Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Does anyone know exactly how these themes work? I still see my title as Stannis Baratheon, but I have no longer "Lost control of my Dragons."

Last theme I think I saw myself as "Mrs Patmore" for like 2 weeks. I began to wonder if it had actually replaced "Major" in the US Airforce ranks.

EDIT: OK, so it affects individual posts then? Because I see this post as "Major" and the other ones as "Stannis Baratheon".
    Was the last theme Downton Abbey? Noooo I missed it. D: I wouldn't have expected that kind of show to be on here, lol.
    rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Another sunny (but cool) day in the Pacific Northwest. Time to play in the storage unit without freezing our butts off!

Comment

Hello fellow Sparkies. I'm back.
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Any of you guys read the Atlantis novels by Fandemonium and spot any hint of Sparky in there?
              rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                Any of you guys read the Atlantis novels by Fandemonium and spot any hint of Sparky in there?
                Uh, no. Those books focus hugely on Sheyla. Or at least they did. I heard that MGM made them stop. The authors used to write Sheyla fanfic, so just incorporated that somewhat into the books.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

A kind warning from a lovable lemming - DON'T TOUCH THOSE BOOKS WITH A TEN FOOT POLE!!!

Or any foot pole.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Uh, no. Those books focus hugely on Sheyla. Or at least they did. I heard that MGM made them stop. The authors used to write Sheyla fanfic, so just incorporated that somewhat into the books.
                    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    A kind warning from a lovable lemming - DON'T TOUCH THOSE BOOKS WITH A TEN FOOT POLE!!!

Or any foot pole.
                    This, all of this so much, stay far away from any of the books labeled "Legacy," it's nothing but anti-Sparky. However, before Fandemonium gave that group of authors control, the books were written by a variety of authors and more closely resembled the TV series in it's mostly gen with occasional teasing hints environment. If you can find them, I recommend any of the novels written by Sonny Whitelaw and Elizabeth Christensen, especially "Exogenesis" and "Casualties of War."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Or any foot pole.
                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        This, all of this so much, stay far away from any of the books labeled "Legacy," it's nothing but anti-Sparky. However, before Fandemonium gave that group of authors control, the books were written by a variety of authors and more closely resembled the TV series in it's mostly gen with occasional teasing hints environment. If you can find them, I recommend any of the novels written by Sonny Whitelaw and Elizabeth Christensen, especially "Exogenesis" and "Casualties of War."
                        LOL

Thanks for the heads up. I have the first two Atlantis books, but they're not part of the Legacy series. Looks like I'll be sticking to unpublished fanfic, since these books are just fanfiction in hard copy, are they not?

I will look at those two books mentioned.
                        rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

LOL

Thanks for the heads up. I have the first two Atlantis books, but they're not part of the Legacy series. Looks like I'll be sticking to unpublished fanfic, since these books are just fanfiction in hard copy, are they not?

I will look at those two books mentioned.
                          Pretty much!

Comment

Challenge #72

*****has been extended a week since I only have one entry*****

This week’s art challenge is a spin on the mystery challenge. Everyone will have something different, but this time I am not picking it, it will be totally random.

First, go to flickr.com. You do NOT have to join if you do not want to. I did not. In the top left, click “explore”, and in the drop down menu click on “recent photos”. On that page, pick and save 2-3 photos that you will use for your art.

Then, go to quotationspage.com. On the left side, click on ‘random quotes’. Pick a random quote, but only use 3-8 words from the quote, do not use the entire quote.

That is what you will use for your art this week! You can do this as many times as you want, make as much art as you want.

For me this was fun because the pictures and words are already picked out, I didn’t have to search for ‘the perfect picture’. I could just put them together and then play around. I hope you have fun with it too!

If you want to want fanfic, do the same steps. The pictures will either be inspiration or the setting for your story and the quote will the first sentence.

Let me know if there are any questions!

Entries are due to me by noon your time, Monday April 27th
                            ******************************************************
                            sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to start my Atlantis re-watch. It's the only thing that is going to get me through the last three seasons of SG-1.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Pretty much!
                              Actually, this is something I find funny about a few complaints I've seen regarding the virtual series Rising being too Sparky-centric. If a published series can get away with Sheyla, how is incorporating more of John and Elizabeth's relationship in a completely fan-run, fan-driven, non-profit project any worse? (Or even bad? Heh.) Besides, it doesn't even take up most of the story.

I'm assuming the Legacy books were meant "for the fans by the fans," too.
                              rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I can't wait to start my Atlantis re-watch. It's the only thing that is going to get me through the last three seasons of SG-1.
                                Oh dear...

Actually, this is something I find funny about a few complaints I've seen regarding the virtual series Rising being too Sparky-centric. If a published series can get away with Sheyla, how is incorporating more of John and Elizabeth's relationship in a completely fan-run, fan-driven, non-profit project any worse? (Or even bad? Heh.) Besides, it doesn't even take up most of the story.

I'm assuming the Legacy books were meant "for the fans by the fans," too.
                                Curious indeed, since all of the comments on Atlantis Rising I've seen have been very positive. One has to wonder what the preferences of those complaining are...

Comment

Working...
                                X