Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopesetfree View Post
    That sounds amazing and beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful time!

On another note, has anyone here seen Timeless? I can't help but imagine an AU Colonel John Sheppard and Doctor Elizabeth Weir having crazy time travel adventures to save the world. (I'm a bit of an AU fiend, sorry)
    I watch Timeless and I have thought the same. I'm happy it's coming back for a second season.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It most certainly is a beautiful island.

Visited a necropolis yesterday near the beach, in use from the 7th century BC until the 1st century AD. You could tell a big part was already lost to the sea. And later today, we're gonna check out the remains of a local bronze age culture on the other side of the hillrange separating us from the right side of the island.
    Sounds amazing. Amazing! I wish we had that kind of history here in the states.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      I wish we had that kind of history here in the states.
      But you do have that kind of history over there.
      Just different people, and also no dolmen but plenty of burial hills.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The earliest my state goes to is the 1500s. It seems so recent.
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            And here's a link to one of my favorite post-Eye fics, which is gen but definitely has Sparky overtones.
            I am severely sleep deprived, it's way after midnight, and of course, I just had to read this fic. Loved it! Thank you for the rec! With all of this talk of The Storm/The Eye, I'm feeling like I might have to skip ahead in my long Stargate marathon to watch it!

It sounds like you're having a great time, Falcon Horus! May your vacation days always be sunny (without too much sunburn!) and relaxing!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Because my bus timing is terrible I missed the connection to the train. Didn't get to visit the capital like I was planning/ looking forward to.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                  Because my bus timing is terrible I missed the connection to the train. Didn't get to visit the capital like I was planning/ looking forward to.
                  Aw nuts! I'm sorry you missed out on that. Will you get another chance to go soon?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    After reading this, I'm feeling the need to rewatch Storm/Eye in the very near future.
                    You REALLY should! I'd forgotten how wonderful those episodes were.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    It most certainly is a beautiful island.

It's my first time vacationing here, and so far I haven't been disappointing. The weather is great too, except that neither me nor my sister are very fond of very hot weather, and at the moment we are at our limit of warm. i suspect the temperature's somewhere between 25 to 30 degrees Celsius. We prefer it cooler. We like sun, and lots of it too, but there can also be a refreshing breeze if possible, or the occasional cloud covering the sky.

Visited a necropolis yesterday near the beach, in use from the 7th century BC until the 1st century AD. You could tell a big part was already lost to the sea. And later today, we're gonna check out the remains of a local bronze age culture on the other side of the hillrange separating us from the right side of the island.
                    Sounds like a wonderful vacation. I'm so glad you're having a good time!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Hah! I'm right there in the shallow end of the pool with you!
                    Everyone should join us. It's lovely.

Originally posted by hopesetfree View Post
                    I am severely sleep deprived, it's way after midnight, and of course, I just had to read this fic. Loved it! Thank you for the rec! With all of this talk of The Storm/The Eye, I'm feeling like I might have to skip ahead in my long Stargate marathon to watch it!

It sounds like you're having a great time, Falcon Horus! May your vacation days always be sunny (without too much sunburn!) and relaxing!
                    I'm so glad you liked that fic!!

I skipped ahead and watched Hot Zone. That was another great episode. (The math girl in me just couldn't help but laugh at how clueless Ford was at prime/not prime. I mean, come on!) I loved it when Teyla chastised John for thinking the same way that Elizabeth thinks. And it was the first time John called Elizabeth by her first name. Which just leads me to thinking some personal conversations happened after The Eye.

I think I'll skip to Before I Sleep next. That's gonna be another flailing episode.

Comment

Mr. SR and I are going straight through no matter how painful. We're up to Doppelganger now and the most interesting thing to me has been some of his comments. He thinks they should have hooked up Ronon and Teyla, doesn't understand how anybody can think John is interested in Teyla romantically and that they all make a series of bad decisions that ultimately comes back to bite them repeatedly. He yells at the TV during military ops and Sam's hair drives him to distraction. Me, I just nod and smile.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Everyone should join us. It's lovely.
                        It totally is! *clinks glasses with fruity drinks and those pink

I skipped ahead and watched Hot Zone. That was another great episode. (The math girl in me just couldn't help but laugh at how clueless Ford was at prime/not prime. I mean, come on!) I loved it when Teyla chastised John for thinking the same way that Elizabeth thinks. And it was the first time John called Elizabeth by her first name. Which just leads me to thinking some personal conversations happened after The Eye.
                        Argh, I really should sit down and watch Season 1 again. The glory days, baby!

I think I'll skip to Before I Sleep next. That's gonna be another flailing episode.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Mr. SR and I are going straight through no matter how painful. We're up to Doppelganger now and the most interesting thing to me has been some of his comments. He thinks they should have hooked up Ronon and Teyla, doesn't understand how anybody can think John is interested in Teyla romantically and that they all make a series of bad decisions that ultimately comes back to bite them repeatedly. He yells at the TV during military ops and Sam's hair drives him to distraction. Me, I just nod and smile.
                        LMAO! I am totally unsurprised at what Mr. SR is reacting to. Especially the military stuff.

Comment

More power to you for watching all the episodes. I fear that if I tried that I would lose my enthusiasm.

And yeah, Ronon and Teyla were totally obvious. That's too funny about Sam's hair! And yes, they made decisions that kept biting them in the butt. From the posts that they made on this very board, you can see they thought they were smarter than everyone else.

It totally is! *clinks glasses with fruity drinks and those pink
                          You know me so well.

Argh, I really should sit down and watch Season 1 again. The glory days, baby!

Comment

Aw nuts! I'm sorry you missed out on that. Will you get another chance to go soon?
                            Not until next month.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sometimes I think anybody that served in the military should never watch a tv show about the military. I remember back when Tour of Duty first come on in the late 80's/early 90's, my dad would always comment on everything they did wrong. For those of you that don't know Tour of Duty was about the Vietnam War. The entire second season of the show was set on a base my dad served at and he just went on and on about how badly they screwed up everything that year.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Sometimes I think anybody that served in the military should never watch a tv show about the military. I remember back when Tour of Duty first come on in the late 80's/early 90's, my dad would always comment on everything they did wrong. For those of you that don't know Tour of Duty was about the Vietnam War. The entire second season of the show was set on a base my dad served at and he just went on and on about how badly they screwed up everything that year.
                                Boy you got that right. I can go all the way back to watching a show called "Combat" with my dad who said if it had really been that way they could have won WWII in 3 weeks. I also remember watching Sunday with my son, who had been in Air Force ROTC and the first thing he noticed was that John's collar was wrong and his shoes weren't shined. lol

But then I have the same problem with teacher shows. Usually the biggest mistake is having the kids already in the room before the teacher shows up. Disaster waiting to happen.

Mr. SR also freaks at blinking colored lights on computers which SGA has a tendency toward.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X