Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    Hi!!! I do indeed remember you. Nice to hear from you again!
    Hi Erin!! Good to see you here again, too!

I get the feeling, SK. You're definitely not alone there. That time travel story of mine is still stalled (NEVER start a story without at least of vibe of how the plot's going to go (I know some people can do it, but clearly I'm not one of them). I've pretty much got that figured out now, but still. It was a big mistake. I probably could've finished a whole other story (that I did have planned out enough) instead, but I let myself get caught up with this one and feeling obliged to finish one before doing another.) I did manage to do two chapters last year (and it amazed me how long it had been since I'd started), but the current one is giving me trouble (I guess I'm not skilled at plotting action (one of the things that made FY stall too)). I do still hope to finish it one day, though. As much of a pain as it's been, I'd still like to see how it ends, lol!

I have sort of started an SGA rewatch recently, though. (Finished the first season/S2Ep1 today.) It made me sad when I was trying to write my fic that I've lost a lot of the character's voices (Poor Woolsey was supposed to talk and I had no idea what he'd say! Beyond generic "leader" stuff, that is. Even Rodney's not as easy as he used to be.) So maybe this'll help.
    Turns out that I'm doing an SGA re-watch, too. Just got through Season 2, Episode 19 today. Also just finished a re-read of SGA-R, and wow, did I forget a lot of what happened. It's funny how a few years ago, I thought I knew every on-screen episode by heart, but now I don't really remember what happened in half the episodes. Well, these past few weeks have been a good refresher, and it's been fun re-watching John & Elizabeth scenes like it's the first time.

Good luck with your writing! If you're still writing for SGA-R, I look forward to when your episodes come out, whenever that may be!
    sigpic
    Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
    View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I get the feeling, SK. You're definitely not alone there. That time travel story of mine is still stalled (NEVER start a story without at least of vibe of how the plot's going to go (I know some people can do it, but clearly I'm not one of them).
      *waves* Hi Erin! Yeah I know how that goes. I've also got to know where a story's going to go before I start it if I'm ever going to finish it. You should see all the abandoned fic ideas hiding in shame on my hard drive, LOL! Fortunately, I've known all along where I'm going with WDMC, it's just the getting there that's giving me fits.

I have sort of started an SGA rewatch recently, though. (Finished the first season/S2Ep1 today.) It made me sad when I was trying to write my fic that I've lost a lot of the character's voices (Poor Woolsey was supposed to talk and I had no idea what he'd say! Beyond generic "leader" stuff, that is. Even Rodney's not as easy as he used to be.) So maybe this'll help.
      Losing the characters' voices is something that's worried me, too. Although when I see SGA posts on Tumblr, their "reactions" still sound right to me, so I guess I haven't lost it yet. But I've got my Blu-rays ready if I need 'em!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*runs in from the Florida heat*

Hey guys, popping in real quick! I'm working one day a week for now in my mother's office, which has its pros and cons but I'm currently lacking work to do so ... hey!

Originally posted by Sequoia Hope View Post
        Hello all - I've been MIA from this thread for a few years, but I've been re-watching SGA these past few days and really got hit by nostalgia, and I thought that I would check in on the Sparkies here. For those of you who were here 3-4 years ago, you might remember me as Sparks of Atlantis, but I recently decided to change my username. You may refer to me as Sequoia Hope, Sequoia, or SH.

I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised at how quiet it is in this thread now, and I'm missing the conversations and debates and rants from 3-4 years ago. I don't suppose that there is any way now that we could bring this thread back to life, but on the off chance that people here are willing, I would love to be a part of that.

Seeing as there isn't really a discussion topic at the moment, I'm going to go ahead and ask SK and SR about SGA Rising. I've also been re-reading the episodes recently, and I just thought that I'd ask for a status update on the series, since it's been three years since Primum Movens was completed. I can't imagine how daunting the writing process must be, and I applaud the staff for undertaking this project, but I was wondering if us readers can expect the next episode to be completed and posted sometime in the near future, or if it's still a long wait away. Finally, while I am confident that the SGA Rising writers have things covered, if an extra pair of hands is needed for anything such as beta-reading or maintaining the website, I would gladly consider helping out and contributing to the project.

