No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine is up in Canada at the moment -- don't know where though -- but he posted pictures of wet surroundings and no sun whatsoever.

I should ask where he's at, or where he went two weeks from now at our prop-group's BBQ.

My sister and I are planning to visit Vancouver and surrounding areas next year. Don't much care for the weather though. It can rain, or the sun can shine. We don't mind either way.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      IT RAINED TODAY!!!

Not much, but enough to make the flora happy. I could almost hear them sucking the water out of the ground.

Also, still sick today and no free space for a doctor's appointment. So instead I have one tomorrow and all I can do then is tell the good doctor that I was sick the past few days. I didn't think I'd still feel crappy today so I didn't make an appointment for today (we can stay one day off work without a note) -- she's gonna be disappointed. Unless, I still feel crappy tomorrow but I doubt it. Been feeling better throughout the day.
      Yay! for the rain and even bigger YAY! that you're feeling better!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      It gotten cooler up here in Canada these last few days. Plus, the North American version "hot" is still relative.
      True fax, dat.

A friend of mine is up in Canada at the moment -- don't know where though -- but he posted pictures of wet surroundings and no sun whatsoever.

I should ask where he's at, or where he went two weeks from now at our prop-group's BBQ.

My sister and I are planning to visit Vancouver and surrounding areas next year. Don't much care for the weather though. It can rain, or the sun can shine. We don't mind either way.
      Bring a jacket. And sunglasses. The Pacific Northwest is funny that way.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Bring a jacket. And sunglasses. The Pacific Northwest is funny that way.
        Sounds like the advice you'd get when going to Scotland. Be prepared to see all seasons in one day.

Comment

That will be a great trip! I visited Vancouver and Victoria in October, there was fog and light rain at the Butchart Gardens and then I lucked out with sun and mild temps the rest of the trip. Beautiful area. They have a ferry on Vancouver Island that runs a Seattle day trip too. I actually took that ferry up from Seattle. It wasn't a whale watching trip, but we saw a bunch.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Looks like GW finally got the site back up; hope you've all been enjoying this Fluffy Thursday!

Sounds like the advice you'd get when going to Scotland. Be prepared to see all seasons in one day.
            Yep, that's pretty much it.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            That will be a great trip! I visited Vancouver and Victoria in October, there was fog and light rain at the Butchart Gardens and then I lucked out with sun and mild temps the rest of the trip. Beautiful area. They have a ferry on Vancouver Island that runs a Seattle day trip too. I actually took that ferry up from Seattle. It wasn't a whale watching trip, but we saw a bunch.
            One of these days we're going to have to get up to BC.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

They have a ferry on Vancouver Island that runs a Seattle day trip too. I actually took that ferry up from Seattle. It wasn't a whale watching trip, but we saw a bunch.
              If I didn't get queezy on boats, I would probably try that. But they make me go green in the face.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

If I didn't get queezy on boats, I would probably try that. But they make me go green in the face.
                Oh that sucks! Have you tried motion sickness meds?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Oh that sucks! Have you tried motion sickness meds?
                  I have. Also have to take them to fly and when I'm a passenger in a car (which rarely happens since I always drive anyway -- however, I did get motionsickness while I was the driver so... I got it bad).

When I'm kayakking I don't have a problem though. Must be that I'm focused on moving and staying up right. Cause I don't want to flip over, which is really hard when there's a big boat passing too close and the sea goes wild around your little kayak. Fun for the folks on the boat, watching us struggle, not so much fun for us.

Comment

I've had a lot of friends and family who have lived in Vancouver for a while. I've only ever been to BC for a few days for my cousin's wedding 9 years ago, but constantly jealous they get all the milder weather over there on Canada's West Coast.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

We were in Vancouver a number of years ago in Sept and the weather was great just for us. It had rained the day before we went to Butchart Gardens and the guide said pictures always come out better when it's not sunny. Such a beautiful place. Victoria is also a perfect little gem. We took the sea plane over to Victoria and the ferry back. The ferry was very crowded and not a lot of fun.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Here's a Sparky fic I read yesterday and really enjoyed.

moments of gold and flashes of light

Summary: She was alive and she was awake and she was completely human again. Her heart dropped into her stomach; and she was a very long way from home.

It takes place ten years after Lifeline.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by (x)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday! Oh, and speaking of Canada since that's been a topic of discussion, Happy Canada Day!

I have. Also have to take them to fly and when I'm a passenger in a car (which rarely happens since I always drive anyway -- however, I did get motionsickness while I was the driver so... I got it bad).

When I'm kayakking I don't have a problem though. Must be that I'm focused on moving and staying up right. Cause I don't want to flip over, which is really hard when there's a big boat passing too close and the sea goes wild around your little kayak. Fun for the folks on the boat, watching us struggle, not so much fun for us.
                          Naughty people on the big boat!

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post

Summary: She was alive and she was awake and she was completely human again. Her heart dropped into her stomach; and she was a very long way from home.

Oh, that was lovely! Can never get enough of good "Elizabeth comes home" fics. Thanks for the share!

Comment

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post

What a treat. That happened just like that. I know it did. *nods*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I just joined Tumblr -- it could all end in tears but will see.

Instagram should be joined as well, I think, to up my social media presence but I'm not much of a photo taker with my cellphone as I can't keep it steady enough. My motor-skills aren't up to snuff (which is a direct result of not enough dopamine in the brainchemistry balance).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                What a treat. That happened just like that. I know it did. *nods*
                                Yup yup.

I just joined Tumblr -- it could all end in tears but will see.
                                Welcome to the jungle, LOL! You can find me under scary-kitty, BTW. (ps: I do post spoilers for certain movies/TV, so you might want to not delve too deeply until you get XKit or Tumblr Savior to filter posts )

Instagram should be joined as well, I think, to up my social media presence but I'm not much of a photo taker with my cellphone as I can't keep it steady enough. My motor-skills aren't up to snuff (which is a direct result of not enough dopamine in the brainchemistry balance).
                                I haven't been keeping up with posting on Instagram, but I sure do like everyone else's pics, LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X