No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may scratch the "no colleagues to bother you" -- she was constantly on the phone.
    Like she could sniff out I didn't have her template open. Every single time, I tried to get to working on something else, she called.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      You may scratch the "no colleagues to bother you" -- she was constantly on the phone.
      Like she could sniff out I didn't have her template open. Every single time, I tried to get to working on something else, she called.
      I hear you. When I used to work 1/2 time at home, I swear I got more calls at home than I ever talked to people in the office. Altogether a sweet deal, though.

Comment

Mind you, she'll be out of the office the next two weeks as she's going on vacation to South-Africa.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Mind you, she'll be out of the office the next two weeks as she's going on vacation to South-Africa.
          Yay! That'll be a relief, I'm sure.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Yay! That'll be a relief, I'm sure.
            Like you have no idea.

Though, I do have to say, we get along great. Not at first, when I first started 2 years ago, but we quickly learned our sense of humor is quite atuned to one another. So much so, that I know I'll get hit over the head with a rolled up paper when I tell her she has to send in the assignments by way of tickets (still waiting for the ticket though -- the slap was received).

Comment

Happy Saturday! Think I'm going to spend some time with a man named Logan.

I think I'm about to hit the deadline wall of SGA Reverse Bang so very hard...
              Good luck with the writing. Just thinking the word deadline makes me cringe. Sometimes I get lucky and it terrifies the muse into cooperation, but most days its less than helpful.

Pro's of working from home:
              * no colleagues to bother you with trivial matters
              * no colleagues to bother you
              * music (which we can only listen to with headphones on at the office)
              * I can sit wherever I like (coffeetable, on a beanbag)
              * free GW access without colleagues trying to see what I'm doing
              * no 45 minute commute

Lovin' it...
              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I hear you. When I used to work 1/2 time at home, I swear I got more calls at home than I ever talked to people in the office. Altogether a sweet deal, though.
              It is a sweet deal! I work at home or in the field. I'm on a travel cycle now that is getting old fast, but for the most part I feel like a lottery winner each day.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                Good luck with the writing. Just thinking the word deadline makes me cringe. Sometimes I get lucky and it terrifies the muse into cooperation, but most days its less than helpful.
                I just now started it. I'm 106 words in -- only 894 to go to meet the minimum requirements.
                I find inspiration in René Descartes' Meditation of First Philosophy, though it's quite possibly I might get lost in philosophical ramblings... it's a toss up really.

Also, as a graphic designer, or as a template/document designer (current job), deadlines don't scare me. They get the juices flowing, as it were.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  Happy Saturday! Think I'm going to spend some time with a man named Logan.
                  Mr. SR and I spent Friday afternoon with that gentleman. He was most entertaining.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Like you have no idea.

Though, I do have to say, we get along great. Not at first, when I first started 2 years ago, but we quickly learned our sense of humor is quite atuned to one another. So much so, that I know I'll get hit over the head with a rolled up paper when I tell her she has to send in the assignments by way of tickets (still waiting for the ticket though -- the slap was received).

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Mr. SR and I spent Friday afternoon with that gentleman. He was most entertaining.
                    I'd ask if you had him over for tea, but I'm sure he would've had something else in his cup... I've been hearing good stuff about the movie, I'll have to see it soon.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Which movie is this? Also, I'm apparently a Pokemon this weekend.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                        They're talking about the new Wolverine movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                          Logan. It was great and not the usual X-Men film.

They're talking about the new Wolverine movie.
                          Hey, I have a question for you and any other non-Americans on here. Think back to your early school days. What kind of school lunch did they serve in the cafeteria?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Hey, I have a question for you and any other non-Americans on here. Think back to your early school days. What kind of school lunch did they serve in the cafeteria?
                            If you didn't bring your own lunch, you had soup (any, vegetable - tomato with meatballs - ...) and then meat or fish with potatoes or mash and vegetables. And French Fries on friday (the day everybody left their own lunch at home on purpose).

It was prepared in the inhouse kitchens but when budget got tight, they had special caterers bring the warm meals in.

We paid a small fee up front if we wanted hot meals at lunch, and then got tickets to spend on soup or the whole meal.

Oh yeah, we also had dessert: cake, or chocolate cookies, or icecream, or fruit.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday! And hey, the forum's back!

If you didn't bring your own lunch, you had soup (any, vegetable - tomato with meatballs - ...) and then meat or fish with potatoes or mash and vegetables. And French Fries on friday (the day everybody left their own lunch at home on purpose).

It was prepared in the inhouse kitchens but when budget got tight, they had special caterers bring the warm meals in.

We paid a small fee up front if we wanted hot meals at lunch, and then got tickets to spend on soup or the whole meal.

Oh yeah, we also had dessert: cake, or chocolate cookies, or icecream, or fruit.
                              Everyone loves French fries!

Comment

Thanks, the reason I asked is that my cousin was in a discussion on FB about how awful our lunches are compared to the rest of the world. Needless to say the usual war has erupted. I saw this http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6746164.html, which I found hard to believe, but then this https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/what...jje#.llRWMv331 seemed better. The USA pics look accurate to me, but I haven't been in the public schools for awhile. I know our lunches are no longer prepared on site but trucked in, contain way too many carbs and the kids throw the veggies straight into the trash.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X