Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopesetfree View Post
    I really look forward to getting to know you all. You all seem like awesome people!
    I'm a Lemming. Kate's Lemming in fact, and I like sugar.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Unfortunately, some of the blogs I follow change their interests so frequently that when I get on, I'm inundated with photos of actors that I like, but not THAT much. On the other hand, I know following you will result in Pepperony and Food Photos, and I like that.

Haha, don't tempt me. I have a college project that I haven't touched in over a month (which is totally fine because I have an extension but still need to work on it soon), but if I misappropriate anymore of my "free time" and work on fanfic, I'll never finish my laundry. And I need clean clothes.
      D'oh!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Sparky has been an OTP of mine since the show came out, so it feels a little weird to be a newbie on this thread since I've been shipping it since SGA's first season! (Guess I should have signed up sooner, haha). I guess maybe I just didn't know where to look, but I could never find much of a Sparky presence on Tumblr? That always made me sad.

I've written Sparky fic under my old handle (Rushingwind) and posted it all here, on AO3, if anyone's interested. Also, my personal favorite fic is a role reversal fic I wrote where Elizabeth is the military badass and John is the diplomatic badass leader (here). I actually wrote a sequel to it, but never posted it... though I've been revisiting and editing the fic lately, so maybe I'll post it soon after all.

I really look forward to getting to know you all. You all seem like awesome people!
      Awesome, I'll definitely have to check that out! *runs to bookmark the link*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I'm a Lemming. Kate's Lemming in fact, and I like sugar.
      *looks around, innocently whistles, and slides over a saucer of sugar*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        *looks around, innocently whistles, and slides over a saucer of sugar*
        *disappears inside the heap of sugar*

Also, if this rain is the "normal summer" here in Belgium as someone is trying desperately to explain the bad weather, then I'd like to object.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          *disappears inside the heap of sugar*

Also, if this rain is the "normal summer" here in Belgium as someone is trying desperately to explain the bad weather, then I'd like to object.
          Continuing with the weather report, the heat index here is 105F. That's 40.6C for you non-Americans.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Continuing with the weather report, the heat index here is 105F. That's 40.6C for you non-Americans.
            On second thought... rain is fine.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Sparky has been an OTP of mine since the show came out, so it feels a little weird to be a newbie on this thread since I've been shipping it since SGA's first season! (Guess I should have signed up sooner, haha). I guess maybe I just didn't know where to look, but I could never find much of a Sparky presence on Tumblr? That always made me sad.

I've written Sparky fic under my old handle (Rushingwind) and posted it all here, on AO3, if anyone's interested. Also, my personal favorite fic is a role reversal fic I wrote where Elizabeth is the military badass and John is the diplomatic badass leader (here). I actually wrote a sequel to it, but never posted it... though I've been revisiting and editing the fic lately, so maybe I'll post it soon after all.

hopesetfree, thanks so much for sharing your stories! I read Frail, Fleeting, and Powerful today, and I want to say that you are an incredibly talented and creative writer, and I enjoyed this story immensely. You should definitely continue writing and complete that sequel, I would love to read it. I would give you some green for this fantastic piece of writing, but I can't, so virtual green!

So glad that you've joined this thread! It's never too late to join in on Sparky!
              sigpic
              Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
              View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia Hope View Post
                hopesetfree, thanks so much for sharing your stories! I read Frail, Fleeting, and Powerful today, and I want to say that you are an incredibly talented and creative writer, and I enjoyed this story immensely. You should definitely continue writing and complete that sequel, I would love to read it. I would give you some green for this fantastic piece of writing, but I can't, so virtual green!

So glad that you've joined this thread! It's never too late to join in on Sparky!
                I second that. I read "All the Echoes Mourn" and loved it. I think I have read "Frail, Fleeting, and Powerful" at some time in the past also. Great writing.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

It's supposed to be 73F and sunny today in my neck of the woods. Good for working on a house. (We poured the footers for the foundation this week, slab goes in next week! )
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

It's supposed to be 73F and sunny today in my neck of the woods. Good for working on a house. (We poured the footers for the foundation this week, slab goes in next week! )
                    Sounds like you're getting to the exciting part.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Sounds like you're getting to the exciting part.
                      LOL, the really exciting part will be moving in! But this is a close second.

