No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is seriously jealous of your remote living area.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Couldn't get onto the forum at all yesterday; the main site, no problem, but trying to bring up the forum kept giving me a database error page. Guess it's all sorted out now.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Cool. When we went down a few weeks ago, we had to stop in the road on the way up the mountain and let a group of wild turkeys pass. Loving it.
      Sweet!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

On this Memorial Day, please take a moment to remember those who gave their lives in service to our nation.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

On this Memorial Day, please take a moment to remember those who gave their lives in service to our nation.
          Absolutely.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

My nation isn't your nation - but our nation has fallen soldiers too, and plenty foreign soldiers to remember too (millions in fact).

But it isn't memorial day here. We have other days alloted to the memorial of fallen soldiers. Which isn't to say we don't remember them on any other day, of course, don't get me wrong here. Plus, we have the ongoing remembrance of WWI going on.

We're having a holy holiday. The last one of May sadly... no more holidays for me until the 11th of July (which is a saturday and of course I don't have to work on a saturday - but I'm getting that day on the 10th).

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Hey guys! Sorry for such a late posting of the challenge! Since Raduzhok didn't receive any submissions for the challenge, we are going to extend it for another week!

Entries are now due June 1st, to Raduzhok.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenge #76

Greetings fellow artisans!

I will be hosting the challenge this week for mrscopterdoc.

The theme will be a logo for a website.

I would like two pieces from each person.

The picture below will be one piece, and your magic touch and the words Our Heart
              Gardens need to be displayed.

The size should be 426 x 400

The Logo/Badge can be up to 25mb each.

The second submission will be also a logo, but of your own vision for Our Heart Gardens,
              using the words within the piece. The dimensions are the same.

Please visit the following URL: http://www.ourheartgardens.com/

Here you will see what this endeavor is dedicated to creating. A logo will be placed
              on the home page, and used on any site with which Our Heart Gardens is associated.

This is strictly volunteer, for fun and for free, with no payment of any kind to be excepted. However the name of the artist whose piece is used, will accompany any placement of it.

All submissions should be submitted by Monday June 2st, 2015, by 1:00 pm, EST.

Any questions, please PM Raduzhok. Most important, have fun!
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                My nation isn't your nation - but our nation has fallen soldiers too, and plenty foreign soldiers to remember too (millions in fact).

But it isn't memorial day here. We have other days alloted to the memorial of fallen soldiers. Which isn't to say we don't remember them on any other day, of course, don't get me wrong here. Plus, we have the ongoing remembrance of WWI going on.
                Hmm. I hope you're not interpreting this to mean that we only ever remember our fallen soldiers on this day, because we don't. We remember them all the time, this is just a day specifically dedicated to their remembrance.

We're having a holy holiday. The last one of May sadly... no more holidays for me until the 11th of July (which is a saturday and of course I don't have to work on a saturday - but I'm getting that day on the 10th).
                Hope you had a great time, and that your next holiday in July will be just as awesome (if not even more so!).

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Hmm. I hope you're not interpreting this to mean that we only ever remember our fallen soldiers on this day, because we don't. We remember them all the time, this is just a day specifically dedicated to their remembrance.
                  Oh no... wasn't thinking that at all.

There's always something - a story, or an image you see somewhere, or whatever - which causes that moment you remember them.

We shall remember them.

Comment

It's sort of interesting, for me personally, having ties to more than one nation on such days that commemorate somber anniversaries. Canada has it's Remembrance Day on the 11th of November, which I think is a Commonwealth Nation thing.

Although I'm also part Armenian, so the most poignant anniversary was just last month with the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.

Interestingly, both happen to commemorate dates from World War I.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning (yikes, almost noon!), Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Oh no... wasn't thinking that at all.

There's always something - a story, or an image you see somewhere, or whatever - which causes that moment you remember them.

We shall remember them.
                      Indeed we shall.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      It's sort of interesting, for me personally, having ties to more than one nation on such days that commemorate somber anniversaries. Canada has it's Remembrance Day on the 11th of November, which I think is a Commonwealth Nation thing.

Although I'm also part Armenian, so the most poignant anniversary was just last month with the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.

Interestingly, both happen to commemorate dates from World War I.
                      Wow, that's definitely a much more unique perspective than most of us have!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Hey I've been wondering guys, for those of you who have been struggled with finding one's muse for your SGA fics, much like I am, do you find your muse just vanishes for a while or moves onto something else? Because mine is pretty active actually, it just refuses to help me with that one story I was working on.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            Hey I've been wondering guys, for those of you who have been struggled with finding one's muse for your SGA fics, much like I am, do you find your muse just vanishes for a while or moves onto something else? Because mine is pretty active actually, it just refuses to help me with that one story I was working on.
                            Mine took the last train out of town about 2 years ago and left no forwarding address.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Mine's around, except, due to what I can only classify as horrible boredom at work, both me and my muse are horribly frustrated and thus wholy incapable of putting anything to paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Mine took the last train out of town about 2 years ago and left no forwarding address.
                                Same with my SGA muse. Permanently AWOL, it seems.

Comment

Working...
                                X