No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT IS A HAPPY, FLUFFY FRIDAY CAUSE MY VACATION STARTS IN ... err... *counts* ... IN 6 HOURS FROM NOW!!!

And then I'll have 2 weeks off from work (until the 16th of August) and between 4 and 11 of August will be spend in Wales (UK) -- perhaps I'll run into David Hewlett who's also in Wales at the moment.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      IT IS A HAPPY, FLUFFY FRIDAY CAUSE MY VACATION STARTS IN ... err... *counts* ... IN 6 HOURS FROM NOW!!!

And then I'll have 2 weeks off from work (until the 16th of August) and between 4 and 11 of August will be spend in Wales (UK) -- perhaps I'll run into David Hewlett who's also in Wales at the moment.
      Yay! Sounds exciting, hope you have a great time!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh man, I haven't thought about the endless Furling requests/gag thing in a long time.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Between travel and the forum being down, it's been an interesting read catching up. What's really cracking me up when I saw the news on Origins, I immediately thought it would pair best with drink. I started cracking up when I saw I wasn't the only one who thought liquor might be necessary.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Re: Origins

And the fan-shenanigans -- I haven't lost my anti's rule, anti's rock, everyone else can eat my sock-touch, and I'm not even anti about it either - I was just reminded of it -- are already out in full force. Feels like SGA vs SGU all over again.)

I feel it's time to bring back the Lemming -- and lots of sugar.

[image deleted because Photobucket napped my pictures and I don't intend to pay them so I can link]
            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 29 July 2017, 12:08 PM. Reason: Photobucket shenanigans caught up with me.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              Oh man, I haven't thought about the endless Furling requests/gag thing in a long time.
              You and me both!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
              Between travel and the forum being down, it's been an interesting read catching up. What's really cracking me up when I saw the news on Origins, I immediately thought it would pair best with drink. I started cracking up when I saw I wasn't the only one who thought liquor might be necessary.
              Great minds think alike! And just imagine how much hooch Zelenka is gonna be brewing up for this one...

Re: Origins

And the fan-shenanigans -- I haven't lost my anti's rule, anti's rock, everyone else can eat my sock-touch, and I'm not even anti about it either - I was just reminded of it -- are already out in full force. Feels like SGA vs SGU all over again.)

I feel it's time to bring back the Lemming -- and lots of sugar.

Or better yet...

Spoiler:
              Stinky socks RULE!

BTW, FH, your picture isn't showing up. Dunno if you knew, but Photobucket has stopped providing third-party hosting unless you pay for one of their super-duper accounts for $400. You'll need to find somewhere else to host your pics for the forum.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                BTW, FH, your picture isn't showing up. Dunno if you knew, but Photobucket has stopped providing third-party hosting unless you pay for one of their super-duper accounts for $400. You'll need to find somewhere else to host your pics for the forum.
                Oh darn, it worked yesterday.

They finally caught up with my account.
                Ah well, time to find other sources. Time to bid farewell to Photobucket. It's been a great few years.

Edit: Great I can't download my own album all at once, so now I'm stuck downloading image by image. Grrr!
                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 29 July 2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Oh darn, it worked yesterday.

They finally caught up with my account.
                  Ah well, time to find other sources. Time to bid farewell to Photobucket. It's been a great few years.

Edit: Great I can't download my own album all at once, so now I'm stuck downloading image by image. Grrr!
                  It's weird, Photobucket third-party hosting hadn't been working for me for a while even before they announced the changes, so I had blown them off already. But I did go back and close my account when the hammer came down.

Comment

It's weird, Photobucket third-party hosting hadn't been working for me for a while even before they announced the changes, so I had blown them off already. But I did go back and close my account when the hammer came down.
                    Probably a server-thing where they implemented their block going server by server. So instead of hitting every account at once, they prevented inner chaos and compartimentalized it. Like a tide coming --

In any case, I'm now going through my files and due to a bug (or whatever) I have to copy some images because saving them is impossible as Photobuck keeps frakking up the size. It's like they're trying to keep my account alive -- BUT IT WON'T WORK!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Probably a server-thing where they implemented their block going server by server. So instead of hitting every account at once, they prevented inner chaos and compartimentalized it. Like a tide coming --
                      They've been planning this thing for at least six months, then.

