No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Saw it coming from a mile away -- that one thing.

But the end shot with the eye was really cool.
    Ohhhhh yeah, that one thing was totally obvious. And yeah, that shot was awesome.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Same thing here, I was cracking me up until I got in the way of a deer bolting across my yard. I should have known, I normally see that deer every night...just before sunset.

That was a great frame.

Watching GOT has me channeling my inner Daenerys, all I need is a dragon of my own. A man called me baby this morning during a meeting. Hardly ever happens and had it had been from an otherwise decent human, I would have brushed it off. I live in the south, everyone is a dear, sugar, and honey; you get used to it. But baby from his mouth? *Shudders*. Smoke vented out my ears and out of my mouth..."Dracarys." He blinked in confusion while the woman next to me turned red trying not to laugh.
    Baffling the idiots is always good revenge.

I have a bunch of shoulder dragons (handmade by Trollart, a lady from Germany) on the dashboard of my car -- you may always borrow one.

There's a ... err... how many do I have... *counts names*... there we go, 14 dragons (and number 15 will join the club on the 24th of September when we're visiting Elf Fantasy Fair in Arcen, The Netherlands):

Florian = white
    Tristan = brown
    Pendragon = black
    Eire = green
    Albion = purple
    Fiesta = magenta
    Saphira = blue
    C-3PO = golden yellow
    Falkoer = grey
    Temeraire = black with fluff
    Blue = small and blue
    Elsa = lightblue
    Lucifer = mix of orange, yellow and red
    Fluffy = fluffy and purple

And the dragon isn't named until I've seen it.
    Squeeeeeee, they're so cute!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I have a bunch of shoulder dragons (handmade by Trollart, a lady from Germany) on the dashboard of my car -- you may always borrow one.

There's a ... err... how many do I have... *counts names*... there we go, 14 dragons (and number 15 will join the club on the 24th of September when we're visiting Elf Fantasy Fair in Arcen, The Netherlands):
      Booked marked that page, I'll save that damage to my wallet for another day...but's coming. I love those. And their names. The Netherlands is another place on the bucket list, what a fun reason to go!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Baffling the idiots is always good revenge.
      Especially when I get to pack up my bag to head home because it's not my office. It's tough to fly in and out on the same day, but I got to put a couple states between me and el creepo before the day ended. Thank goodness my job is 90% remote. It's hard to play nicely with other humans at times. I need one of FH's dragons for my shoulder, I think they'll be much better company.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

The Netherlands is another place on the bucket list, what a fun reason to go!
        It's an anual event and this year will be the first time a few of my colleagues are coming along.

It's only about an hour's drive, maybe a hour and a half from where I'm calling home so.
        And last year we took a wrong turn and even ended up in Germany when we were trying to drive home. The fair takes place near the German border so it's a 5 minute drive from there to cross that border.

I was saying in the car, "Damn, I don't think we took the right turn. Before you know it we're driving straight into..." *passing board welcoming us into Germany* "...Germany. -- Nevermind!"

This year, we are going to try not to do that again...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Especially when I get to pack up my bag to head home because it's not my office. It's tough to fly in and out on the same day, but I got to put a couple states between me and el creepo before the day ended. Thank goodness my job is 90% remote. It's hard to play nicely with other humans at times. I need one of FH's dragons for my shoulder, I think they'll be much better company.
          If it wasn't for the fact that it wouldn't be professional, I'd suggest walking into the meeting with one of those dragons on your shoulder.

It's an anual event and this year will be the first time a few of my colleagues are coming along.

It's only about an hour's drive, maybe a hour and a half from where I'm calling home so.
          And last year we took a wrong turn and even ended up in Germany when we were trying to drive home. The fair takes place near the German border so it's a 5 minute drive from there to cross that border.

I was saying in the car, "Damn, I don't think we took the right turn. Before you know it we're driving straight into..." *passing board welcoming us into Germany* "...Germany. -- Nevermind!"

This year, we are going to try not to do that again...
          LOL! Now that's a heck of a road trip story!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

If it wasn't for the fact that it wouldn't be professional, I'd suggest walking into the meeting with one of those dragons on your shoulder.
            If by chance you are wondering whether that has been done before -- look no further. I've done it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

If by chance you are wondering whether that has been done before -- look no further. I've done it.
              This does not surprise me.

