No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Obviously this is from someone whose anti-sparky on tumblr, but it still gets me every single time when ppl watch sga and assume the writers were trying to make John and Elizabeth happen, not John/Teyla. I'm just like, 'You see! we weren't just seeing things! Even people who didn't like it could see it!'
      sigpic
      Sig by (x)

Comment

It is way too hot here this week. Mostly high 90s, and 100 degrees later this week.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Oh shoot, I totally forgot about Zelenka's moonshine logo... *puts it on the to-do list when it's not so hot anymore*

Yeah, we're currently pretending to be a desert country, minus the oil... and err the desert.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have some spare desert. Would you like it? Ice cream became required yesterday.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post

Obviously this is from someone whose anti-sparky on tumblr, but it still gets me every single time when ppl watch sga and assume the writers were trying to make John and Elizabeth happen, not John/Teyla. I'm just like, 'You see! we weren't just seeing things! Even people who didn't like it could see it!'
              Yeah actually I noticed that same thing here on Gateworld too. I think there was a Weir hater thread that had complained about all the times she flirted with him.

Also, wow, reading that makes me realize that even though I've participated a little in some shipper wars (or otherwise gotten into online arguments about my favorite couples) for one or two of my more recent ships, but I don't remember ever getting into one with Sparky or SGA. I guess when I first joined this thread I was content not to seek out any further online discussions about the subject. Good thing too. It's exhausting.
              Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 19 June 2017, 04:48 PM.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I think Sparky vs Sheyla is the only shipper-war, or disagreement I've ever been actively involved in.

Every ship I currently seem to like or love (see signature) seems to not have too many "haters" so I'm not finding many opposing views (unless I learned to finally avoid such places -- which wouild be remarkable).

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                  I have some spare desert. Would you like it? Ice cream became required yesterday.
                  Lol, I don't need the dessert, though I always want it. What I really need is the secret to having spare, it always disappears too fast around here.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post

*snorts* Clearly that poster has never heard of the 'slow burn' concept.

But seriously, if even those who didn't like it could see it...what the heck were the producers thinking in not going for it? They needed a refresher course in Storytelling 101: Go where the chemistry leads!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    Yeah actually I noticed that same thing here on Gateworld too. I think there was a Weir hater thread that had complained about all the times she flirted with him.

Also, wow, reading that makes me realize that even though I've participated a little in some shipper wars (or otherwise gotten into online arguments about my favorite couples) for one or two of my more recent ships, but I don't remember ever getting into one with Sparky or SGA. I guess when I first joined this thread I was content not to seek out any further online discussions about the subject. Good thing too. It's exhausting.
                    That it is.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I think Sparky vs Sheyla is the only shipper-war, or disagreement I've ever been actively involved in.

Every ship I currently seem to like or love (see signature) seems to not have too many "haters" so I'm not finding many opposing views (unless I learned to finally avoid such places -- which wouild be remarkable).
                      ITA and never understood the hate. If it was so obvious that you hated it, then it must have been pretty obvious. Personally, I scoffed at Sheyla because it was such a stretch after the first few eps.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ah... where are them days... the spark was strong in all of us, defending that honor that did not need defending.

We're going strong still! The Sparky Force is still strong in this one.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Ah... where are them days... the spark was strong in all of us, defending that honor that did not need defending.

We're going strong still! The Sparky Force is still strong in this one.
                          The Sparky Force is strong with all of us!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                            Lol, I don't need the dessert, though I always want it. What I really need is the secret to having spare, it always disappears too fast around here.
                            It is a spare desert, the ice cream is just a bonus.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              The Sparky Force is strong with all of us!
                              Indeed it is!

Ah, the desert. I lived there for many years, and now I'm back in the humid land-of-rivers land where I grew up. Let me tell you, after you've grown accustomed to the dry heat of the desert, the humid heat is suffocating and unbearable, even when it's significantly less hot! I'd take scorching day in the desert any day over a hot day here (so long as I had plenty of water, that is). I certainly miss the desert, myself. It has its own beauty, and I really long for it sometimes.

I started writing fic again recently, though what usually happens is that I start on something like Sparky, and then I end up working on original fiction instead. That's great for my hopeful career as a writer, not so great for finishing all those fics I've started and want to eventually post. *sigh*

Comment

The heatwave is official, and way too early, and we are not allowed to use water from the tap to wash our cars, water the yard or fill any pools.

I heard there could be thunderstorms tonight, and cooler weather with possible local showers tomorrow (and I was just planning to tak the bike to attend the after-work event tomorrow evening -- indoor golf ).

Comment

Working...
                                X