No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sci-fi episode of Castle was just on up here. That one's gotta be my favorite episode of the show. It was so amazingly preposterously silly and awesome at the same time. And I'd actually forgotten how many surprisingly obscure and real references there are mixed in with the cameos and the made up sci-fi jargon, and they were half the fun. There was even a direct reference to one particular line from Star Trek: The Next Generation. There is basicallyNo way would anyone who didn't regularly watch that show get it. Then again, the episode was directed by Commander Riker himself so, maybe that's why it got in.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

That was a good Castle episode. There was also a reference to 'that Josh Whedon show'.

When talking about fave science fiction nobody seems to mention ours though.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Because Stargate isn't as popular as any of the others. We might think it is, but I know better.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
          I have to wait three seasons before it gets interesting? Personally, I prefer Deep Space Nine. Never saw that one when it was on the air though. Watched TNG as a kid, and Voyager in my teens. (Both shows are due for a re-watch.)
          We watched all the Trek shows, mostly I think out of habit, but I agree that Enterprise wasn't quite as good. We liked TNG the least, however, because it had less action and more "diplomacy" which got boring. I much preferred Babylon 5 over DS9, but loved parts of DS9, particularly the characters.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Because Stargate isn't as popular as any of the others. We might think it is, but I know better.
          Very true. Most people I mention it to have never heard of it.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
            Oh, nooo. I forgot I have to watch SGU after SGA.

Then again, I don't own the series, nor does it seem to be on Netflix, so maybe I can save it for later.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            We watched all the Trek shows, mostly I think out of habit, but I agree that Enterprise wasn't quite as good. We liked TNG the least, however, because it had less action and more "diplomacy" which got boring. I much preferred Babylon 5 over DS9, but loved parts of DS9, particularly the characters.
            I never even watched Enterprise. I got bored/burned out on Star Trek partway through Voyager; I think that may be why I recognized the signs so early on when Universe didn't start out so hot.

Very true. Most people I mention it to have never heard of it.
            Yeah, most non-fandom people have never heard of Babylon 5, either. Their loss.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've heard of, but haven't seen Babylon 5. So, I prefer Deep Space Nine.
              sigpic

Comment

I've heard of, but haven't seen Babylon 5. So, I prefer Deep Space Nine.
                Babylon 5 had the best ship in the history of ships. Why? Because it was done and done right without all that nonsense that comes with wondering who the hero will choose. They proved that ship doesn't kill a show.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'd watch Deep Space Nine if I could find it online. Is it streaming anywhere?
                  sigpic

Comment

Well regarding that episode of Castle, Stargate isn't as well known as a lot of shows and it's not like Stargate was the only sci-fi show that wasn't mentioned.

To the best of my knowledge, Stargate was mentioned on the Simpsons and once very briefly in the Big Bang Theory. Neither one treated the show with much respect though.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I missed both those mentions. What happened?
                      sigpic

Comment

Many of the Big Bang Theory's nerdy references are just completely made up, and I suspect this is one of them, because I can't think of any episode he was describing that applies to their situation at all.

And the Simpsons one, I knew about but didn't actually see until I looked it up.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Although in finding those two videos, I realized I had forgotten this one.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Heh, haven't really seen Archer. Simpsons- uh, wouldn't he have beamed out?
                            sigpic

Comment

I have to wait three seasons before it gets interesting? Personally, I prefer Deep Space Nine. Never saw that one when it was on the air though. Watched TNG as a kid, and Voyager in my teens. (Both shows are due for a re-watch.)
                              There's episodes I liked in every season just can't think of any that are in the early seasons off the top of my head.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Babylon 5 had the best ship in the history of ships. Why? Because it was done and done right without all that nonsense that comes with wondering who the hero will choose. They proved that ship doesn't kill a show.
                                Amen to that. B5 is AWESOME and any of you who haven't seen it yet should definitely make the effort to check it out.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X