No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all atwitter to find out who I am today.

Mrs. Hughes! Oh, I love being Mrs. Hughes.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello everyone! Here are two more entries for challenge # 65!

Remember, please comment! The purpose of this challenge is to hear feedback so we know that our work is good even when we silently think to ourselves 'ugh.'

Fanfic
      Spoiler:

tag for Hot Zone
      Rodney was shaky, so exhausted he could barely function, but his mind refused to let go of the events from earlier that day. So much devastation from those tiny microscopic entities, and irreplaceable lives lost because of them. His mind drifted back to Radek’s shocked look and his realization that she was dead. Regret tugged at him, along with a sense that something he could never recover had been lost. It was wildly inappropriate for him to even contemplate pursuing a relationship with one of his staff, but on some level he’d yearned to break free of the restraints, to see what might happen. And now his chance was gone, lost forever, her body lying in the morgue along with the other victims of this tragedy.

He would be the first to admit that he had no finesse, no talent for flirting and social interactions, but in his own clumsy way he’d tried, even making a point of complimenting her when talking to Weir earlier that evening. The expression on her face told him that she was baffled and possibly annoyed by his remark, but there was also a hint, just a small quirk of her mouth, that seemed to say she was also a little flattered.

He’d been contemplating how to press the advantage when Radek had pointed out that two members of the team were still unaccounted for, and while he knew what happened wasn’t the Czech’s fault he still felt a burst of anger towards the man. If only he hadn’t said anything. But they were already infected at that point, and he’d have lost not only those now gone but also a close friend he relied on. And although no one knew about his yearning for her, he wondered at Radek’s comforting gesture as he stood staring down at her body, once vivid and full of life and now a shell without a soul.

The chime startled him, and he moved towards the door, automatically maneuvering through the darkened space to wave a hand over the sensor. The door slid open to reveal Radek standing there holding a couple bottles of what he’d bet were brew from the still he wasn’t supposed to know about.

“May I come in?” The soft Eastern European voice spoke hesitantly, as if unsure of his welcome, but his expression was one of compassion.

Stepping aside, he allowed the other man entrance, flipping on the lights to illuminate the space. Walking back to the sofa, he resumed his seat, slumping down as if the weight of the world rested on his shoulders. A moment later a cup was thrust into his hands, and he automatically raised it to his lips and took a drink, coughing at the liquid burned his throat. “The hell?” Glaring at Radek, perched on the desk chair as he drank from his own mug, he asked snarkily, “What’d you make this out of? Turpentine and rubbing alcohol?”

Radek quietly chuckled at his remark, shaking his head as he raised his mug. “Drink, my friend. Let us mourn those we lost and remember how they touched our lives.”

His clear blue eyes seemed to be gazing into Rodney’s soul, and he quickly took another drink in self-defense, wincing as the fiery liquid flowed inside him. The mug had been emptied and refilled twice before Rodney worked up the courage to speak. “I-I was going to ask her to dinner. After we got back. And now I’ll never know…” His voice trailed off as he stared across the room, seeing her as she walked down the corridor towards her lab, sat in the mess hall eating a meal and laughing with those at her table, and the smile on her face just yesterday when he refilled her coffee along with his own.

“I never really worked with her, but I’d heard she had a thing for you. And would have said yes had you actually asked her out last week instead of turning it into a lecture.”

Silence descended as both men contemplated the day’s events. Finally Radek sighed, filling their mugs with the last of the alcohol before raising his to make a toast. “?as jsou peníze.” Rodney’s confusion must have shown on his face, because he added, “Time is precious.”

The two men lifted their mugs, draining them one last time. “And now, my friend, is time for you to get some rest.” Blinking at the two Radeks standing in front of him, Rodney shook his head, dropping the mug as his hands came up to hold it steady. The room spun, and he felt as if one more move would cause his head to simply roll off his neck and onto the carpet.

