Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were bots. Creepy little things...
    If only we could grant those bots a spark, then they could become self aware and enjoy sparky.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Got a question about the SGA novels: I've just finished reading Casualties of War, which I thought was very good, and I was wondering if there were other novels that are actually worth reading (since I believe that people have said here before that a lot of them are really bad). I think I remember someone saying a long time ago that Mirror, Mirror is pretty good and has a lot of Sparky? Anyone have any input on which novels are actually decent and worth reading?
      Last edited by Sequoia Hope; 19 July 2016, 12:38 AM.
      sigpic
      Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
      View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

I wish I could help you but I have no experience with the novels.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          If only we could grant those bots a spark, then they could become self aware and enjoy sparky.
          Wouldn't that be awesome?

Originally posted by Sequoia Hope View Post
          Got a question about the SGA novels: I've just finished reading Casualties of War, which I thought was very good, and I was wondering if there were other novels that are actually worth reading (since I believe that people have said here before that a lot of them are really bad). I think I remember someone saying a long time ago that Mirror, Mirror is pretty good and has a lot of Sparky? Anyone have any input on which novels are actually decent and worth reading?
          The best novels are any of those written by Elizabeth Christensen and Sonny Whitelaw; CoW was Christensen's solo novel, Exogenesis and The Chosen are written by both (of those, I think The Chosen is the weakest, though it's the authors' first novel so it's understandable ). I also like Reliquary (in some spots its creepy as heck in an Alien vein), and Angelus, while set after Elizabeth's capture by the Asurans, has some VERY Sparky-ish moments. And yes, Mirror, Mirror is also a great one.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The best novels are any of those written by Elizabeth Christensen and Sonny Whitelaw; CoW was Christensen's solo novel, Exogenesis and The Chosen are written by both (of those, I think The Chosen is the weakest, though it's the authors' first novel so it's understandable ). I also like Reliquary (in some spots its creepy as heck in an Alien vein), and Angelus, while set after Elizabeth's capture by the Asurans, has some VERY Sparky-ish moments. And yes, Mirror, Mirror is also a great one.
            Thanks for the recommendations! Mirror, Mirror is arriving in the mail tomorrow, and I may order Exogenesis and Reliquary after that. I was looking through old posts on this thread, and I nearly squealed when I found out that in Mirror, Mirror
            Spoiler:
            there's a resuscitation scene when John tries to revive Elizabeth after she nearly drowns *flails helplessly* This should be good
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Thanks for the recommendations! Mirror, Mirror is arriving in the mail tomorrow, and I may order Exogenesis and Reliquary after that. I was looking through old posts on this thread, and I nearly squealed when I found out that in Mirror, Mirror
              Spoiler:
              there's a resuscitation scene when John tries to revive Elizabeth after she nearly drowns *flails helplessly* This should be good
              However good you're imagining it is...trust me, it's even better. We feasted on that scene for DAYS!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Don't know if anyone's already seen this before, as this is a 2013 video clip - but was anyone aware that Joe planned on buying the Stargate franchise and filming a Season 6 of SGA? It's a shame that people turned him down, because it seemed like he was very dedicated to the show and to the fans.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, we knew.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yeah, we'd all heard about Joe trying to buy out the franchise. I think MGM was already thinking at that point about going back to the original film, which is probably why they turned Joe down. And with all the talk they've done about their reboot, it still hasn't gone anywhere. Serves 'em right, I guess. Atlantis's revenge, and all that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Went and bought a wardrobe in Ikea -- then realized that maybe my car wouldn't be big enough to transport the parts back home.

It fit -- didn't even need to puzzle, though my sister had to squeeze herself into the back.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Went and bought a wardrobe in Ikea -- then realized that maybe my car wouldn't be big enough to transport the parts back home.

It fit -- didn't even need to puzzle, though my sister had to squeeze herself into the back.
                            Gotta love IKEA!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Hello all - I've been MIA from this thread for a few years, but I've been re-watching SGA these past few days and really got hit by nostalgia, and I thought that I would check in on the Sparkies here. For those of you who were here 3-4 years ago, you might remember me as Sparks of Atlantis, but I recently decided to change my username. You may refer to me as Sequoia Hope, Sequoia, or SH.