Ok, I think that I have written enough here for now. Good to see some familiar names still here and that this thread hasn't been completely abandoned. Will try to stick around here at least for the next two months before autumn quarter classes begin. ~ Sequoia
        Good to see ya again! A lot of us are still here ... maybe less than before, but we're not dead! And the Sparky thread has always managed to stay on the first page of SGA Relationships.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        There is very little to be done on SGA Rising right now as we are in a holding pattern. The show has been gone so long most of us have moved on to new things, so it's not the priority it once was.

SK, stop beating yourself up. It happens to all of us. And as for using new writers, I don't see that working because there is such a large amount of information that only the present staff has access to. A tremendous amount of behind the scenes work went into this and I can't see a new person being able to step in and keep it consistent. Maybe if you know someone who is interested, they can write their own sequel.
        You all have put so much work into it, and no matter what happens in the future, take comfort in knowing that Atlantis and Co are in a better place than they were at the end of SGA's run on SyFy, thanks to you!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Went and bought a wardrobe in Ikea -- then realized that maybe my car wouldn't be big enough to transport the parts back home.

It fit -- didn't even need to puzzle, though my sister had to squeeze herself into the back.
        That actually reminds me, I have a $25 gift card for IKEA from my housewarming a couple of months ago. So far, my cat and I aren't needing anything.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        *waves* Hi Erin! Yeah I know how that goes. I've also got to know where a story's going to go before I start it if I'm ever going to finish it. You should see all the abandoned fic ideas hiding in shame on my hard drive, LOL! Fortunately, I've known all along where I'm going with WDMC, it's just the getting there that's giving me fits.
        I actually started writing Star Trek fanfic years before I ever knew of SG, and I have a whole series of stories on my hard drive that I never finished. Now I've waited too long, since my series, "Star Trek: Discovery", is now the name of the reboot series coming to CBS All-Access.

Losing the characters' voices is something that's worried me, too. Although when I see SGA posts on Tumblr, their "reactions" still sound right to me, so I guess I haven't lost it yet. But I've got my Blu-rays ready if I need 'em!
        *raises hand* Guilty. I started a hospital!SGA fic that was turning into Grey's Anatomy fanfic using SGA's people, and before I knew it, John was sounding like McDreamy.
        Last edited by ShipperWriter; 26 July 2016, 10:55 AM. Reason: I've forgotten all the emoji shortcuts... LOL

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Hey guys, popping in real quick! I'm working one day a week for now in my mother's office, which has its pros and cons but I'm currently lacking work to do so ... hey!
          Hiya! *waves*

I actually started writing Star Trek fanfic years before I ever knew of SG, and I have a whole series of stories on my hard drive that I never finished. Now I've waited too long, since my series, "Star Trek: Discovery", is now the name of the reboot series coming to CBS All-Access.
          Whoops!

*raises hand* Guilty. I started a hospital!SGA fic that was turning into Grey's Anatomy fanfic using SGA's people, and before I knew it, John was sounding like McDreamy.
          OMG! Of course, I suppose you could always spin it that the OOCness was all a painkiller-induced hallucination after one of the characters winds up in the infirmary after a mission gone crazy...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Good to see ya again! A lot of us are still here ... maybe less than before, but we're not dead! And the Sparky thread has always managed to stay on the first page of SGA Relationships.
              Good to see you here again, too!

You all have put so much work into it, and no matter what happens in the future, take comfort in knowing that Atlantis and Co are in a better place than they were at the end of SGA's run on SyFy, thanks to you!
              I second that.
              sigpic
              Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
              View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

I third that cause KATE HEIGHTMEYER is back!!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was watching my DVR recording of Suits yesterday and who should appear but David Hewlett. He's playing a mean businessman using the same tone of voice as the McKay in Vegas.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Evil McKay

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I was watching my DVR recording of Suits yesterday and who should appear but David Hewlett. He's playing a mean businessman using the same tone of voice as the McKay in Vegas.
                      Evil McKay
                      All he needs is a goatee!

Comment

I seem to be unable to picture McKay with a goatee...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I seem to be unable to picture McKay with a goatee...
                          There's a screencap of him with a kind of fuzzy one from Sanctuary here. He doesn't seem to do goatees very well...

Comment

Ah no, not that well... Doesn't give him a genuinely evil look.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Ah no, not that well... Doesn't give him a genuinely evil look.
                              Yeah, at most it's like a goofy henchman look. Which begs the question who the real evil overlord would be...

Comment

I'm signing in from Northern-Ireland, and I can see England across the Iris Sea.

Gonna visit some Game of Thrones locations in the next few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X