Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    They separated the bomb from it's detenation mechanism, and destroyed both parts separately. Apparently, still very spectacular.

It was a British bomb, dropped during the bombardements ten days before the landing of allied troops in Normandy (1th of June 1944). It was supposed to blow up the railroad in order to cut off potential supply-routes for the German troops.
    Glad to know all went well. Sounds like it wasn't a Tallboy, thankfully. Trained or not, I think I would have wet myself if I had to defuse an old earthquake bomb.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

They separated the bomb from it's detenation mechanism, and destroyed both parts separately. Apparently, still very spectacular.

It was a British bomb, dropped during the bombardements ten days before the landing of allied troops in Normandy (1th of June 1944). It was supposed to blow up the railroad in order to cut off potential supply-routes for the German troops.
      Amazing. And we take a moment to thank the British for destroying those supply lines before my dad got there.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning! It's the last track day of the season for me, which means I get my afternoons and Friday nights back! I will miss the overtime, though.

Still working on the drabbles. I'll be back with a few more later on.

Comment

Here they are!

Spoiler:
          • “Are you drunk?”

John frowned. “Why has everybody been asking me that today?”

“Probably because you’re acting like it. You show up late to a briefing, you can’t even enunciate clearly, and from the scattered reports that I’ve received, you couldn’t even walk in a straight line on your way here.”

“I swear I’m not drunk, Lishbeth.”

He saw her sigh heavily and lean back in her chair.

That wasn’t how you pronounced Elizabeth.

So he tried again. “E-liz-a-beth.” He shrugged. “Why was that so hard?”

Her eyes narrowed as she tapped her earpiece. “Weir to Dr. Beckett.”

“This is Beckett.”

“Carson, have you had any patients this morning who are displaying symptoms consistent with drunkenness?”

“Such as slurred speech, impediment of motor dexterity skills?”

“Exactly,” she replied, glancing up at John.

He caught on to what she was thinking. “I’m not drunk,” he simply stated in fact, not in defense.

“No, and I don’t think the others are either.”

“How do you know there are others?”

“I’ve had three patients this morning, displaying those symptoms to varying degrees.”

Elizabeth looked at John. “Teyla, Ronon, and McKay?”

“Aye.”

“The fourth one is about to join them."

• “It wasn’t supposed to happen like that.”

Elizabeth frowned and glanced up at the lieutenant colonel blocking her way out of the puddle jumper. “What do you mean?”

He shook his head, lightly gripping his P-90 which, considering that they were back in the safety of the jumper bay in Atlantis, concerned her. “That’s not the way it happened before.”

“John, you got stuck a day in the past and relived everything exactly as it happened before. How could it have turned out different?”

“When we were heading back to the gate the first time, one of their energy weapons must’ve hit it. At least, that was Rodney’s conclusion. But we left without a hitch and made it back through the gate at the right time.” He shook his head. “Something just doesn’t add up.”

“Or,” Elizabeth interjected, rising from her seat, “maybe you’re just so used to the absurd amount of ridiculous incidents that we’ve been involved with that you’ve gotten paranoid.”

He scoffed. “I am not being paranoid.”

“Yeah, you are.”

“I am not.”

“Are too.”

“Am not.”

“Really, John?” she replied without missing a beat, looking him squarely in the eyes. “Can’t you just appreciate that we’ve managed to make it through unscathed one more time?”

He let out a long sigh, running a hand down his face. “Crap. You’re right,” he quietly replied.

“Maybe Carson should prescribe some time off,” Elizabeth suggested.

“Like I’d actually take it,” John muttered.

“I’ll have him sedate you for the week if necessary. John, you’re so stressed that you don’t even see it.”

He turned his gaze upwards and groaned. “Maybe there’s some nice waves on the mainland.”

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Whoo! Sure does sound spectacular!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Amazing. And we take a moment to thank the British for destroying those supply lines before my dad got there.
            Indeed.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Good morning! It's the last track day of the season for me, which means I get my afternoons and Friday nights back! I will miss the overtime, though.

Still working on the drabbles. I'll be back with a few more later on.
            Yay for more free time! Though the overtime money is good, too.

