No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does this always happen to me -- two weeks ago I had a winter flu at the start of summer, and last night I made an offering to the porcelain goddess. Think I ate something my stomach didn't agree with.

Didn't sleep much so now I'm at home, working cause I'm not really sick, just feeling tired as hell thanks to maybe an hour or two of sleep.

Scared my cats too who then proceeded to join me in my misery by sitting at my side. I have to give them credit for that at least.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Personal stuff..
      Spoiler:
      My eldest brother finally passed away from his cancer that he had for 4 years. He lasted way longer than anyone predicted. In the end he wasn't in pain, and now he can rest in peace.
      So sorry for your loss but memories are sweet.

I'm mathgirl24 over there. I don't post as much anymore but I still do post Stargate stuff sometimes. And of course I'll be posting some minion stuff after I see Despicable Me 3 tomorrow.
      We saw DM3 yesterday. What a hoot, lots of Minions but still not enough. And
      Spoiler:
      some of us think we can sing "99 Bottles of Beer" in Minion now.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

So our big TV crapped out on us last night right in the middle of one of Mom's favorite movies. Looks like we'll be making an emergency trip to America to get a new one before Game of Thrones S7 starts.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
        Went to a July 4th event yesterday. Not really into country music, but the fireworks were good. (The shuttle lines were awful.)
        Glad you had fun and the fireworks were good! But ugh, shuttle/tram lines are always bad when you're trying to get out.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Why does this always happen to me -- two weeks ago I had a winter flu at the start of summer, and last night I made an offering to the porcelain goddess. Think I ate something my stomach didn't agree with.

Didn't sleep much so now I'm at home, working cause I'm not really sick, just feeling tired as hell thanks to maybe an hour or two of sleep.

Scared my cats too who then proceeded to join me in my misery by sitting at my side. I have to give them credit for that at least.
        Hope you're feeling better soon! And awww, your kitties are so sweet! *gives the kitties a good head scratch and sends virtual hugs*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Spoiler:
        LMAO! Hmm, "some of us" meaning Mr. SR, right?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Personal stuff..
          Spoiler:
          My eldest brother finally passed away from his cancer that he had for 4 years. He lasted way longer than anyone predicted. In the end he wasn't in pain, and now he can rest in peace.
          So sorry. Love and hugs.

Stargate fans are like: "Hold my beer!"

Lol. That is one of those lines that will inevitably pop into my mind later causing me to laugh randomly at inappropriate moments.

:

The fur babies always know when their humans are unwell. Hope you get caught up on sleep and feel better.

Spoiler:
          I'm so behind...I need to see it! I feel like the Minions on my desk are giving me the evil eye. And I still need to go watch Wonder Woman too. I almost got to catch a Wonder Woman/DM3 double feature at a drive in when I was wrapping up the road trip from hell, but the weather was still working against me and I still have a hard time going to a drive in without thinking about the movie Twister.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Going to see Spider-Man: Homecoming later today. Can't wait, I'm so excited! (mostly because I deliberately spoiled myself on one scene that's got me bouncing off the walls in glee)

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            Lol. That is one of those lines that will inevitably pop into my mind later causing me to laugh randomly at inappropriate moments.
            Yep. And it's a line that works for so many moments...

I'm so behind...I need to see it! I feel like the Minions on my desk are giving me the evil eye. And I still need to go watch Wonder Woman too. I almost got to catch a Wonder Woman/DM3 double feature at a drive in when I was wrapping up the road trip from hell, but the weather was still working against me and I still have a hard time going to a drive in without thinking about the movie Twister.
            Heck, I've never even been to a drive in.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, so much for seeing Homecoming today. Every space at the ferry park and ride lot was filled with tourists so I had to turn around and come home. And all of next week is booked up with other errands and things I need to do. *frustrated sigh*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Well, so much for seeing Homecoming today. Every space at the ferry park and ride lot was filled with tourists so I had to turn around and come home. And all of next week is booked up with other errands and things I need to do. *frustrated sigh*
                  That must be frustrating. I am dealing with tons of tourists today because I ventured downtown, but it's worth it for the Heroes & Villains fanfest. Taking a lunch break then heading back to watch the cosplay competition. There were lots of great costumes earlier, can't wait to see them all.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah yes, tourists. Let us count the ways they annoy us.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

That must be frustrating. I am dealing with tons of tourists today because I ventured downtown, but it's worth it for the Heroes & Villains fanfest. Taking a lunch break then heading back to watch the cosplay competition. There were lots of great costumes earlier, can't wait to see them all.
                      See, now fandom conventions are fun. Especially cosplayers, yay! Glad you're having fun checking all that out! And all that stuff is planned and announced months in advance so you know they're coming and you can plan around them if need be.