I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised at how quiet it is in this thread now, and I'm missing the conversations and debates and rants from 3-4 years ago. I don't suppose that there is any way now that we could bring this thread back to life, but on the off chance that people here are willing, I would love to be a part of that.

Seeing as there isn't really a discussion topic at the moment, I'm going to go ahead and ask SK and SR about SGA Rising. I've also been re-reading the episodes recently, and I just thought that I'd ask for a status update on the series, since it's been three years since Primum Movens was completed. I can't imagine how daunting the writing process must be, and I applaud the staff for undertaking this project, but I was wondering if us readers can expect the next episode to be completed and posted sometime in the near future, or if it's still a long wait away. Finally, while I am confident that the SGA Rising writers have things covered, if an extra pair of hands is needed for anything such as beta-reading or maintaining the website, I would gladly consider helping out and contributing to the project.

Ok, I think that I have written enough here for now. Good to see some familiar names still here and that this thread hasn't been completely abandoned. Will try to stick around here at least for the next two months before autumn quarter classes begin. ~ Sequoia
                                Hi!!! I do indeed remember you. Nice to hear from you again!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yikes, I hadn't meant to sound quite so dire yesterday! It's just that it's all been very very annoying, and reminders that it's there on the back burner when I'm trying not to look for them are sometimes more of a hinderance than a help. It's darkly funny in a way, I never really understood the comments that some fic writers have made about readers asking for updates actually derailing writers' motivation to write, but now I do. Whoops. Don't get me wrong, I am so glad to see that people are still very interested in the story, because it tells me that we've done right by the series and the characters, and that's what we all hoped to achieve. My mindset just isn't ready to return to play with them some more, and I've come to accept that, even if it's frustrating for all of us.

In any event, thanks for all your best wishes, things are actually going quite well now. *hugs to all*

PS: For those of you keeping up on the news about the house, we got the permits a couple of weeks ago and broke ground for the foundation! Whoo Hoo! (hmm, I really need to post some pics...) We're neck deep in selecting specifications for everything from windows and doors to plumbing fixtures and appliances (got just about everything picked out), and we're going back over to the mainland next week to look at more cabinet/counter options for the kitchen. Very busy, but very fun!

*hugs you some more* Thanks, sweetie.

Admittedly yeah, there's just not a lot that a newcomer would be able to do right now. Fortunately, the story is kind of at a point where we can take a pause and if it ends up being an end, it's a good one. Elizabeth is back home in Atlantis where she belongs, matters with Teyla and the Athosians are a bit more settled, and the situation with the Wraith is perhaps reaching an equilibrium (but still never totally trust Todd, LOL!). Our cast can not only see the light at the end of the tunnel, they're just a few feet away from it. All in all, not a bad place to be.
                                I get the feeling, SK. You're definitely not alone there. That time travel story of mine is still stalled (NEVER start a story without at least of vibe of how the plot's going to go (I know some people can do it, but clearly I'm not one of them). I've pretty much got that figured out now, but still. It was a big mistake. I probably could've finished a whole other story (that I did have planned out enough) instead, but I let myself get caught up with this one and feeling obliged to finish one before doing another.) I did manage to do two chapters last year (and it amazed me how long it had been since I'd started), but the current one is giving me trouble (I guess I'm not skilled at plotting action (one of the things that made FY stall too)). I do still hope to finish it one day, though. As much of a pain as it's been, I'd still like to see how it ends, lol!

I have sort of started an SGA rewatch recently, though. (Finished the first season/S2Ep1 today.) It made me sad when I was trying to write my fic that I've lost a lot of the character's voices (Poor Woolsey was supposed to talk and I had no idea what he'd say! Beyond generic "leader" stuff, that is. Even Rodney's not as easy as he used to be.) So maybe this'll help.
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X