Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Thanks Auntie! How are things going in your neck of the woods?
    Hot hot hot! Hotter than hot. The heat index on Saturday was 112F.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

It's been really hot here too, but being Florida it's also been storming in the afternoons and it cools it down a little bit. Like, 5 whole degrees.

I'm having a S4 rewatch. No, I don't know what's wrong with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
        Ooo, that's an awesome beginning!
        Spoiler:
        There's a lot of logic to the IOA's arguments (they really could have left so easily after the ZPM, but nooo) and I appreciate the acknowledgement that mistakes were made on both sides. It gives the situation some realism, but doesn't negate the awesomeness of the rescue that is apparently coming. Go get her, John! You tell 'em!
        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Couldn't have said it better myself. That is an awesome beginning, Sequoia Hope! I hope John gives those pencil-pushing pinheads hell!
        Great new fic, SW and Sequoia Hope. Can't wait for more.
        WHAT THEY SAID!!! Looking forward to the rest!
        Thank you all for the wonderful feedback!
        Spoiler:
        Erin87, I completely agree with you! I was re-watching First Strike, and I was thinking about how it really all began with the Earth military instigating conflict with the Replicators. So that made me mad, especially since Elizabeth was clearly against the strike in the first place... but after watching Lifeline, I could also see how John and his team got themselves in a situation that ultimately sacrificed one of their own.

And you're right, there is an awesome rescue coming... though it probably won't be what you expect. I've almost finished writing a chapter with a plot twist that will probably make you scream and think that this story could have been canon. Or if you so desire, you can apply it to your head canon, as I am doing.

Just posted a short ficlet (trying to get those writing juices flowing!). The idea made me laugh so I had to write it.

Emily gets to tag along on a mission with John and receives an unexpected offer.
        FF.net: here
        LJ: here

And I realized that I'd forgotten to share one I'd posted a few weeks ago. Oops.

Connor is learning Ancient and decides to pick on his little sister.

Sparky family makes me happy. *dances*
        Aww, very cute stories! Thanks so much for sharing!

*whimpering at Torri's last screen appearance at the end of BAMSR*
        sigpic
        Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
        View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

It's been really hot here too, but being Florida it's also been storming in the afternoons and it cools it down a little bit. Like, 5 whole degrees.

That would raise anybody's temp.
          sigpic

Comment

I think the rain heard my complaints cause it's gone for now, and if the weather stays the way it's predicted it's going to get HOOOOOOT here too.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I just read the first one about Emily and OMGBBQFYI I am dying laughing! Actually, I made some sound that doesn't qualify as a laugh. More as a snort. Awesome job!!!

And I will read the other one ASAP. After I eat.

ETA: Just read all of those stories. I love it!!!
              Originally posted by Sequoia Hope View Post
              Aww, very cute stories! Thanks so much for sharing!
              Thanks very much! ^^

Originally posted by Sequoia Hope View Post
              Thank you all for the wonderful feedback!
              Spoiler:
              Erin87, I completely agree with you! I was re-watching First Strike, and I was thinking about how it really all began with the Earth military instigating conflict with the Replicators. So that made me mad, especially since Elizabeth was clearly against the strike in the first place... but after watching Lifeline, I could also see how John and his team got themselves in a situation that ultimately sacrificed one of their own.

And you're right, there is an awesome rescue coming... though it probably won't be what you expect. I've almost finished writing a chapter with a plot twist that will probably make you scream and think that this story could have been canon. Or if you so desire, you can apply it to your head canon, as I am doing.
              Spoiler:
              Eee! A twist, eh? Oh dear. Hehe. Looking forward to it.

It's been brutal this year. We can't do anything except hole up in our one little room w/ an ac unit. It just saps the life out of you.
              sigpic
              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

It's been brutal this year. We can't do anything except hole up in our one little room w/ an ac unit. It just saps the life out of you.
                Yikes. You know it's bad when Florida folks are wishing for a tropical storm just to cool things off...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

ZOMG, lots of new fic to read!

I salute your courage!

That would raise anybody's temp.

Yikes. You know it's bad when Florida folks are wishing for a tropical storm just to cool things off...
                  Oh dear...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    I salute your courage!
                    Courage, or stupidity? Because other than refreshing some plot details, it didn't do me a whole lot of good. Now I'm wanting to make Whump!Sparky videos.

But I'm almost out of time. I'm on leave from my job with the school system, but I start working part-time at a local college next week. Oh well. Guess it'll have to wait.

Comment

Rewatching "Vegas" right now. Just came up with a fic idea that I don't have time for.

Spoiler:
                      Since the Alt!Rodney is this episode isn't the same one that Shep and Co encountered in "McKay and Mrs. Miller" (since in that universe, McKay knew Sheppard) and the SGC and Atlantis are both functioning bases, I'm inclined to believe that events more or less proceeded normally in that universe and Elizabeth is still around someplace. As Alt!Rodney put it, the "defining event" in this John's life was the failed rescue of the field medic which is the reason he wasn't around to ferry Jack to the Ancient weapon platform when Elizabeth and Co were working there.

However, seeing as how Woolsey appears to be overseeing the operation, what I'm thinking is that Elizabeth did indeed step down as she had discussed with Teyla in "First Strike" and she is on Earth someplace. And since Daedalus was up in orbit, they beamed John aboard and he got well and eventually he meets Elizabeth and Sparky wins.

Oh well. One can dream, right?

Comment

Just posted a short ficlet (trying to get those writing juices flowing!). The idea made me laugh so I had to write it.

Emily gets to tag along on a mission with John and receives an unexpected offer.

And I realized that I'd forgotten to share one I'd posted a few weeks ago. Oops.

Connor is learning Ancient and decides to pick on his little sister.

Sparky family makes me happy. *dances*
                        I finally got a chance to read these. They were both so very adorable.
                        sigpic

Comment

Rewatching "Vegas" right now. Just came up with a fic idea that I don't have time for.

Spoiler:
                          Since the Alt!Rodney is this episode isn't the same one that Shep and Co encountered in "McKay and Mrs. Miller" (since in that universe, McKay knew Sheppard) and the SGC and Atlantis are both functioning bases, I'm inclined to believe that events more or less proceeded normally in that universe and Elizabeth is still around someplace. As Alt!Rodney put it, the "defining event" in this John's life was the failed rescue of the field medic which is the reason he wasn't around to ferry Jack to the Ancient weapon platform when Elizabeth and Co were working there.

However, seeing as how Woolsey appears to be overseeing the operation, what I'm thinking is that Elizabeth did indeed step down as she had discussed with Teyla in "First Strike" and she is on Earth someplace. And since Daedalus was up in orbit, they beamed John aboard and he got well and eventually he meets Elizabeth and Sparky wins.

Sounds good to me!

I finally got a chance to read these. They were both so very adorable.
                          Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked them.
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Bring back Kate and we can talk.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Courage, or stupidity? Because other than refreshing some plot details, it didn't do me a whole lot of good. Now I'm wanting to make Whump!Sparky videos.

But I'm almost out of time. I'm on leave from my job with the school system, but I start working part-time at a local college next week. Oh well. Guess it'll have to wait.
                              Hey, nothing wrong with Whump!Sparky...

Spoiler:

I approve of this headcanon! (and suddenly I have the urge to be like Thor, throw down a coffee cup and yell, "ANOTHER!" )
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SK, I'm trying to send you a PM, but the system's apparently not letting me. Is there any way that I can contact you privately?
                                sigpic
                                Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                                View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Working...
                                X