In any case, I'm now going through my files and due to a bug (or whatever) I have to copy some images because saving them is impossible as Photobuck keeps frakking up the size. It's like they're trying to keep my account alive -- BUT IT WON'T WORK!!
                      AHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the spirit! Give 'em hell!

Comment

They've been planning this thing for at least six months, then.
                        They have indeed. I looked it up and found that Photobucket got a new CEO who decided that the 75% free accounts were draining them dry. The income from the ads wasn't covering the expenses so instead they decided that hotlinking would only be allowed if the account paid 400 dollars a year to host the images -- which grants you 50Gb of space and the hotlinking feature. Pay less for any of the two other packages and all you can do is host your images, no hotlinking allowed.

So without notice they simply started locking accounts until the bail was paid (which didn't last long since that was outcry number 1). Millions of links are now broken because of this.

I will have to relink all the screencaps I posted in a few threads here.

Upside of this cleaning out the bucket, is that my muse has resurfaced.
                        That, or it's the war remembrance activities which happened the last two days to remember the 3rd Battle of Ypres, also known as the Battle of Passchendaele. I have this WWII fic lying around (wrong war in relation to the remembrance but still a war) which apparently my muse wanted to revisit. Gotta take what I can get. Don't know how long she'll be around for.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

They have indeed. I looked it up and found that Photobucket got a new CEO who decided that the 75% free accounts were draining them dry. The income from the ads wasn't covering the expenses so instead they decided that hotlinking would only be allowed if the account paid 400 dollars a year to host the images -- which grants you 50Gb of space and the hotlinking feature. Pay less for any of the two other packages and all you can do is host your images, no hotlinking allowed.

So without notice they simply started locking accounts until the bail was paid (which didn't last long since that was outcry number 1). Millions of links are now broken because of this.

I will have to relink all the screencaps I posted in a few threads here.
                          Given how many people are choosing to walk the plank and swim out to other hosting providers rather than pay the bail, something tells me this won't work out for Photobucket like their new CEO hopes it will...

Upside of this cleaning out the bucket, is that my muse has resurfaced.
                          That, or it's the war remembrance activities which happened the last two days to remember the 3rd Battle of Ypres, also known as the Battle of Passchendaele. I have this WWII fic lying around (wrong war in relation to the remembrance but still a war) which apparently my muse wanted to revisit. Gotta take what I can get. Don't know how long she'll be around for.
                          Well, that's one good outcome to the chaos at least! Hope your muse sticks around long enough to finish the fic!

Comment

Well, that's one good outcome to the chaos at least! Hope your muse sticks around long enough to finish the fic!
                            Oh, I don't know about that, but I guess I don't really have to worry about that because the ending is actually already written as a fic I did for a challenge for Stargateland on Livejournal a few years back.

This bit is actually the prequel of sorts.

Comment

I just did a minor SGA rewatch (and by that I mean selectively watch my favorite episodes in no particular order) and I now remember why I have so many issues with GitM and EatG (besides the obvious reasons ).

It's inspiring fic ideas. Whether those actually come to fruition is yet to be seen.

Oh, and SK:
                              Spoiler:
                              I finally saw Spider-Man last night! I loved it, as did all my friends, and OMG the Pepperony is back on the menu!!! I love Happy!

I loved Michael Keaton as the bad guy because he wasn't a super villain from outer space. He was a down to Earth guy who just got tired of being the little man and took matters into his own hands. Pretty sure this is my new favorite Marvel movie.

Comment

I was going through some of my old drabbles and one shots and just felt like posting this one:

Girl Talk

Spoiler:
                                “Are you sure about this?”