Those drabbles! Ooops, looks like the Alpha Team got hit with something offworld... As for the second one, Elizabeth, I think there's something that would mellow John out much better than one of Carson's sedatives. Hint hint.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              Here they are!

Spoiler:
              • “Are you drunk?”

John frowned. “Why has everybody been asking me that today?”

“Probably because you’re acting like it. You show up late to a briefing, you can’t even enunciate clearly, and from the scattered reports that I’ve received, you couldn’t even walk in a straight line on your way here.”

“I swear I’m not drunk, Lishbeth.”

He saw her sigh heavily and lean back in her chair.

That wasn’t how you pronounced Elizabeth.

So he tried again. “E-liz-a-beth.” He shrugged. “Why was that so hard?”

Her eyes narrowed as she tapped her earpiece. “Weir to Dr. Beckett.”

“This is Beckett.”

“Carson, have you had any patients this morning who are displaying symptoms consistent with drunkenness?”

“Such as slurred speech, impediment of motor dexterity skills?”

“Exactly,” she replied, glancing up at John.

He caught on to what she was thinking. “I’m not drunk,” he simply stated in fact, not in defense.

“No, and I don’t think the others are either.”

“How do you know there are others?”

“I’ve had three patients this morning, displaying those symptoms to varying degrees.”

Elizabeth looked at John. “Teyla, Ronon, and McKay?”

“Aye.”

“The fourth one is about to join them."

• “It wasn’t supposed to happen like that.”

Elizabeth frowned and glanced up at the lieutenant colonel blocking her way out of the puddle jumper. “What do you mean?”

He shook his head, lightly gripping his P-90 which, considering that they were back in the safety of the jumper bay in Atlantis, concerned her. “That’s not the way it happened before.”

“John, you got stuck a day in the past and relived everything exactly as it happened before. How could it have turned out different?”

“When we were heading back to the gate the first time, one of their energy weapons must’ve hit it. At least, that was Rodney’s conclusion. But we left without a hitch and made it back through the gate at the right time.” He shook his head. “Something just doesn’t add up.”

“Or,” Elizabeth interjected, rising from her seat, “maybe you’re just so used to the absurd amount of ridiculous incidents that we’ve been involved with that you’ve gotten paranoid.”

He scoffed. “I am not being paranoid.”

“Yeah, you are.”

“I am not.”

“Are too.”

“Am not.”

“Really, John?” she replied without missing a beat, looking him squarely in the eyes. “Can’t you just appreciate that we’ve managed to make it through unscathed one more time?”

He let out a long sigh, running a hand down his face. “Crap. You’re right,” he quietly replied.

“Maybe Carson should prescribe some time off,” Elizabeth suggested.

“Like I’d actually take it,” John muttered.

“I’ll have him sedate you for the week if necessary. John, you’re so stressed that you don’t even see it.”

He turned his gaze upwards and groaned. “Maybe there’s some nice waves on the mainland.”
              Loved them both. And I agree that all John needs is a hearty dose of Elizabeth.
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

It's lazy... again... but this time I've started watching Once Upon A Time. So far seen the first episode and I really liked it.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's lazy... again... but this time I've started watching Once Upon A Time. So far seen the first episode and I really liked it.
                      I've watched much of that show. It's OK, but don't expect genius writing.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

We liked that show in the beginning, but in the last couple of years it's gotten way too OTT for us. Enjoy it if you can keep it all straight.
                        sigpic

Comment

So far I've seen 6 episodes and I'm still enjoying it.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Re OUAT: Have never seen it, and given some of the nuttiness I've heard out of the fandom, it's probably just as well.

Comment

So far I've seen 6 episodes and I'm still enjoying it.
                              The first couple of years were very good. Then they jumped a great white shark.
                              sigpic

Comment

Challenge #69 was Busy vs Simple.

Blencathra
                                Four pics pretending to be one large one. I was aiming for simple, though not perhaps entirely successfully.
                                Inspector George Gently.
                                Spoiler:

raduzhok

JadedWraith
                                busy

and minimalistic

Dragongirl

copter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X