No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Live from Florida, it's Saturday Night!!!

Got a last minute interpreting job at a hospital, and thankfully I brought my iPad so I can catch up on some stuff.
    Go you! *high-fives* ")

Yeah,
    Spoiler:
    when you type in "Sparky fan art" and get some very interesting McShep artwork, including
    Spoiler:
    Naked!Angel!Rodney

Yowza.
    Ugh, there is nothing that chaps my hide more than mis-tagged fanfic/art. When you've got fandoms that are so fractured along shipping and character lines, correct use of a tagging system might be one of the only ways of keeping the peace.
    Spoiler:
    You should see the filters I've had to put in on Ao3 just to search through Tony/Pepper fic so that I can avoid
    Spoiler:
    all the damn Stony, Science Bros, Frostiron, and other slash fic that bashes Pepper and breaks up Pepperony just to get Tony together with the writer's sausage of choice. I'm sure some of these people do it deliberately just to piss off Pepperony shippers, too.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's hitting something and then having to scramble out as fast as possible, leaving virtual skitmarks on the floor.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, I've just uploaded the last chapter of my story onto FF.net and AO3, along with author's notes (fairly extensive ones at that). SK, if you were waiting to read all of this in one go, now you can.

I'm also going to go ahead and personally recommend this to SR, because I think that you'd enjoy this story featuring our favorite leading man.

Chapter 1 of "What Dreams May Come" on FF.net and AO3.

Also, I found this on Tumblr and had to share it, because this seriously never gets old.
        Spoiler:
        John's face just kills me.
        Spoiler:

sigpic
        Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
        View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It's hitting something and then having to scramble out as fast as possible, leaving virtual skitmarks on the floor.
          Yep, it's just like that.

Originally posted by Sequoia Hope View Post
          Well, I've just uploaded the last chapter of my story onto FF.net and AO3, along with author's notes (fairly extensive ones at that). SK, if you were waiting to read all of this in one go, now you can.
          Excellent. Now I just have to find some time to read it all in one go...

Also, I found this on Tumblr and had to share it, because this seriously never gets old. [spoiler]John's face just kills me.
          http://67.media.tumblr.com/45f72400c...wllno1_500.png

http://66.media.tumblr.com/af2ffc4b9...wllno2_500.png
          *snickers* Talk about sucking on that lemon he was saving up to ward off McKay!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Art Challenge is coming back Monday September 12th!

That's right! We took a break for the summer but now it's time to dust off Gimp and PS and pencils whatever you use to make art or write fan fic!

The first challenge [if we get enough people to sign up!] will be a pairs challenge. You will be assigned a partner, and each team will either collaborate together on a project, or encourage each other to start [and/or] finish a project. If you are interested, please let me or slizzie1986 know asap!

If you don't have enough signups for the pairs challenge, we'll have a backup challenge. If there is no interest through this month, we will have to stop the challenges.

Stay tuned!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm also going to go ahead and personally recommend this to SR, because I think that you'd enjoy this story featuring our favorite leading man.

I am reading it and enjoying it very much. I'm up to Chapter 4 and have found it to be very well written. It feels like an episode of the show and makes me miss it even more.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yeah,
                Spoiler:
                when you type in "Sparky fan art" and get some very interesting McShep artwork, including
                Spoiler:
                Naked!Angel!Rodney

Yowza.
                Some things just don't need a visual.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Ugh, there is nothing that chaps my hide more than mis-tagged fanfic/art. When you've got fandoms that are so fractured along shipping and character lines, correct use of a tagging system might be one of the only ways of keeping the peace.
                Spoiler:
                You should see the filters I've had to put in on Ao3 just to search through Tony/Pepper fic so that I can avoid
                Spoiler:
                all the damn Stony, Science Bros, Frostiron, and other slash fic that bashes Pepper and breaks up Pepperony just to get Tony together with the writer's sausage of choice. I'm sure some of these people do it deliberately just to piss off Pepperony shippers, too.
                Eek. That does sound awfully irritating.

Ooo, I look forward to reading it!

Also, I found this on Tumblr and had to share it, because this seriously never gets old.
                Spoiler:
                John's face just kills me.
                Spoiler:
                [IMG]http://67.media.tumblr.com/45f72400c17abe75c85ff6fc4f52c607/tumblr_ob73ebqx0I1s6wllno1_500.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://66.media.tumblr.com/af2ffc4b9fda19808b3601607897a4f0/tumblr_ob73ebqx0I1s6wllno2_500.png[/IMG
                What a face!
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I am reading it and enjoying it very much. I'm up to Chapter 4 and have found it to be very well written. It feels like an episode of the show and makes me miss it even more.
                  So glad you're enjoying it! Thank you for the kind feedback.

I'm missing the show very much, too, enough so that I've begun a second re-watch. Might have just enough time to get through all the episodes again before schoolwork pulls me back into its clutches in four weeks.

When was the last time you guys did a post-a-thon? Feels like it's been a while.

Also, SR and Erin87, I just noticed that the links to the SGA-R website in both of your sigs don't work. I think there's a missing hyphen, so you both might want to correct the link.
                  sigpic
                  Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                  View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

When was the last time you guys did a post-a-thon? Feels like it's been a while.
                    I can't remember, must have been a while.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

I can't remember, must have been a while.
                        It has. We started out strong, but it tapered off. Did the last postathon include S4-5? I can't remember...

Comment

It has. We started out strong, but it tapered off. Did the last postathon include S4-5? I can't remember...
                          I don't know, I think it did for the episodes that Elizabeth was in (skipping Doppelganger sure didn't bother me).

Comment

I don't know, I think it did for the episodes that Elizabeth was in (skipping Doppelganger sure didn't bother me).
                            Hmm. True dat.

Well, good news and bad news:
                            Spoiler:
                            Good news: my 9am class that I was supposed to interpret got cancelled because the professor couldn't get here on time.

Bad news: it's due to the tropical storm off the coast. And I left my iPad at home so I can't even write in my free time.

But hey. I got wifi. I'm sure I'll find something productive to do.

Comment

Good news: Yay, free time!
                              Bad news: It's gonna get windy?

Hey, to write fic - all you need is pen and paper.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Hmm. True dat.

Well, good news and bad news:
                                Spoiler:
                                Good news: my 9am class that I was supposed to interpret got cancelled because the professor couldn't get here on time.

Bad news: it's due to the tropical storm off the coast. And I left my iPad at home so I can't even write in my free time.

But hey. I got wifi. I'm sure I'll find something productive to do.

Your phone no doubt has some sort of note taking app. I've done it before, it's awkward since the screen is smaller, but it works in a pinch. And there's always games...

Comment

Working...
                                X