No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I've had other Stargate dreams. I had one with John in it too. Sometimes my brain knows I need something nice.
    Heeheehee!

Right!!! Everything after The Real World is just John's nanite induced dream. *nods*
    Yup! Hmm, has anyone ever done a fic like that? I should think that would've been an obvious fix-it fic idea in the wake of S4-5.

I got through 38 Minutes last night. Imagine how shippy that conversation where John wanted to say something to Elizabeth would have been if it had been later in the season.
    OMG yes. *fans self* Forget an appetizer, that would've been a 7-course dinner! What a feast!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So, I'm re-watching season 4. Where was Lorne during the events of Adrift/ Lifeline? He would have been helpful with the destroying asteroids thing. Then we could maybe have more shippy scenes.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
        So, I'm re-watching season 4. Where was Lorne during the events of Adrift/ Lifeline? He would have been helpful with the destroying asteroids thing. Then we could maybe have more shippy scenes.
        An excellent question, Lorne really should've been around. I'm under the impression that Kavan was doing another show at that time so there was a scheduling conflict, but I could be mistaken.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That makes sense. I haven't anything seen him in any other shows... yet.
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

It's kind of hard for me to imagine 38 Minutes as a later episode (even if it might make more sense that way), because I was one of those people for whom 38 Minutes was the first time I noticed anything between John and Elizabeth.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

An excellent question, Lorne really should've been around. I'm under the impression that Kavan was doing another show at that time so there was a scheduling conflict, but I could be mistaken.
            I don't know if this was the reason, but he had a recurring role in "The 4400," which I think would have been on roughly the same time. He played essentially that show's equivalent of Major Lorne.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yup! Hmm, has anyone ever done a fic like that? I should think that would've been an obvious fix-it fic idea in the wake of S4-5.
              I have a vague recollection of something like that, but I might be wrong.

OMG yes. *fans self* Forget an appetizer, that would've been a 7-course dinner! What a feast!
              Yes, especially right after The Eye!!

That's an excellent question, considering he was in the prior episode in Season 3.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              It's kind of hard for me to imagine 38 Minutes as a later episode (even if it might make more sense that way), because I was one of those people for whom 38 Minutes was the first time I noticed anything between John and Elizabeth.
              Yes, I can see what you're saying. That episode really did show sparks (pun intended).

Last night I skipped a few episodes and watched Home. Even though I'm sure it was meant to promote John/Teyla, there was so much Sparky in it. They were both so adorable and flirty during the War and Peace conversation. And John was right - it wasn't the same without her.

And there's Elizabeth's insistence that John would consult her first before making recommendations to SGC that she should be relieved. And John, telling Teyla how much he was worried about "Dr. Weir and everyone else". And Teyla's response that was something like "I am sure she is fine. I am sure they are all fine". Pure gold. Whoever chose that outfit for Teyla should never be in the costume department. Yikes.

Up next..... The Storm/The Eye. Expect flailing.

Comment

That makes sense. I haven't anything seen him in any other shows... yet.
                Kavan Smith is now playing on When Calls the Heart on the Hallmark Channel. His character is married to the girl who played the Wraith in Aurora. lol

Last night I skipped a few episodes and watched Home. Even though I'm sure it was meant to promote John/Teyla, there was so much Sparky in it. They were both so adorable and flirty during the War and Peace conversation. And John was right - it wasn't the same without her.

And there's Elizabeth's insistence that John would consult her first before making recommendations to SGC that she should be relieved. And John, telling Teyla how much he was worried about "Dr. Weir and everyone else". And Teyla's response that was something like "I am sure she is fine. I am sure they are all fine". Pure gold. Whoever chose that outfit for Teyla should never be in the costume department. Yikes.