Comment

I decided to write the story about an eclipse and 18k words later I looked up and realized the candy bowl was empty. And the story only had a little to do with the eclipse. Double face palm. There are other problems too, but we won't get into that yet.

I've been taking some workshops and trying to work on my non-fanfic writing, so this was my detour into Germany. I got to circle back and avoid sugar to see if I can stay the course.

I'll never survive Halloween.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Most of my meetings are online, so I have a Skylander dragon sitting on my desk to inspire me during my next WebEx he attends. Next time I visit there, I might bring it with.

My happy thought for today, that cracked me up, as did the Germany story.

That is totally something I would do. I once got stupidly lost due to a detour and a crappy sense of direction. There was no cell service or GPS available in the area. After miles of seeing no cars, I came across an old rusted sign that said volcano. Thank you, Oregon, for that heart attack. Maybe next time just post a sign for Mt. Hood?

I'm thinking I'll bypass the car rental when I'm abroad.
                Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 25 August 2017, 11:14 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I decided to write the story about an eclipse and 18k words later I looked up and realized the candy bowl was empty. And the story only had a little to do with the eclipse. Double face palm. There are other problems too, but we won't get into that yet.

I've been taking some workshops and trying to work on my non-fanfic writing, so this was my detour into Germany. I got to circle back and avoid sugar to see if I can stay the course.

I'll never survive Halloween.
                  Ahhhh, candy-induced fic. Good times.

Most of my meetings are online, so I have a Skylander dragon sitting on my desk to inspire me during my next WebEx he attends. Next time I visit there, I might bring it with.
                  Heheheh. Dracarys, indeed!

That is totally something I would do. I once got stupidly lost due to a detour and a crappy sense of direction. There was no cell service or GPS available in the area. After miles of seeing no cars, I came across an old rusted sign that said volcano. Thank you, Oregon, for that heart attack. Maybe next time just post a sign for Mt. Hood?

I'm thinking I'll bypass the car rental when I'm abroad.
                  OMFG. *dies laughing* Northwest Gothic, at its finest!

Comment

Missed the eclipse since it was overcast. Also, I started my new job that day.

Very much looking forward to Autumn, and better weather.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                      Missed the eclipse since it was overcast. Also, I started my new job that day.

Very much looking forward to Autumn, and better weather.
                      Yay new job! Hope it's going well for you. And oh yes, autumn and cooler weather can't come soon enough.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!
                          Happy Monday. Here we've all been looking forward to Autumn and last night I discover Winter has arrived. This morning, in my post GOT (oh my god we have to wait how long for the next season) let down, my mind has been busy deciding which Atlantis characters would be friends with which GOT characters. In my mind, there are all friends with Brienne and Tormund, because who wouldn't want to have a glass of ale with those two? Ronon and the Hound would grunt at each other a lot. Tyrion and Rodney would try to out talk each other. Teyla and Arya would share fighting pointers. John would be off trying to figure out how to make the dragon fly and Elizabeth would be busy negotiating his terms of release from Dany when he returned from the flight. Actually, scratch that. He'd probably just charm Dany into letting him take a dragon for a joy ride in the first place, so that would leave Elizabeth commiserating over the burden of leadership with Sansa. Anyway...that's my Monday morning madness.

I'm putting the caffeine away now.
                          sigpic

Comment

So, back from being off the internet-grid for the weekend... and I see the internet is still in one piece (more or less).

Must admit, kinda liked not having wifi connection. It was refreshing. Gonna go unplugged more often.

This does not surprise me.
                            Neither does it my colleagues.

You're welcome.

Best sign!

Comment

Well, most Game of Thrones characters are pretty evil so I'm not sure the Atlantis team would get along with many of them at all.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                Well, most Game of Thrones characters are pretty evil so I'm not sure the Atlantis team would get along with many of them at all.
                                That ain't true... only a few are pure evil.

Sometimes bad things have to happen for the good things to able to come forth.

Note: I have not seen the last episode of season 7 so please no spoilers.

Comment

Working...
                                X