Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge #67 addendum

If there is anyone are having issues with the non-Disney/Pixar animation challenge a second challenge is being added. The second challenge is Animals. Wild, domesticated, furry, feathered, scaly, creepy and crawly.

Send all entries to me by Noon Mon March 16.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I read somewhere that the ratings weren't good and it may not be renewed. I hope so, but the public doesn't take to anything that's the least bit different.
      I know, which makes me a little sad. But here's hoping.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I read somewhere that the ratings weren't good and it may not be renewed. I hope so, but the public doesn't take to anything that's the least bit different.

Oh I've been meaning to watch Galavant! I better get to it before it leaves On Demand. But yeah, anything the least bit different doesn't usually get much of a chance. I love Once Upon A Time and am always surprised when it gets renewed. But I suppose having Disney behind it certainly helps.

SQL is one of those languages that starts off simple enough but can quickly morph into Greek mixed with Latin and Klingon.

Update on my old man kitty who has CRF (chronic renal failure). I've tried every prescription diet they sell and he won't eat them no matter how many tricks I have tried (and I have tried a lot). So later this morning (it's 3am now) I'm taking him back to the vet to see what else can be tried to help. Please wish me luck. I think he's lost more weight. He doesn't seem to be in pain (knock on wood).

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          SQL is one of those languages that starts off simple enough but can quickly morph into Greek mixed with Latin and Klingon.
          Yup - to the point.

Comment

*pops in*

I feel like it's time for something fluffy. Or that could just be me because RL took a slight nosedive last night.

"Lantean Cetaceans"

Oldie but a goodie, but I'm biased so don't trust me.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Comment

Challenge #67 entries

raduzhok

Dragongirl

JadedWraith

mrscopterdoc

sigpic

Comment

Challenge 68

I want to give a big thank you to Dragongirl for hosting last week's challenge! [animal or non disney animation].

This weeks challenge is Spring....with a twist!
                Spring, meaning flowers, sunshine, bunny rabbits, Easter, whatever "spring" means to you. The twist......you have to try or use something new, or that you don't like. That could be a new brush or font, make an icon, use pastels when you just cannot stand the sight of the color pink, whatever, just get outside of your box and do something different. If you are mentally stuck, and need a push, let me know and I will tell you what to do just like the mystery challenge we had a few weeks ago!
                Be warned, you might not like it! <evil laugh>

entries due to me by noon your time, Monday March 23.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  *pops in*

I feel like it's time for something fluffy. Or that could just be me because RL took a slight nosedive last night.

"Lantean Cetaceans"

Oldie but a goodie, but I'm biased so don't trust me.

Hope everyone's doing well!
                  Been there myself recently, SW. Hopefully things will turn around for you as well.

Don't think I've read that fic before. I really like it.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Been there myself recently, SW. Hopefully things will turn around for you as well.

Don't think I've read that fic before. I really like it.
                    Thanks!

It's not so much of a personal specific bother. A friend of mine's healthy 27-year-old brother had a heart attack a few days ago and they don't know if he's going to make it. Having something so awful happen to someone who's about your age just makes you a little more self-aware of how precious life is. And it makes you sad too.

Which is why I need fluff. Especially of the shippy variety.

Comment

Thanks!

It's not so much of a personal specific bother. A friend of mine's healthy 27-year-old brother had a heart attack a few days ago and they don't know if he's going to make it. Having something so awful happen to someone who's about your age just makes you a little more self-aware of how precious life is. And it makes you sad too.

Sorry about your friend's brother. You just never know what's coming, so we have to take each day as a gift and make the best of it. ((hugs))
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thanks!

You're welcome.

What SR said, too. *Hugs as well*
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Life can indeed be cruel at times. My sister worked weekends at a bakery until they moved to another town. We learned just a week ago that the baker, a 42-year old guy, died of heart failure. He's leaving a wife and 4 children between the ages of 6 and 14 behind, and a bakery that wasn't yet fully paid off.

I take such deaths as a reminder that each day should be lived to the fullest (if possible). Enjoy it while it lasts.

No matter, I hope the 27-year old makes a full recovery.

This 34-year old is down with the flu, btw, ruining my first week on the new job.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! I'M BAAAAACK! Didja miss me? More stuff has been put away and we can actually move around the house and even cook now, internet service has been hooked up, but still no TV yet. *sends death glare at DISH Network*

Congrats on the new job, Falcon Horus! That's awesome, and very cool that you get to hang out with your friend at work.

*sends hugs to ShipperWriter* I'm sorry to hear about your friend's brother, it's always a shock when it's someone so young. We should always try to live each day to the best of our ability and enjoy life, because there's just no telling what's around the corner.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! I'M BAAAAACK! Didja miss me? More stuff has been put away and we can actually move around the house and even cook now, internet service has been hooked up, but still no TV yet. *sends death glare at DISH Network*

Congrats on the new job, Falcon Horus! That's awesome, and very cool that you get to hang out with your friend at work.

*sends hugs to ShipperWriter* I'm sorry to hear about your friend's brother, it's always a shock when it's someone so young. We should always try to live each day to the best of our ability and enjoy life, because there's just no telling what's around the corner.
                              Hearing about your move just makes me have to go sit down. We are going down to Asheville in May to meet with a builder to hopefully at long last start on our retirement home in the mountains. So much to think about, I find my mind going in a thousand different directions. First on the list, start getting rid of stuff in the basement. Mr. SR says if it costs more to move it than to replace it, it goes. So, I'm loading all of my hundreds of CDs onto iTunes. He's planning to work for one more year, but I'm sure it will go fast.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

The DISH guy is here, the DISH guy is here! We're going to have TV in a few more minutes! *victory dance*

Hearing about your move just makes me have to go sit down. We are going down to Asheville in May to meet with a builder to hopefully at long last start on our retirement home in the mountains. So much to think about, I find my mind going in a thousand different directions. First on the list, start getting rid of stuff in the basement. Mr. SR says if it costs more to move it than to replace it, it goes. So, I'm loading all of my hundreds of CDs onto iTunes. He's planning to work for one more year, but I'm sure it will go fast.
                                If it's anything like my dad's retirement, it'll go REALLY FAST. At that point, he was working just to keep the higher income to make the mortgage payments; once escrow closed and we had the money, he filed his retirement papers.

And omg yes on the meeting with the builder and all that fun. We're working on the forestry plan to do the tree harvest and site prep this summer, then bringing in the architect to design the house over the autumn and winter, and beginning construction hopefully this time next year. Lots of work, but very exciting.

In semi-related news, yesterday we took our first trip out to a local shellfish farm and picked up some fresh caught wild halibut for dinner last night. OMG SO GOOD. Getting it direct like that also cut down the price to much lower than what the supermarkets usually have it for (when they can get it, that is). Looking forward to oyster season. Good times!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X