Comment

I just had to share this. If I need to take it down, let me know. But it made me laugh.

Spoiler:
                        I was looking on Reddit for something about a ship from SG-1 in one of the Legacy books and someone made a comment about another ship from SGA...
                        Spoiler:

And I just died laughing at the cyanide line.

Comment

Even to this day... ..no wait, a year ago.

Comment

Well, I was re-watching Sunday, and I ended up writing this.

The Ocean's Anchor

Contains Sparky angst and Elizabeth/Teyla friendship. Hope you all enjoy.
                            Really nice. Well done.

Just think Box of Dreams...

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]41867[/ATTACH]

(Darn, I can't figure out how to make the image its original size.)

Just wondering, were any sigs of this design made for Elizabeth? Since she's back now, I mean.
                            No, actually, I didn't make one. But you're right, she should have one.

Hi there! This is my first time posting here (I think), so I'm going to just go ahead and jump in!

Just so I don't show up empty-handed, this is a fanart-ish thing I made a while ago. Maybe some of you have seen it before (or maybe not), but it was one of my recent-ish tributes to Sparky. I hope it brings a smile to someone's face.
                            Hi! Welcome to the Sparky thread. Ahh, I remember seeing that art on tumblr and loving it (ohh, the prettiness and angst! (also, it reminded me of a fic I wrote with multiple realities)). I'm glad I get to tell you so!

Oh, and I bring Sparky ficlet.

Spoiler:
                            “Marry me.”

Elizabeth looked up at the man who had just stepped over her office threshold and uttered the two words she never thought she would hear - at least, not in this galaxy. "What?" she asked, more bemused than shocked.

John Sheppard grinned at her. "Apparently, the people of M38-527 only trade with married folks." As he took a seat in front of her, he continued, "So I gotta get hitched in order for McKay to try and talk them into trading for some awesome device they have that does something ... awesome."

Elizabeth set her Palm device on her desk, leaned back in her seat, and raised an eyebrow. "Why can't McKay be the married one?"

John glared coolly back at her. "Don't make me laugh."

She cocked her head to the side in a nod. "What about Ronon and Teyla?"

"They've traded with the Athosians before. They know Teyla."

"Ah. So you're the only choice left then."

"Well, I am the most eligible bachelor in Atlantis."

Elizabeth held up her hand. "Let's get something straight, Colonel. First off, that was an informal poll done while half of the senior staff was inebriated. Secondly, no matter how many times a single person voted for you - again, while inebriated - each person's vote should have been only counted once."

"That reminds me, I forgot to tell you how impressed I was with your tolerance. After five drinks, that is."

Elizabeth cleared her throat. "Alright, John, let's make a deal. I agree to be your wife for the purpose of trade negotiations, we never mention that night again. Deal?"

"Deal."

She leaned back. "Good."

"I'm just saying, you voted, like, ten times."

Elizabeth tapped her desk. "You're dismissed, Colonel."
                            LOL! So cute. It was fluffy and adorable and then John's last line just brought it all home. Ha!

I just read Before and After. Nicely done! And I think I've read the role-reversal one before and liked it, but I'll have to look at it again to see.

Edit: I read FF&P again and yes, I had read it before. Really excellent story, beautifully written. (And that OUaT line has always made me go swoony, so hearing it with Sparky is just perfect. *happy sigh*)
                            Last edited by Erin87; 13 August 2016, 08:08 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

And now she does. Oversight corrected.

The second one's bg is a bit brighter and I kind of like that one better, but the first fits in more with the rest of the series, which has a more muted background.

sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                And now she does. Oversight corrected.

The second one's bg is a bit brighter and I kind of like that one better, but the first fits in more with the rest of the series, which has a more muted background.

[URL=http://s677.photobucket.com/user/Erin87_photos/media/Atlantis%20Rising/LizARsig3_zpsxmdjj64f.jpg.html][IMG]http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv132/Erin87_photos/Atlantis%20Rising/LizARsig3_zpsxmdjj64f.jpg[IMG]/[URL]

[IMG]http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv132/Erin87_photos/Atlantis%20Rising/LizARsig2_zps5znw3sod.jpg[IMG]
                                Ahhhhhh! Awesome job!

Comment

Working...
                                X