• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanity is totally overrated.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah, just ask this guy.

And yeah I know that had nothing to do with what we were talking about.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Right on point. Everything you described as being the aspects of "Deadpool" that you didn't like is the exact reasons why I hate working at a high school. There's one boy that kids call an F-boy, which is apparently the modern equivalent of a witch with a B in reference to a male that has had like four different girlfriends in the last month. And I know this for a fact because I see them making out ALLOVER CAMPUS. And the language? I don't watch R-rated movies as a principle, but I hear the F-word at least 50 times a day.

But enough OT chatter. Let's get back on track with Sparky.

And I will go screw some angst... after I take a nap after school.
        And the fact that most of your high school kids aren't even old enough to see an R-rated movie is beside the point. The people trying to protect them from that F word they love so much have failed big time. I blame the parents. I know from experience that if the schools tried to instill some sort of order and old-fashioned values back into the system that the parents would all scream "My kid is an angel. He/she would never say that word. You are a liar and he/she says you have it in for him/her."

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        Personally, I think I've always found profanity to be much funnier when it's used sparingly, or saving it for big moments that deserve it. Such as that scene in X-2 where Wolverine first meets Lady Deathstrike.
        Precisely. I think people who use a lot of profanity just don't know how to think.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Does the fact that I completely agree with everything who said make me old or one of the few sane people left?
        Both.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The Deadpool movie is rated 12+ in Belgium.
          I don't know what he's rated in the US.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            And the fact that most of your high school kids aren't even old enough to see an R-rated movie is beside the point. The people trying to protect them from that F word they love so much have failed big time. I blame the parents. I know from experience that if the schools tried to instill some sort of order and old-fashioned values back into the system that the parents would all scream "My kid is an angel. He/she would never say that word. You are a liar and he/she says you have it in for him/her."

Precisely. I think people who use a lot of profanity just don't know how to think.

Both.
            OT:
            Spoiler:
            *runs into wall repeatedly out of frustration* The F-word has become a noun, verb, adjective, anything you can possibly think of. And the reason they use it IS because of their parents. "Old-fashioned values" mean nothing to these kids. When I call them down because of their language and I tell them that, yes, it's inappropriate, and I personally am bothered by their language and I don't use language like that, they stare at me like I've just grown a second head. The school system tries to enforce punishment for improper language but I think the teachers and administration is so overwhelmed by the other major stuff going on (drugs, fights, etc) that language pales in comparison. On the other hand, if they curbed the language, maybe the fights would decrease. But I'm just an interpreter - what do I know?

And you hit the nail on the head. These people that use profanity have such a limited vocabulary that they don't know what other words to use despite the fact that I've seen the vocab lists for English class.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            The Deadpool movie is rated 12+ in Belgium.
            I don't know what he's rated in the US.
            An R rating in the US means 17 and under can't see it. Unless their parent buys their ticket. And so many parents have become pushovers that they have absolutely no problem letting their kids go see these movies. I know one kid who got their dad to buy them a ticket to see "50 Shades of Grey". *vomits*
            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 10 March 2016, 04:20 AM.

Comment

OT:
              Spoiler:
              *runs into wall repeatedly out of frustration* The F-word has become a noun, verb, adjective, anything you can possibly think of. And the reason they use it IS because of their parents. "Old-fashioned values" mean nothing to these kids. When I call them down because of their language and I tell them that, yes, it's inappropriate, and I personally am bothered by their language and I don't use language like that, they stare at me like I've just grown a second head. The school system tries to enforce punishment for improper language but I think the teachers and administration is so overwhelmed by the other major stuff going on (drugs, fights, etc) that language pales in comparison. On the other hand, if they curbed the language, maybe the fights would decrease. But I'm just an interpreter - what do I know?

And you hit the nail on the head. These people that use profanity have such a limited vocabulary that they don't know what other words to use despite the fact that I've seen the vocab lists for English class.

An R rating in the US means 17 and under can't see it. Unless their parent buys their ticket. And so many parents have become pushovers that they have absolutely no problem letting their kids go see these movies. I know one kid who got their dad to buy them a ticket to see "50 Shades of Grey". *vomits*
              You said that so well, I have nothing left to say. All a part of the decline of society world wide if you ask me. Courtesy, thoughtfulness of others, selflessness...all gone with the wind. *waves cane*
              sigpic

Comment

You said that so well, I have nothing left to say. All a part of the decline of society world wide if you ask me. Courtesy, thoughtfulness of others, selflessness...all gone with the wind. *waves cane*
                But Sparky survives.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Had a double whammy of windstorms last night and lost power to nearly the entire island until about 11am. So there has been much scurrying around resetting clocks and the like. Then we had lunch.

But Sparky survives.
                  Long may it reign!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We're all young at heart anyways.
                      True.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Sanity is totally overrated.
                      Did I ever mention in here that my nickname in high school was crazy?

Both.
                      Thought so. *Wonders off to find cane.*
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        Did I ever mention in here that my nickname in high school was crazy?
                        But then, I expect we were all crazy in high school. And we've only gotten crazier since.

Comment

*peeks in*

It's my first time back here in months! What happened?

(I think the Walking Dead + new job happened, oops. And when my Photoshop trial ended, I didn't want to continue watching until I could gif again. )

Anyway, I'm hoping to get back into my re-watch. I'm still at the beginning of SG-1 9 and SGA 2, but I get the feeling I might have to re-watch the first couple episodes again.

Anything exciting happen in the last few months? I heard SGA was coming back in comic form, and I was thinking of pre-ordering it.
                          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

But then, I expect we were all crazy in high school. And we've only gotten crazier since.
                            Are we telling high school nicknames? I had several: "orange" for my hair, "tardes" given to me by some fellow members of my Spanish class because I was late every day, (I forget why) and some more I can't remember. It was a loooonnngg time ago.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                              *peeks in*

It's my first time back here in months! What happened?

(I think the Walking Dead + new job happened, oops. And when my Photoshop trial ended, I didn't want to continue watching until I could gif again. )

Anyway, I'm hoping to get back into my re-watch. I'm still at the beginning of SG-1 9 and SGA 2, but I get the feeling I might have to re-watch the first couple episodes again.

Anything exciting happen in the last few months? I heard SGA was coming back in comic form, and I was thinking of pre-ordering it.
                              I've heard there was going to be a new comic, but I haven't been paying any attention to news about it. I've washed my hands of tie-ins.

Are we telling high school nicknames? I had several: "orange" for my hair, "tardes" given to me by some fellow members of my Spanish class because I was late every day, (I forget why) and some more I can't remember. It was a loooonnngg time ago.
                              LOL, I didn't even have any high school nicknames. Now, elementary school...let's just not go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                So very true.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X