Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
    Okay, I watched Siege one again. Grodin! *sniffs* I needs a hug.
    Back when deaths actually meant something......unlike in Sunday when they got to the end then realised they had to kill Carson

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I miss Krisrussel and Anuna....
    The good old days

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
    Recently watched the Seige III. The hug! THE HUG. The lingering, bordering on awkward look they give each other in their close proximity. The relief that they're both safe.
    <snip>
    I'll regret saying this, but "in isolation" I can understand Gero's "sometimes a hug is just a hug" remark during the commentary. He does have a habit of writing things that turn out on screen to be the opposite of what he intended *cough*TS/TE*cough*LFP*cough*cough**cough*Conversion*cough*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    And then there are days I think it could be The Eye, or The Real World, or Lifeline... *sighs* Those two.
    The scene in Weir's quarters in The Return (sexual tension much?????), the bloodless coup tag scene in CDT, the I-said-on-the-commentary-that-I-only-wrote-this-to-illustrate-the-passage-of-time-so-I-literally-could-have-written-anything-else scene in Misbegotten, and what every couple faces......the argument (the whole episode) etc in First Strike

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I am enjoying this story tremendously. You have nailed John perfectly. I can just see him acting just this way.
    return.jpg

Nail John perfectly huh? Challenge accepted
    sigpic

Comment

In one of my Harvest Moon games, I named the cats Rodney, Lizzie, John, and Carson. Lizzie and John hang out on the farm a lot. Mostly on the roof.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Well, yesterday's wind got so bad that power was knocked out for about an hour. But hey, it was just an hour!

gateraid! Nice to see you!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Back when deaths actually meant something......unlike in Sunday when they got to the end then realised they had to kill Carson
        Yep.

I'll regret saying this, but "in isolation" I can understand Gero's "sometimes a hug is just a hug" remark during the commentary. He does have a habit of writing things that turn out on screen to be the opposite of what he intended *cough*TS/TE*cough*LFP*cough*cough**cough*Conversion*cough*
        And he also has the very bad habit of not taking advantage of when that opposite is superior to his intention.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40938[/ATTACH]

Nail John perfectly huh? Challenge accepted

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
        In one of my Harvest Moon games, I named the cats Rodney, Lizzie, John, and Carson. Lizzie and John hang out on the farm a lot. Mostly on the roof.
        Hah, that's so cute! They've got their own balcony!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Time to watch 'The Real World' then?
              sigpic

Comment

Challenge #86 was a redo/catch up.

taris-eiren
                challenge #85 - 6 TV icons

slizzie1986
                Challenge #79 Tropical\Beach\Summer:

challenge #86 tv icons

FalconHorus
                challenge 06 - minor character

Challenge 07: Dinosaurs

ohalis
                Challenge #31 - All three rules and the add noise filter was used

RodneyisGodney
                challenge #86 - 6(7) tv icons

sigpic

Comment

Challenge # 87

This week the challenge is this fill-in-the-blank quote:

"_______________ makes the world go round"

You decide what makes the world goes round, then make art or fan fic about it. You can include the quote if you wish but you do not have to.

This challenge will be due in 2 weeks, on Monday September 14th.

I will post a reminder on Monday September 7th.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Gorgeous artworks this week; my fave has to be ohalis's poster for The Long Kiss Goodbye, followed by Falcon Horus's Kate Heightmeyer banner.

Comment

That is a nice 'Long Goodbye' poster.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

First of all, I love that Long Goodbye poster! Seriously, that kind of thing should be showcased on the site somewhere. Ohalis, you should tweet it to Joe or Torri!

Secondly, I just finished Dark Matter, and I was so happy to see Torri again. I have to say, though, that she had the funniest accent, and I don't even know if it was intentional lmao. It was subtle, but it still sounded strange for her, like a valley girl accent, which wasn't something I expected from her character. Then again, nobody knows when or where the show takes place, so maybe it really is a characteristic of her part of the galaxy.

I'll regret saying this, but "in isolation" I can understand Gero's "sometimes a hug is just a hug" remark during the commentary. He does have a habit of writing things that turn out on screen to be the opposite of what he intended *cough*TS/TE*cough*LFP*cough*cough**cough*Conversion*cough*[/I]
                          Oh, I read his comments on that, but, honestly, my love of the ship comes from the actors' input into their characters' interactions. I'm not relying on the writers to develop a good ship anywhere in Stargate; they either mess them up, shove them in my face, or completely ignore actual chemistry.

What I love about sparky is that people can totally take them as just friends if they want to; with other certain ships we can't do that, and it's extremely annoying, so ambiguity is fine. (Even though I swear the chemistry is there. )
                          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Yeah, if anyone was wondering about my final verdict on Season 1 of Dark Matter, I can say I found it entertaining enough to watch and I'm interested in what comes in Season 2.

It's not like super amazing or anything, and I didn't like it as much as SGA for instance, but I think I would probably recommend it.

I will say that you can see the potential for problems down the road. Perhaps even some of the very same ones that also plagued Stargate Atlantis.

For example, Zoie Plamer plays the ship's Android. The character comes across very similar to a female version of Data from Star Trek. She's a machine so it's established she's super baddass and dangerous when she gets into a fight (which admittedly is rare).

However, given the fact that many episodes require bad guys to be a menace to the crew, they very often need to contrive ways to remove her from the equation. Even though she's got some kind of sub plot of her own going on, this makes me wonder if they are eventually going to struggle to figure out what to do with her.

She ended up getting getting incapacitated via the same exact ambush three separate times over the course of just a few episodes.

Oh and for the record, Torri and David appear only a handful of times in small roles, but I forgot to mention last time that another Stargate Alumni in the show as a regular is the actress who played the princess in Harmony. (And also young Adria over in SG-1).

I know that might not seem like a good thing, based on what I'm sure are all your traumatic memories of that episode. But she does do a good job in the show and I totally did not recognize her at all at first. It does help that she's over 10 years older now.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Still not watching Dark Matter. Might give Killjoys a shot...
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Still not watching Dark Matter. Might give Killjoys a shot...
                                No comment on Dark Matter, but I decided to watch the pilot of Killjoys just to see. At first I liked it and thought it might be a bit like Firefly, but as it went along I realized I didn't like any of the characters and there was no humor. Those are my 2 absolute musts for any show. If you like dark violence and murky moral situations, this is your thing. There is a badass female character I almost liked, so that might win you over.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X