Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
    There so many interesting looking historical shows. I'm watching "Emperor of the Sea" now. It's a Korean show I used to watch years ago.
    Sounds interesting.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      A few cute kid pics are always fun too.

Not possible. You can never have too many Minions.
      Sheesh! Who would bother people with annoying pics of their kids? No one I know of. *shifty eyes*

Hope everyone has a Safe, Happy, Healthy start to their New Year!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

What a warm welcome back! But I shouldn't have expected anything less from this group.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Hiya! I've missed you! (though I see you plenty on FB, hahaha!) *big hugs* OMG, Buttercup. That scene got me like nothing else.
        I went to see the movie again this morning with a much less crowded theater, with no one around me, so I could cry all I wanted to.

I was wondering if you were ever going to come back over here. After all, you can't spend all your time posting Minions quotes on FB. *grin*
        Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        Yes she can!!
        LOL! Oh I dunno, those Minion quotes always seem to be perfectly timed!
        I got a whole bunch of minion Christmas presents. Minion PJs, minion socks, minion refrigerator magnet, minion buttons (that I put on my work walls), and a minion 2016-2017 pocket calendar.

Oh, and Southern Red, I thought you should know
        Spoiler:
        I've gotten more into makeup and fashion. I have a whole makeup organizer now and everything. I'm still not up to doing anything fancy, but small steps. I've bought a whole ton of new clothes (since I've lost weight) and am in misses sizes instead of women's. I got a slinky black dress, skinny jeans, and knee high black boots. Now that I've gotten into it, the more I want to try more things. It only took me around 40 years, but I'm finally turning into a somewhat of a girly girl.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
        Those minion quotes are so overused.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        No, they're not.

Happy 2016 everyone.
        Some sugar and Teyla/Kate for you.

sugar.jpg

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Long time no see, JT-2.

How have you been?

Have you seen The Admiral: Roaring Currents yet?

I snagged the DVD on a whim and I love the movie. It's set during the Japanese invasion of the late 1590's and centers on the Admiral Yi Sun-Shin's stunning defeat of 330 Japanese ships using just 12 of his own.
        Hi there, mandogater!!! So nice to see you around. I didn't have the best 2015.
        Spoiler:
        My eldest brother's cancer came back and now he's terminal. But he is still hanging on and doing better than over a month ago..... the Tuesday before Thanksgiving they brought him to a Hospice center and said they thought he had 1-2 days, but then he made a turn around and is currently in a nursing home, strengthening him up so he can go back to my sister's house and live out his final days there. The fact that he made it to 2016 is amazing. I also lost my cat back in July, and my sister-in-law's (who I'm pretty close to) mother passed just a few weeks ago.

But there's been some good stuff too. I'm really hoping that this is the year I finally get to England, but I'm not sure if my friend will be able to do it this year. Even if I don't do that, I'm definitely taking a vacation of sorts. One of my Tumblr friends offered to have me visit her in Nebraska. Never been there - that would take another state or two off my "list of states I haven't yet visited" list. Besides, I love staying in hotels. Being able to use as many towels as you want and not have to clean them, taking insanely long showers.... the small things make me happy. LOL!

How are you doing?

A few cute kid pics are always fun too.

Not possible. You can never have too many Minions.
        Agreed to BOTH, absolutely!!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        Sheesh! Who would bother people with annoying pics of their kids? No one I know of. *shifty eyes*

Hope everyone has a Safe, Happy, Healthy start to their New Year!!!!
        When the kids are so adorable and cute, it's NEVER annoying.

happy-new-year-2016.jpg

Comment

Happy New Year, guys!
          Only good things to happen in your life from now on!
          (love you all, Sparkies!)
          Last edited by zbir; 02 January 2016, 04:39 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Some sugar and Teyla/Kate for you.
            Always appreciated.

And I just wrote a new K/T drabble too... although as a gift-fic to someone else.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Always appreciated.

And I just wrote a new K/T drabble too... although as a gift-fic to someone else.
              Can you please send me a link after it's been gifted?

Comment

I got a whole bunch of minion Christmas presents. Minion PJs, minion socks, minion refrigerator magnet, minion buttons (that I put on my work walls), and a minion 2016-2017 pocket calendar.
                I got an Evil Minion mug at Universal. Mainly because the yellow was just too cheerful for mornings and I like the purple color. Plus, it says "I don't do mornings" on the back. Perfect for me.

