Happy Birthday Falcon!!!!
    Thank you.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    I forgot to look for R2-KT, darnit.
    Any hints were to look if I go again.
    Instead of "Spot Wally", we play Where is KT?:

Spoiler:
    Spot her, you can...
    * when Finn walks out of the Falcon at the rebel base, she's cruising in the background
    * again when they're scrambling around the base when they're off to destroy the starkiller base
    * a third time she's at the bottom of the screen right before Rey, Finn and Chewie arrive with the Falcon

Basically, at the rebel base - always outside.

And the 501st Legion flag can be spotted among Maz Kanata's flags.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
    Who is the R2-KT? Also, I want too see more Poe.
    R2-KT is a special made R2-droid for the daughter of Albin Johnson, the founder of the 501st. She didn't survive a brain tumor. The droid was hers. Here you can read all about R2-KT.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey guys! It's been awhile since we had a challenge, what with secret santa, advent and the holidays. There hasn't been much action on GW lately either. I'm thinking of not doing the challenge anymore, but thought I would get some feedback first. If you could please take 30 seconds to either PM me, DM me, email, FB, or just post and let me know what you think of the art challenge, I would greatly appreciate it. You can use one of these three handy responses if you would like:

1}OMG! I love the art challenges! Please don't stop posting them! I look forward to every Monday seeing what the new one is, and working on my Gimp skills!

2}I like the art challenges, and participate whenever I can. I wish you would continue them, even if it is every other week.

3} Meh. Secret santa and the advent is okay, but whatever.
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Sounds like I'm going to have to look for R2-KT!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hmm... a reason to see that movie again.
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Sometimes it almost feels like JJ Abrams exists specifically to spite me. He's taken my two favorite franchises and made movies out of them that, somehow, everybody in the world but me loves.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I don't like the Star Trek ones, if that's any consolation.

But I LOVE Star Wars.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                Sometimes it almost feels like JJ Abrams exists specifically to spite me. He's taken my two favorite franchises and made movies out of them that, somehow, everybody in the world but me loves.
                I had an "eh, they're all right I guess" reaction to new Trek. Didn't get around to seeing TFA while it was at our local theater and I'm not feeling deprived at missing it, so... *shrugs* I guess the only thing of Abrams' that I know I liked was Alias.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The new Trek movies are okay.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I can't really get into detail about the new Star Trek. If I get started talking about it, I might not be able to stop unless I force myself. Either that or I'd just overload and short circuit right at the start.

I didn't dislike The Force Awakens as quite much as all that, but, in the end, I found both movies to have kind of a similar feel that I can't say I cared for.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Tonight, I saw the National Ballet of Ukraine perform The Swan Lake.

Their prima ballerina --> <-- spectacular performances from her and the leading man, and their seconds. It was beautiful.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Tonight, I saw the National Ballet of Ukraine perform The Swan Lake.

Their prima ballerina --> <-- spectacular performances from her and the leading man, and their seconds. It was beautiful.
                        Sounds fabulous! Glad you had a great time!

Comment

I missed Falcon Horus's birthday?

Thud.gif

So sorry, sweetie! I hope you had plenty of hampster-dance.gif and 4.jpg

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          I keep thinking I should get something minion related to put in the office at work. I'm a warehouse manager but the operation is so small I have no one I get to tell what to do. A manager should have minions darnit. *shakes head*

So sorry to hear about your brother. *hugs tightly*

Other than cow dung being more useful than my sister's husband, I have nothing major to complain about. Thanks for asking.
                          Okay, that cow dung statement literally made me

And everyone deserves to have some minions! I don't get to tell anyone what to do at my job either, so it's nice to have my little minion things around me.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          That's good to hear because some people do enough complaining for all of us. My brother is a good example. He complained when he got a rebate check because he had to take it to the bank, and that the nice lady up the road gave him a casserole and he had to return the dish. I'm not exaggerating. Welcome to my world.

It's nice to come in here and find people with a good attitude.
                          I hate going to the bank to cash checks, but I wouldn't complain about free money. He's just a trip. You deserve an award for patience.

I haven't seen the new Star Wars yet, which is shocking because I was so obsessed with them all through childhood that all my yearbooks are filled with Star Wars references. But then the prequels came and my love wavered. And I hated what Abrams did with the first new Trek so much that I didn't even bother to see the next one, so I'm dreading a further degradation of my childhood fantasy world. I will go see it eventually. Maybe this weekend.

In other topics, I've been on a major River Song (Doctor Who) kick since the Christmas special and I'm realizing I always fall in love with strong, grown up, quick witted, kick ass female characters whose stories make me weep uncontrollably. Of course, with Doctor Who it is the good kind of weeping because the storytelling and acting was so phenomenal. Whereas poor Elizabeth didn't HAVE to make me (and John!) so sad if it wasn't for #%%^$^ producers.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            I missed Falcon Horus's birthday?
                            You didn't miss it, it just passed you by and you weren't looking in the right direction.

I had a blast. Two of my colleagues took me out to dinner and then to see Star Wars again. I thought they were joking when they announced their plans but clearly they had it all planned out.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            I haven't seen the new Star Wars yet, which is shocking because I was so obsessed with them all through childhood that all my yearbooks are filled with Star Wars references. But then the prequels came and my love wavered. And I hated what Abrams did with the first new Trek so much that I didn't even bother to see the next one, so I'm dreading a further degradation of my childhood fantasy world. I will go see it eventually. Maybe this weekend.
                            I'm not going to spoil you, but if I may give you a hint then it would be this: the new film reminded me a whole lot of the old ones. There's new hope.

And also BB-8 rocks it!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              You didn't miss it, it just passed you by and you weren't looking in the right direction.

I had a blast. Two of my colleagues took me out to dinner and then to see Star Wars again. I thought they were joking when they announced their plans but clearly they had it all planned out.

I'm not going to spoil you, but if I may give you a hint then it would be this: the new film reminded me a whole lot of the old ones. There's new hope.

And also BB-8 rocks it!
                              I'm glad you had such a fun birthday!!!

And that does give me some hope going into the movie, so thanks.

Comment

The thing about opinions is that they can come in just about any combination. Regardless of whatever you may think about earlier Star Wars movies, JJ Abrams' other movies or what other people think, you'll never know for sure whether you'll enjoy The Force Awakens until you see it for yourself.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X