No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm LOL'ing so hard right now because it's subscription-based. You have to pay to watch it, and international fans are screwed cause it's region-locked for now.

Also, while Langford's story and the finding of the gate would entirely be in the realm of my interest. Stargate isn't stargate without a spinning ring (even though the Atlantis gate didn't really spin), aliens and other planets and adventures.

Origins would have been far more applicable if it had involved the first gate builders. Now, there's an Origin story I would have loved to have seen.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Also ambivalent. We'll check it out. Mr. SR will probably be more interested than I am because he lacks the bitterness emotion I feel toward how SGA ended.
      Heh, you and me both!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I'm LOL'ing so hard right now because it's subscription-based. You have to pay to watch it, and international fans are screwed cause it's region-locked for now.
      Yeah, I have doubts this is going to work out as well as they think it is. At least with the new Star Trek series, it's part of an entire library of CBS-owned media beyond the Trek franchise that's being put online, so they'll be able to draw on a broader audience.

Also, while Langford's story and the finding of the gate would entirely be in the realm of my interest. Stargate isn't stargate without a spinning ring (even though the Atlantis gate didn't really spin), aliens and other planets and adventures.

Origins would have been far more applicable if it had involved the first gate builders. Now, there's an Origin story I would have loved to have seen.
      An Ancients-based series where the Ancients weren't arrogant, stupid gits (like the ones who got themselves killed by the Replicators in The Return)? I could go for that.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Yes, yes you should see Spidey soon. My tumblr is splattered with spoilers of a certain nature.
        Oh yes, I know
        Spoiler:
        although I already had heard about Pepperony because the Tumblr-verse is easily searchable and I just wanted to know . The first thought in my mind after I saw that was "Oh, SK is gonna be so happy!"

But I'll get around to watching it soon.

Yep, it's going to be a streaming series as part of a new website for the entire franchise. More deets here: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/star...ow-1202501988/

I feel...ambivalent, I guess? Glad that they seem to have not abandoned the TV-verse after all, but at the same time, it's been a long time. This will be...interesting to watch.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Also ambivalent. We'll check it out. Mr. SR will probably be more interested than I am because he lacks the bitterness emotion I feel toward how SGA ended.
        Heh. I kinda like the idea just because it's something that hasn't really been touched on too much. SGU just screamed Stargate meets ST:VOY to me and I couldn't really get into it. So we'll see how this goes.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Yeah, I have doubts this is going to work out as well as they think it is. At least with the new Star Trek series, it's part of an entire library of CBS-owned media beyond the Trek franchise that's being put online, so they'll be able to draw on a broader audience.
        I'm still bitter because "Star Trek: Discovery" is the name of the series I started writing after Voyager ended. I knew I should've copyrighted it at age 14. *mutters angrily in Czech*

An Ancients-based series where the Ancients weren't arrogant, stupid gits (like the ones who got themselves killed by the Replicators in The Return)? I could go for that.
        Even if they did it Return-style Ancients, I'm sure we could find some entertaining running gag and make a drinking game out of it. Inferior race beats the Ancients much to their chagrin? Tequila shot. Inferior race ascends? Tequila shot. The Replicators screw up everything? Some of Radek's hooch.

Comment

It could be Ancients and their allies. Maybe we could finally meet the Furlings.
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Oh yes, I know
            Spoiler:
            although I already had heard about Pepperony because the Tumblr-verse is easily searchable and I just wanted to know . The first thought in my mind after I saw that was "Oh, SK is gonna be so happy!"

But I'll get around to watching it soon.
            Heehee! I had spoiled myself about it too, just because, well, REASONS. OMG I am still on cloud nine.

Even if they did it Return-style Ancients, I'm sure we could find some entertaining running gag and make a drinking game out of it. Inferior race beats the Ancients much to their chagrin? Tequila shot. Inferior race ascends? Tequila shot. The Replicators screw up everything? Some of Radek's hooch.
            OMFGLMAO!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
            It could be Ancients and their allies. Maybe we could finally meet the Furlings.
            Speaking of running gags...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

All you drinking alcohol wouldn't make it past the first 10 minute episode.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

All you drinking alcohol wouldn't make it past the first 10 minute episode.
                Very true.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Hey, looks like they got the forum fixed!

Hope you're all enjoying this Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Not cool it went down -- this is like my go-to place when I get bored at work (and I got bored a lot yesterday -- typical).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Not cool it went down -- this is like my go-to place when I get bored at work (and I got bored a lot yesterday -- typical).
                        Ruh oh! Hope today is better!

Comment

Today has been a good day. Of course, today I also have not been bored. Didn't get the time for it.

Comment

This summer is kinda boring. Keep forgetting when the cool events are. Hope to attend something fun this weekend. Not sure where yet.

How is ten minutes an episodes?
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

How is ten minutes an episodes?
                              It's called a webisode.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Today has been a good day. Of course, today I also have not been bored. Didn't get the time for it.
                                That's one way to do it.

This summer is kinda boring. Keep forgetting when the cool events are. Hope to attend something fun this weekend. Not sure where yet.
                                Boring is right. Watching paint dry would be more exciting, LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X