Oh, and Southern Red, I thought you should know
                Spoiler:
                I've gotten more into makeup and fashion. I have a whole makeup organizer now and everything. I'm still not up to doing anything fancy, but small steps. I've bought a whole ton of new clothes (since I've lost weight) and am in misses sizes instead of women's. I got a slinky black dress, skinny jeans, and knee high black boots. Now that I've gotten into it, the more I want to try more things. It only took me around 40 years, but I'm finally turning into a somewhat of a girly girl.
                Well, I'm certainly glad I was sitting down for that one.
                Spoiler:
                You must post a pic on FB. But not like the one my husband's cousin put up. It was so photoshopped (and badly), he didn't recognize her. Go and look at my friends. It will only take you a second to find her. The whole fam is loling. This woman is almost 70 years old.

So sorry to hear about your brother.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Can you please send me a link after it's been gifted?
                  I shall.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

What a warm welcome back! But I shouldn't have expected anything less from this group.
                    Darn right.

I went to see the movie again this morning with a much less crowded theater, with no one around me, so I could cry all I wanted to.
                    Oh dear.

Awesome!

And I too am sorry to hear about your brother. *big hugs*

I got an Evil Minion mug at Universal. Mainly because the yellow was just too cheerful for mornings and I like the purple color. Plus, it says "I don't do mornings" on the back. Perfect for me.
                    LOL!

Originally posted by zbir View Post
                    Happy New Year, guys!
                    Only good things to happen in your life from now on!
                    (love you all, Sparkies!)
                    Happy New Year to you as well! Great to see you!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, that's way too perfect for mornings!! I love it!

Well, I'm certainly glad I was sitting down for that one.
                      Spoiler:
                      You must post a pic on FB. But not like the one my husband's cousin put up. It was so photoshopped (and badly), he didn't recognize her. Go and look at my friends. It will only take you a second to find her. The whole fam is loling. This woman is almost 70 years old.

So sorry to hear about your brother.
                      I'll get some pictures taken when I wear the dress. I really like it, and I think it looks very sharp with the long boots. And yes, I found that picture right away. Wow. Bad Photoshop. Very bad Photoshop.

And thank you.

I shall.
                      Yay!

And I too am sorry to hear about your brother. *big hugs*
                      Thanks. You're all so sweet.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

*gives out hugs to everyone just because I feel like it*
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Not at all a lazy sunday...

* worked on filling more fandom stockings
                          * spent the last 2 hours printing out maps for my roadtrip tomorrow

My sister thinks we're not going to be able to visit all the Gallo-Roman tumuli on my list. I, too, have my doubts when I look at the list. But it's nevertheless still more fun than going to work.

Comment

It's reading Sunday here. I got new books from the library yesterday.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Hi there, mandogater!!! So nice to see you around. I didn't have the best 2015.
                              Spoiler:
                              My eldest brother's cancer came back and now he's terminal. But he is still hanging on and doing better than over a month ago..... the Tuesday before Thanksgiving they brought him to a Hospice center and said they thought he had 1-2 days, but then he made a turn around and is currently in a nursing home, strengthening him up so he can go back to my sister's house and live out his final days there. The fact that he made it to 2016 is amazing. I also lost my cat back in July, and my sister-in-law's (who I'm pretty close to) mother passed just a few weeks ago.

But there's been some good stuff too. I'm really hoping that this is the year I finally get to England, but I'm not sure if my friend will be able to do it this year. Even if I don't do that, I'm definitely taking a vacation of sorts. One of my Tumblr friends offered to have me visit her in Nebraska. Never been there - that would take another state or two off my "list of states I haven't yet visited" list. Besides, I love staying in hotels. Being able to use as many towels as you want and not have to clean them, taking insanely long showers.... the small things make me happy. LOL!

How are you doing?
                              I keep thinking I should get something minion related to put in the office at work. I'm a warehouse manager but the operation is so small I have no one I get to tell what to do. A manager should have minions darnit. *shakes head*

So sorry to hear about your brother. *hugs tightly*

Other than cow dung being more useful than my sister's husband, I have nothing major to complain about. Thanks for asking.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

Other than cow dung being more useful than my sister's husband, I have nothing major to complain about. Thanks for asking.
                                That's good to hear because some people do enough complaining for all of us. My brother is a good example. He complained when he got a rebate check because he had to take it to the bank, and that the nice lady up the road gave him a casserole and he had to return the dish. I'm not exaggerating. Welcome to my world.

It's nice to come in here and find people with a good attitude.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X