No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy Thanksgiving!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I love pie but it never takes the place of wine.
    We're actually not having wine this year. We decided to go with hard cider instead.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      We're actually not having wine this year.
      Before reading the rest: "What, no wine?"

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      We decided to go with hard cider instead.
      After reading the rest: "Oh, cider - all is well!"

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving! I love hard cider, though I did go in favor of a glass of wine with our turkey dinner (and pie!). Two energy drinks later...I've still not recovered, lol.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          Happy Thanksgiving! I love hard cider, though I did go in favor of a glass of wine with our turkey dinner (and pie!). Two energy drinks later...I've still not recovered, lol.
          That's why I opted to wait on the wine until I had the dinner finished. Didn't want to get befuddled and forget something. But before I could turn around our guests had gone through 2 bottles of white and Mr. SR had to put some in the freezer for later. They all rolled out of here a while ago and now we are decompressing after finishing the dishes.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Dinner and pumpkin cheesecake were awesome, and the cider was perfect! The cheesecake is already gone, the sides are gone, there's enough turkey left for turkey sandwiches at lunch and turkey burritos for dinner (along with the last of the cider), so I'd say we demolished that bird pretty handily.

Glad everyone had a great day, too!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Before reading the rest: "What, no wine?"

After reading the rest: "Oh, cider - all is well!"

Y'all know me so well.

Oh dear...

That's why I opted to wait on the wine until I had the dinner finished. Didn't want to get befuddled and forget something. But before I could turn around our guests had gone through 2 bottles of white and Mr. SR had to put some in the freezer for later. They all rolled out of here a while ago and now we are decompressing after finishing the dishes.
            ZOMG! Talk about demolished, LOL!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Like I have to eat pumpkin soup long after Halloween, I imagine Americans having turkey long after Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Like I have to eat pumpkin soup long after Halloween, I imagine Americans having turkey long after Thanksgiving.
                Leftovers are the best part. Hot turkey sandwiches. Yum!
                sigpic

Comment

Mmm... sounds lovely.

*looks at kebab*

Also tasty...

It's take-away friday.

Comment

Random note - I don't like construction contractors.

Hope everyone in the US had a great Thanksgiving!

Comment

Well, I joyfully abstained from the madness that is Black Friday and was rewarded with a Amazon delivery of a new book I'd ordered, Forever Words, the unknown poems of Johnny Cash. (I actually ordered it as a gift, but I've since decided the gift is for me!)

I can't get past one of the poems. It finishes every verse with "I keep coming back around to you." Now I'm very glad I didn't finish my wine from yesterday, I'm ready for a glass and another read. It's so good! Thank goodness for the little things when the city around you has gone crazy fighting over twenty dollar crockpots, lol.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Random note - I don't like construction contractors.

Hope everyone in the US had a great Thanksgiving!
                        Construction contractors.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Well, I joyfully abstained from the madness that is Black Friday and was rewarded with a Amazon delivery of a new book I'd ordered, Forever Words, the unknown poems of Johnny Cash. (I actually ordered it as a gift, but I've since decided the gift is for me!)

I can't get past one of the poems. It finishes every verse with "I keep coming back around to you." Now I'm very glad I didn't finish my wine from yesterday, I'm ready for a glass and another read. It's so good! Thank goodness for the little things when the city around you has gone crazy fighting over twenty dollar crockpots, lol.
                          Little things, indeed. We just sat back and enjoyed watching the rain. Much better than fighting the crowds.

Sounds like a great book, I may have to look into that.

Comment

Construction contractors.
                            Sorry. I meant that I have guys working on my bathroom, putting down a new floor and installing new sink/vanity/etc. They are annoying. What other job can you just show up whenever or not show up at all?

Thankfully it should just be one more day of them.

Hope all your college football teams do well today!

Comment

Sorry. I meant that I have guys working on my bathroom, putting down a new floor and installing new sink/vanity/etc. They are annoying. What other job can you just show up whenever or not show up at all?

Oh, that's it. LOL Somehow my brain was thinking something involving grammar.

Funny you should mention that. We had friends over for T'giving who are having their kitchen redone. It's been a complete horror show, even after careful selection of the contractor and promises to get it done in X number of weeks. It's more than doubled and no end in sight. I don't understand why this seems to always happen.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Oh, that's it. LOL Somehow my brain was thinking something involving grammar.

Funny you should mention that. We had friends over for T'giving who are having their kitchen redone. It's been a complete horror show, even after careful selection of the contractor and promises to get it done in X number of weeks. It's more than doubled and no end in sight. I don't understand why this seems to always happen.
                                Yikes! Makes me even more grateful for our contractors. They show up when they say they will, they're always checking with us to make sure they're following our directions, and they're just awesome guys. In related news, framing is now rising on the site. (Yes, we still build in the rain here in the Pacific Northwest. They're used to it.)

And now, it's Rivalry Week on this week's College Football Roundup! USC takes the Jeweled Shillelagh against Notre Dame 45-27, Georgia fell to Georgia Tech in a heartbreaking 28-27, and Virginia Tech ate Virginia for lunch 52-10. Meanwhile, it's a great day in Atlantis as Air Force beat Boise State 27-20, and Navy beat SMU 75-31 (damn that's a lot of TDs ).

Comment

Working...
                                X