Elizabeth Weir picked up one of the bantos rods from the container on the floor of Atlantis’ gym, turning it over in her hand. “I don’t think that I go offworld enough to warrant a self-defense class.”

“Then do not consider it a self-defense class. Think of it as … exercise,” Teyla Emmagan replied, stretching on the mat five feet away. As she brought her arms down and bent her head towards her feet, she grunted. “Many of the military personnel have expressed their opinion that bantos training is more rigorous than their usual fitness routines.”

“Really,” Elizabeth replied, stretching her arm across her upper body. “I wonder what John thinks of that.”

“Considering the amount of times that I have beaten him at this? He most likely would agree.”

They shared a laugh, then picked up the remaining rods.

Elizabeth glanced at her feet on the mat. “So. How should we start this?”

“The key with using the bantos rods is to not only strike your opponent at a critical point, but to anticipate their move before they make it. So take a moment. Make one full revolution on the mat and try to figure out what I will do.”

Elizabeth nodded, albeit uncertainly, and began shuffling on the mat counter-clockwise. She kept her steps even, eyes on Teyla as she tried to imitate her. “Like this?” she asked, looking up to Teyla for confirmation.

Teyla tilted her head. “Yes, but do not be so analytical. You have to retrain your instincts. Your opponent will undoubtedly be anticipating what someone would do when they are startled: hesitate and flail uncoordinatedly. It makes it easier for you to be attacked when you are caught off-guard.”

Elizabeth nodded, pursing her lips. “Okay.”

The list of possible moves that Teyla could make seemed endless in Elizabeth’s mind. She could bring the rod to her legs, forcing her down on her knees. It could impact against her neck, stunning her. A seeming advance on Teyla’s part could force her hand and when she no longer had the bantos rod in front of her for protection, she could be struck anywhere.

She shook her head inwardly. How did they do this?

As they completed one turn, Teyla met Elizabeth’s eyes. “You made a list of all the possible ways I could assault you.”

Elizabeth’s eyes widened. “How did you--”

“Elizabeth, your job does not often allow you to rely on your instinct. More often than not, that usually falls to Colonel Sheppard.”

Elizabeth cocked her head, then slowly nodded.

“You have to evaluate the best course of action, depending on the circumstance. You need to do that here as well, but within a matter of seconds.”

“So what you’re saying,” Elizabeth reiterated, readjusting her grasp on the rods, “is that I need to get out of my head.”

Teyla smiled. “Exactly. Try again, but this time I will make the first move. Defend yourself.”

They weren’t halfway around the circle before Teyla brought one of her rods down and swung it diagonally, aiming for her thigh.

Elizabeth twisted her body, putting the right rod in front of her and blocking it. The wooden sticks collided, echoing in the gym.

“Good. We will try it again, but do not just block it. Make a move.”

Elizabeth nodded, breathing picking up slightly as they began the familiar path around the circle. But as she did, something that Teyla said was bouncing around inside her head.

It makes it easier for you to be attacked when you are caught off-guard.

That works both ways.

“So how’s Kanaan?”

Teyla’s eyes widened, and Elizabeth lashed out with her sticks. One hit Teyla in the shin, and the other impacted the rod in her left hand, sending it flying. It landed on the floor near the bench.

The Athosian paused, looking up in shock at the Expedition leader. “This is the first time that you have done bantos training with me. How…?”

Elizabeth smirked, an expression that she rarely showed. “First time with you.”

Teyla thought for a moment. “Ah,” she said as it finally registered. “Those training sessions with John?”

“Not for firearms,” Elizabeth affirmed, causing the other woman to laugh.

“I underestimated you, Elizabeth. But trust me, it will not happen again,” Teyla warned as she swung her remaining rod in Elizabeth’s direction.

Elizabeth raised her arms, crossing her rods in front of her. Quickly, she trapped Teyla’s single rod between hers and threw it off to the side of the room.

Teyla stared in disbelief as Elizabeth brought her rods against Teyla’s neck. “I win.”

