Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    My team is doing so badly in the European Qualifiers that I don't think I want to speak of it.
    The Netherlands by any chance?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup! It's a good day in Atlantis as Air Force smacked Morgan State 63-7, and Navy beat Colgate 48-10. USC clobbered Arkansas State 55-6, Georgia beat Louisiana Monroe 51-14, and Virginia Tech will be playing Ohio State on Monday evening (Go Hokies!).
      Go Hokies indeed.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Every time someone mentions football, I think of soccer, and I'm from the US. Is that a bit strange, or...
        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
          Every time someone mentions football, I think of soccer, and I'm from the US. Is that a bit strange, or...
          You must have a European mind.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Go Hokies indeed.
            Whoo hoo!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            You must have a European mind.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

just a reminder.............

Challenge # 87

This week the challenge is this fill-in-the-blank quote:

"_______________ makes the world go round"

You decide what makes the world goes round, then make art or fan fic about it. You can include the quote if you wish but you do not have to.

This challenge will be due in 2 weeks, on Monday September 14th.

I will post a reminder on Monday September 7th.
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Well, yesterday's wind got so bad that power was knocked out for about an hour. But hey, it was just an hour!

gateraid! Nice to see you!

Right back at ya

And he also has the very bad habit of not taking advantage of when that opposite is superior to his intention.
                I guess you could say the same about all of them really. Even Carl Binder.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                Time to watch 'The Real World' then?
                Why not? Throw in Progeny and Common Ground too

Oh, I read his comments on that, but, honestly, my love of the ship comes from the actors' input into their characters' interactions. I'm not relying on the writers to develop a good ship anywhere in Stargate; they either mess them up, shove them in my face, or completely ignore actual chemistry.

What I love about sparky is that people can totally take them as just friends if they want to; with other certain ships we can't do that, and it's extremely annoying, so ambiguity is fine. (Even though I swear the chemistry is there. )
                Agreed. Although I do wonder what would have happened if they'd been told to portray ship. The instances where Joe had to seemed more awkward than enamouring. Again, perception.

No comment on Dark Matter, but I decided to watch the pilot of Killjoys just to see. At first I liked it and thought it might be a bit like Firefly, but as it went along I realized I didn't like any of the characters and there was no humor. Those are my 2 absolute musts for any show. If you like dark violence and murky moral situations, this is your thing. There is a badass female character I almost liked, so that might win you over.
                I like murky moral situations, but in combination with liking the characters. BSG turned out to be one of my favourite ever shoes, but if they'd had any more focus on Kara & Lee I'd have chucked it in. I also have never heard of any of these shows. I am so out of the loop
                sigpic

Comment

Go Hokies indeed.
                  Yes. Yes. Go Hokies!!!! Make those Buckeye fans cry.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Our condolences to Virginia Tech. Curse you, Ohio State!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    Agreed. Although I do wonder what would have happened if they'd been told to portray ship. The instances where Joe had to seemed more awkward than enamouring. Again, perception.
                    And instinct. The scenes where the actors aren't compelled by the script to fake it turned out far more natural.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    I like murky moral situations, but in combination with liking the characters. BSG turned out to be one of my favourite ever shoes, but if they'd had any more focus on Kara & Lee I'd have chucked it in.
                    Indeed. Though I was more fed up with Baltar and Caprica Six.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

At some point, I mainly watched BSG for Roslin and Adama.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

To me, Battlestar's sort of a fascinating example of how different of a perspective people can have from watching the same content. I remember having quite a few strong opinions on various things by the end of the show, but they are often totally different from other people's are. Both about the show itself and the characters in the show. I've mentioned some of them elsewhere on gateworld. But at times both the show itself and some of the opinions I've read about it, felt so far diverged from what made any sense to me that they seemed insane. And I imagine the reverse would be true as well.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Our condolences to Virginia Tech. Curse you, Ohio State!

Thanks. Not only did we lose but a 300 pound behemoth broke our quarterback's collar bone.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          To me, Battlestar's sort of a fascinating example of how different of a perspective people can have from watching the same content. I remember having quite a few strong opinions on various things by the end of the show, but they are often totally different from other people's are. Both about the show itself and the characters in the show. I've mentioned some of them elsewhere on gateworld. But at times both the show itself and some of the opinions I've read about it, felt so far diverged from what made any sense to me that they seemed insane. And I imagine the reverse would be true as well.
                          I think that's true about just about any show. We tried several times to get into BSG but it just couldn't hold our interest. Maybe it was because we watched and liked the original. I just didn't like any of the characters enough to care what happened to them.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Thanks. Not only did we lose but a 300 pound behemoth broke our quarterback's collar bone.
                            Ouch!

Comment

Hey all I am in the middle of a rewatch of all of SG in the middle of season 4 of SGA it is not as painful now but it became a different show still miss Elizabeth
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

The Tau of Rodney was just on TV here yesterday. It's always weird seeing old episodes I haven't seen in a while again. But even in a Rodney centric episode like that, there was enough John and Elizabeth being John and Elizabeth that it was another stark reminder of just how baffling it was for the showrunners to miss how much chemistry she had with him and the rest of the cast.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X