Ugh! *headdesk* It's like I said above, it's one thing if you know exactly when and where they'll be so you can plan around it, but if it's just a random ebb and flow like I ran into on Friday...ARGH. And when they wander out into the street without even looking to see if there's traffic coming. It's just like Disneyland, they leave their brains at the gate. Except I'm not at Disneyland, more's the pity.

Looks like I might have another window to go see the movie on Wednesday... *crosses fingers*

Comment

Going to see Spider-Man: Homecoming later today. Can't wait, I'm so excited! (mostly because I deliberately spoiled myself on one scene that's got me bouncing off the walls in glee)
                        Haha. You know, I saw the movie yesterday, and I actually did think of you near the end.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

See, now fandom conventions are fun. Especially cosplayers, yay! Glad you're having fun checking all that out! And all that stuff is planned and announced months in advance so you know they're coming and you can plan around them if need be.

Looks like I might have another window to go see the movie on Wednesday... *crosses fingers*
                          Yes and it's one thing to get bogged down by expected tourist traffic and another thing altogether to not be able to reach your destination because of unexpected volume of crazies.

Doesn't sound like anyone is having good luck with ferries this weekend. I just saw what happened on the Bainbridge Island ferry in the news.

Hope you make it to the movie, yet another I am behind on. That's three out now I need to see.
                          sigpic

Comment

So, you're in Nashville then?

I never quite got this thing two Brits once said to us about living in Bath, until I moved to Leuven, which is a city with a rich history (especially with the university being around for more than 500 years) and therefore lots of tourists and foreign students around. You know, when we walk through our city going to the store or to get from one point to another, there's a fairly good chance we're being captured on some media or another.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ugh! *headdesk* It's like I said above, it's one thing if you know exactly when and where they'll be so you can plan around it, but if it's just a random ebb and flow like I ran into on Friday...ARGH. And when they wander out into the street without even looking to see if there's traffic coming. It's just like Disneyland, they leave their brains at the gate. Except I'm not at Disneyland, more's the pity.

Good luck. I hope you make it.

We have tourists who walk 4 abreast down the sidewalk, usually not looking where they are going. And our faves are the ones who stand to the left on escalators and don't move. The signs clearly say "keep to the right" but who reads them. They also exit the metro and stop while deciding which way to go so nobody behind them can get out the door. i could go on all day.

So, you're in Nashville then?

I never quite got this thing two Brits once said to us about living in Bath, until I moved to Leuven, which is a city with a rich history (especially with the university being around for more than 500 years) and therefore lots of tourists and foreign students around. You know, when we walk through our city going to the store or to get from one point to another, there's a fairly good chance we're being captured on some media or another.
                              You can't go 10 feet in any city here without being caught on camera. I love those TV shows where they put all the cameras shots together and catch criminals.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been enjoying this Canon Monday! We had to make an emergency trip to the mainland today...to get a new TV because the old one crapped out on us last week. Gotta be ready for Game of Thrones, am I right?

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                Haha. You know, I saw the movie yesterday, and I actually did think of you near the end.

Doesn't sound like anyone is having good luck with ferries this weekend. I just saw what happened on the Bainbridge Island ferry in the news.
                                I so do not envy anyone on that route, or Bremerton. It's gonna get even worse once they start construction on the new terminal at Colman Dock. Gonna make Seattle gridlock even more hellish, and coming from a longtime veteran of LA traffic, that's saying something.

Hope you make it to the movie, yet another I am behind on. That's three out now I need to see.
                                Let me guess, Wonder Woman is one of them? I haven't seen it either, and with the way I'm striking out lately, it's probably a good thing I decided to wait until it hits cable.

I'm seriously considering getting a ride down to the ferry instead of driving myself on Wednesday...

Good luck. I hope you make it.

We have tourists who walk 4 abreast down the sidewalk, usually not looking where they are going. And our faves are the ones who stand to the left on escalators and don't move. The signs clearly say "keep to the right" but who reads them. They also exit the metro and stop while deciding which way to go so nobody behind them can get out the door. i could go on all day.

You can't go 10 feet in any city here without being caught on camera. I love those TV shows where they put all the cameras shots together and catch criminals.
                                Heh! We don't have the cameras everywhere up here yet, but down in SoCal? Totally nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X