, I talk to people all over the country for work and the first thing they say once they learn I'm from TN isn't hey, cool mountains, country music, food, beer, Predators,etc. It's almost always- please don't sing Rocky Top. They wouldn't have been happy humans last night. Oh. Em. Gee. Double OT! What a way to kick off the season.
                                Years ago we were in TN the weekend of a game between UT and Alabama. Out at a popular BBQ restaurant we enjoyed the singing of Rocky Top coming from one area followed by "Roll Tide!!!!" coming from another area.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X