Mr. SR and I talked about this when we rewatched Home a few weeks ago. He said since John was imagining it all, she's in the outfit he put her in. I'm sure the bruises will heal soon. But yeah, they seemed to be pushing Sheyla all of S1 but it just landed flat. Now we are up to Epiphany and it's all Sparkly (typo but I'm leaving it. lol) all the time. Mr. SR frequently pauses the episode and makes comments about the terrible writing and the plot holes. LOL
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! (and eta: Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!)

Same here. The way he wanted to tell her something if he didn't make it, and she wouldn't let him, then she asked him about it later in the infirmary and he dodged. Ohhhh yeah.

I don't know if this was the reason, but he had a recurring role in "The 4400," which I think would have been on roughly the same time. He played essentially that show's equivalent of Major Lorne.
                  The 4400, that's the one! I couldn't remember the show's name.

Yes, especially right after The Eye!!
                  Awww yisss.

Yes, I can see what you're saying. That episode really did show sparks (pun intended).

All of this. Whatever TPTW were aiming for, boy did they ever hit the Sparky mark!

And screaming. And much eating of chocolate.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Mr. SR and I talked about this when we rewatched Home a few weeks ago. He said since John was imagining it all, she's in the outfit he put her in. I'm sure the bruises will heal soon. But yeah, they seemed to be pushing Sheyla all of S1 but it just landed flat. Now we are up to Epiphany and it's all Sparkly (typo but I'm leaving it. lol) all the time. Mr. SR frequently pauses the episode and makes comments about the terrible writing and the plot holes. LOL
                  LMAO!

A rewatch here on the board (even if it's just a few episodes instead of the whole series) might be fun.
                  Last edited by Scary Kitty; 14 May 2017, 10:59 AM.

Comment

All of this. Whatever TPTW were aiming for, boy did they ever hit the Sparky mark!
                    Weird how often that seems to happen, huh? "Conversation" with Insect John is another rather similar one that comes to mind.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I know I am a lurker on this board that rarely emerges (mostly because I don't have anything of value to add), but I just want to say that this thread and all of you wonderful people make me so happy with your posts! Sparky is still alive and well, and I love that others still hold this ship as dear to their hearts as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by hopesetfree View Post
                        I know I am a lurker on this board that rarely emerges (mostly because I don't have anything of value to add), but I just want to say that this thread and all of you wonderful people make me so happy with your posts! Sparky is still alive and well, and I love that others still hold this ship as dear to their hearts as I do.
                        Welcome. So glad to hear we still have lurkers who share our feelings about the most wonderful ship that never sailed as far as it could have.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Weird how often that seems to happen, huh? "Conversation" with Insect John is another rather similar one that comes to mind.
                          I know, right? It's as if fate itself was aligning against TPTW...

Welcome to the greatest board on GW! Glad you found us!

Comment

There's a one shot called A World That Never Was.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by (x)

Comment

I recently caught The Storm/The Eye again at a friend's house, and while I did not externally show my flailing, inside I was flailing so much. When the show first aired, The Eye was the first SGA episode I'd seen (and only the last few minutes, at that), and the whole exchange at the end where John saves Elizabeth from Kolya and asks her if she's all right.. man. I squealed internally, and I had no idea who these people were or what was going on, but I knew I wanted to know more. That brief flash of chemistry right there is what convinced me to watch SGA in the first place (I had been a huge fan of SG1, but hadn't had much interest in Atlantis until that moment).

After I started watching the show from the beginning, I could see the writers were trying to push John/Teyla... but to me, Sparky was where all the chemistry was at. I usually have a multishipper's heart, and I've written one or two gift fics for people that were John/Teyla back in my LiveJournal days, but in my heart, John/Elizabeth was always what captivated me and ever since it has never let me go (though, for quite a while, I did have an oddball interest for Teyla/Carson, but I think I was probably quite alone in that ship, haha).

Comment

Even if you feel like you have very little to add, add it anyway...

Welcome, and thanks for the kudo's on AO3.

...though, for quite a while, I did have an oddball interest for Teyla/Carson, but I think I was probably quite alone in that ship, haha).
                                No, you weren't.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X