“You have been training with John,” Teyla exclaimed, chuckling slightly as Elizabeth lowered her stance.

“What makes you say that?” she asked, dropping her rods in their basket as she accepted the water bottle from Teyla.

“I believe he views this as a game. He always tells me that Ronon beats him nearly every time that they spar. I try to remind him that when these skills are being used against an actual opponent, it is not win or lose. It is live or die.”

Elizabeth took a long swallow from her bottle, causing her to gasp slightly afterwards. “That’s why he treats it like a game. Sometimes life is too serious. And knowing John, he has to give it some humor to make it easier. It’s a game here so he’s ready for when he goes offworld.”

“Hmm. You seem to be very knowledgeable about his feelings on this subject,” Teyla slowly responded, a twinkle in her eye as she looked at Elizabeth.

She laughed. “As much as you are about Kanaan’s favorite foods.”

“Tejutal beans are not in season very often, Elizabeth. So I try and accumulate as much as possible when we visit trading worlds.”

Elizabeth raised her hands. “You don’t have to defend yourself to me, Teyla.”

“I am not defending myself, I am just … you meant that in jest, did you not?”

Elizabeth laughed, grabbing a towel off of the bench.

The doors suddenly slid open.

John Sheppard entered, clad in a black t-shirt and running pants. His eyes quickly glanced between Elizabeth and Teyla. “Ladies,” he greeted, sounding slightly unnerved once he saw the bantos rods.

“John,” Teyla replied in the same manner.

“You seem to be feeling better,” Elizabeth added.

John cleared his throat, which made him cough lightly. “Yeah, I think this cold is mostly gone. Was just passing through and thought I’d stop in and see if anybody wanted to go for a jog.”

“Unfortunately, I am heading to the mainland soon. Halling wished to speak to me about the preparations for the First Years ceremony soon to be held.” Teyla picked up her rods and placed them next to Elizabeth’s in the basket, then walked in front of her and nodded her head forward.

Elizabeth responded in kind.

“Thank you for the practice. It was … enlightening,” Teyla said, drawing back and smiling slyly at John before she walked out the door.

Once they shut behind her, John turned and stared at Elizabeth, confusion evident on his face. “Did I miss something?”

“No, not at all. Just some one-on-one girl time. It was a nice change.”

John nodded slowly, then stuffed his hands in his pockets. “So, you wanna practice some more?”

Elizabeth drew in a sharp breath. “I don’t know, John. I wouldn’t want to take advantage of you, given your weak condition.”

He scoffed. “You can take advantage of me anytime.”

Elizabeth’s eyebrow rose sharply as she turned to face him.

John looked up and, after his words sank in, gritted his teeth. “That didn’t come out right.”

“Uh-huh.”

Desperate to change the uncomfortable subject, John quickly asked, “So, what did you guys talk about?”

Elizabeth shrugged as she packed her towel and bottle back into her bag. “Work. Guys. Sparring.”

“Hmm. Wait, what about guys?”

Elizabeth looked up as she slung her bag over her shoulder. “Not much.”

He grinned. “You were talking about me, weren’t you?”

“I can’t keep a secret from you. Yes, we were.”

“I knew it!” he said in a low whisper as she headed for the doors. He trailed closely behind her. “So what’d ya say?”

“It wasn’t so much what I said.”

“What, Teyla?”

“Hmm.”

“Well, what did she say?”

Elizabeth turned to look at him as they stopped in front of a transporter. “I really shouldn’t say.”

“C’mon, Elizabeth, we’re friends. I can keep a secret.”

She shrugged. “It’s not really a secret.”

The doors opened and they stepped inside.

“Then you should be able to tell me.”

“All right, fine.”

John looked at her expectantly.

“That I’m a better sparring partner than you.”

John stared in disbelief. “No.”

“Yes.”

“How?”

“Simple.” Elizabeth turned to face the doors as they closed.

“I actually practice.”

fin

Comment

Working...
                                X