Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Saw Deadpool and had mixed feelings. I loved the humor but not the excessive violence and vulgarity. Too much graphic sex talk and action for this girl.
    No mixed feelings here, just the missed opportunity for Vanessa to tell Francis he had something between his teeth when she was gagged with the ducktape over her mouth.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Saw Deadpool and had mixed feelings. I loved the humor but not the excessive violence and vulgarity. Too much graphic sex talk and action for this girl.
      That's pretty much par for the course for Deadpool, though.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

That's pretty much par for the course for Deadpool, though.
        I was unaware of that as I knew nothing about this character. I will consider myself warned in case they make more movies.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Challenge #99 Books\Stories

JadedWraith
          Inspired by Coraline by Neil Gaimom

slizzie1986
          For my ongoing fic

sigpic
          Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Challenge #100

Copter is a bit under the weather so I will be hosting again. This week challenge is a mystery challenge. If you want in PM me with the number 1, 2, or 3:

1 for a Technical Challenge
            2 for a Song or poem for inspiration
            3 for a Character to feature

Entries will be due by PM next Monday (March 14th) at noon.
            sigpic
            Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

I guess I had something of a middle of the road between you guys' reactions to Deadpool. I was actually worried it would have been more violent than it was, so to me it was kind of a relief. And I guess humor is one of those subjective things, I think he's funnier when he doesn't rely so heavily on endless profanity.

"First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I have a hard time picking out his best lines but I did love the constant breaking of the 4th wall.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  I guess I had something of a middle of the road between you guys' reactions to Deadpool. I was actually worried it would have been more violent than it was, so to me it was kind of a relief. And I guess humor is one of those subjective things, I think he's funnier when he doesn't rely so heavily on endless profanity.
                  ITA with that. His lines were funny but profanity without a point is not, and we won't even go into the gratuitous sex. Having 2 characters who seem to have no connection except endless sex suddenly declare endless love just makes me sad. No wonder young people fall in and out of relationships with no more thought than they give to a change of socks. Sad.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I have a hard time picking out his best lines but I did love the constant breaking of the 4th wall.
                  That I liked also.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Mr Selfridge is Coming Back for a 4th and Final Season

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

ITA with that. His lines were funny but profanity without a point is not, and we won't even go into the gratuitous sex. Having 2 characters who seem to have no connection except endless sex suddenly declare endless love just makes me sad. No wonder young people fall in and out of relationships with no more thought than they give to a change of socks. Sad.

That I liked also.
                          Right on point. Everything you described as being the aspects of "Deadpool" that you didn't like is the exact reasons why I hate working at a high school. There's one boy that kids call an F-boy, which is apparently the modern equivalent of a witch with a B in reference to a male that has had like four different girlfriends in the last month. And I know this for a fact because I see them making out ALLOVER CAMPUS. And the language? I don't watch R-rated movies as a principle, but I hear the F-word at least 50 times a day.

But enough OT chatter. Let's get back on track with Sparky.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
                          And I will go screw some angst... after I take a nap after school.

Comment

Personally, I think I've always found profanity to be much funnier when it's used sparingly, or saving it for big moments that deserve it. Such as that scene in X-2 where Wolverine first meets Lady Deathstrike.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Does the fact that I completely agree with everything who said make me old or one of the few sane people left?
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Does the fact that I completely agree with everything who said make me old or one of the few sane people left?
                                We're all young at heart anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X