Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Summer has arrived and we're going to hit 40 degrees celsius over the weekend, which is TOO HOT FOR ME!

Anywho, we're painting our new flat... Kitchen is done. Livingroom almost. Bedrooms need a second layer. And however much I try, there always seems to be more paint on my hands than on my brush.
    See now, 40 degrees... that's when summer starts where I grew up.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Summer in the high desert makes me miss my coastal town.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I wish they had developed the "Real SHIELD" storyline more and let it run for a while longer (it could've been a possible hook for Civil War), and not even gotten into the Inhumans storyline for at least another year. The Inhumans movie isn't coming until 2019 (was originally scheduled for 2018, but the new MCU Spider-Man pushed back most of Phase 3), so it felt a little early to be getting into that.
        Yeah, I can see that. There was definitely more potential with the "Real" Shield and it felt kind of rushed/wasted. I guess since the Inhumans is a pretty little-known property for most people, they figured they'd better get a jump start
        Spoiler:
        (plus it might have all been just to finally push Skye in the direction of becoming Quake so they could do the Secret Warriors storyline and since there aren't any mutants they had to do an Inhumans storyline first for it to make sense).

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Spoiler:
        She's only in the season 1 finale. I don't get Disney XD so I haven't seen any of season 2 yet.
        Spoiler:
        I haven't seen it either, but I've seen the trailer for Season 2 (which looks awesome) and she's definitely in it. I'm torn between wanting Ahsoka and Vader to have a confrontation because of all the delicious angst and wanting her to live, haha.

Originally posted by ohalis View Post
        Dropping off another Sparky piece:

That's beautiful! Great choice of pics and colors and I love how you've got the quotes.
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Thirty-Eight Minutes, one of my faves. That's a great piece of art!

Summer has arrived and we're going to hit 40 degrees celsius over the weekend, which is TOO HOT FOR ME!

Anywho, we're painting our new flat... Kitchen is done. Livingroom almost. Bedrooms need a second layer. And however much I try, there always seems to be more paint on my hands than on my brush.
          Been pretty warm out here, too. But it's much hotter east of the Cascades, where there's a couple of very nasty wildfires burning. And then yesterday apparently a couple of idiots started a series of fires along I-5 north of Seattle. WTF?!?

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
          Yeah, I can see that. There was definitely more potential with the "Real" Shield and it felt kind of rushed/wasted. I guess since the Inhumans is a pretty little-known property for most people, they figured they'd better get a jump start
          Spoiler:
          (plus it might have all been just to finally push Skye in the direction of becoming Quake so they could do the Secret Warriors storyline and since there aren't any mutants they had to do an Inhumans storyline first for it to make sense).
          Oh, absolutely. I'm guessing maybe
          Spoiler:
          they're going to try to tie in Secret Warriors to Civil War somehow, but seeing how weak AoS's previous tie-ins to the films have been and that they're probably going to have to save a lot of big Inhumans stuff for the Inhumans movie, I'm not holding out hope that it's going to be a really impressive thing.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'd definitely tune in for that! At this point I'd settle for Joe and Torri voice acting in the same episode, of any show. I'm not sure either would be interested in that sort of thing, but Torri was Circe in Mythic Warriors.
            Yeah, same, I'd be here for that. If they were working within the same vicinity, that would be great.

Is Mythic Warriors an animation?

Everyone's work is gorgeous The River Song postcard is especially clever. What a great pick me up for anyone who's freezing in the southern hemisphere. This my entry, (as a Probie I can't send or receive PMs):

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3735/18673853004_1a4390c167.jpg
            These are gorgeous!
            Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 01 July 2015, 09:33 AM.
            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Trying not to move too much... it's too warm. I'll melt if I move. And so not looking forward to another warm night. Already planning on spending my weekend in my tent in my parents' garden - unless there's a warning for thunderstorms.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Trying not to move too much... it's too warm. I'll melt if I move. And so not looking forward to another warm night. Already planning on spending my weekend in my tent in my parents' garden - unless there's a warning for thunderstorms.
                Exactly why I can't be outside. Not that I'd want to when it's humid. Bleh.
                rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I haven't seen it either, but I've seen the trailer for Season 2 (which looks awesome) and she's definitely in it. I'm torn between wanting Ahsoka and Vader to have a confrontation because of all the delicious angst and wanting her to live, haha.
                  Spoiler:
                  I think I read something about that happening on the Rebels thread here.

The humidity has been a pain in the back side around here lately. I'm convinced I've already lost a pant size just from going to work.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    The humidity has been a pain in the back side around here lately. I'm convinced I've already lost a pant size just from going to work.
                    Well, that's a plus, right?
                    rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Ugh, humidity is so not my friend when it's hot.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It cooled down a bit - not much but I'll take it.

However, hot trains mean I don't do much writing and I was working on a ficcie.

Comment

Where I live, it's a dry heat. Yesterday was like 90 something.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I like how this has become a weather thread, lol.

While everyone I know around the country is sweltering, it's become nice and windy here, sitting at the low 70s. Life is good.
                            rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

As long as nobody has to report massive waves and terrible storms... we should be okay. Otherwise, it would require a Zelenka to fix the shield-problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                                I like how this has become a weather thread, lol.

While everyone I know around the country is sweltering, it's become nice and windy here, sitting at the low 70s. Life is good.
                                Sometimes that's all we have to talk about. My report is that it's unseasonably cool and damp here. Mr. SR and I went to the National Geographic Museum yesterday to see the Indiana Jones exhibit and I wore a sweater. The exhibit was fabulous, by the way.

Right now I'm wearing my winter bathrobe and slippers.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X