A soft chuckle accompanied a pair of hands easing him up off the sofa. “Over to the bed with you.” Closing his eyes helped somewhat, so he let the hands guide him wherever they chose to, which ended up being his bed. Lying back with a soft sigh, Rodney watched through half-closed lids as the smaller man lifted each of his feet to remove the shoes, then tucked a blanket over him. “Spi dob?e, m?j p?íteli.”

And we have entry #2 artwork
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll start off the comments:

1. I forgot how much I liked Radek, and this was really touching about their friendship. As much as Rodney could be a jerk, he had moments where he wasn't awful. I enjoyed reading this and seeing a glimpse into their friendship.

2. I like how simple it is, that is what I most comfortable in doing with my artwork, simplicity. I think to have a bit more contrast, maybe try making the middle images B&W and with the red font it might look awesome. Or terrible. But I would play around with it just to see. Otherwise I like it as is.
      sigpic

Comment

OK so I think... Downtown Abby is this week's theme? I'm pretty sure anyway. Anyone watch that show who knows?
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          OK so I think... Downtown Abby is this week's theme? I'm pretty sure anyway. Anyone watch that show who knows?
          Yes, and you're the cook. I don't know why it says you just became the first footman.
          sigpic

Comment

Last entries for Challenge #65

Sorry there are so many on this last entry post but I received a bunch last night.
            These are the last ones I am accepting since Monday is a new challenge.

I will collect comments on these entries [and previous ones if you haven't got to them yet] for a few more days.
            And then I post all the comments, and who made what.

I know there is a lot in this post, but please take the time to comment on these last entries!

FanFic
            Spoiler:

Boys Will Be Boys

Rodney was in the corner of his room bent over a table building what looked like a Rube-Goldberg device out of whatever he could find in the room. He might have gone looking for more bits and pieces but he, and John, were forbidden to leave the room. And Rodney always did what he was told because he didn’t want Mom, Dad or his teachers to be angry with him. He fumbled the wrench and huffed with annoyance. That nice lady, Jennifer had explained what happened, but he was skeptical, even in the face of empirical evidence.

He remembered touching the funny looking machine and John grabbing his arm to pull him away, then nothing until they woke up in the hospital.

John got bored watching him and decided to check out the bed. “Oh, wow! This bed is great!” He bounced on his backside a few times then yanked his boots off, stood up and started jumping. “Woohoooooo!”

“Jo-ohn! Stop jumpin’ on my bed or you’re gonna break it.” Rodney hurried to the side of the bed. “Get down! It’s not a bounce house. It’s a special bed just for me.” He reached out trying to grab John’s leg. “Dr. Jennifer will get mad if we get hurt.”

“You’ve never jumped on the bed before?” John said in a sing-song voice. “An’ I don’t care what that doctor lady says. I ain’t ‘fraid o’ her.”

Crossing his arms angrily, Rodney shot back, “Did so jump on the bed. I fell and hit my head. We went to the hospital and the doctor said I had a ‘cussion.”

“Come on, Meredith. Try it again.” An evil grin crossed John’s face as he continued to bounce. “I dare ya. I double dog dare ya. Not only that-”

“Don’t say it! I mean it, John!”

“I triple dog dare ya!”

Rodney shook his finger at John then sat down on the floor to take off his shoes. “Oh, you just had say it didn’t ya? Well, here I come!” The physicist crawled to the exact center of the bed, stood and cautiously began bouncing, just a few inches at first then, when he became more confident, higher and higher. Next to him John was doing the same thing, both of them laughing.

Their laughter cut off when they heard the door chime and Jennifer’s voice called out, “Rodney? John? May I come in?”

“Oh, no! It’s her!” Both men said in unison as they jumped to the floor.

They ran to the corner and Rodney went back to his “’speriment” while John leaned his elbow on the end of the table pretending to be highly interesting in what he was doing. “Come in.”

The door opened and Jennifer looked around the room then at the two men who were sweating and panting. Her eyes narrowed dangerously, hands on her hips. “What have you two been doing?”

They exchanged a glance then said together, “Nothing.”

“Then why is the bed a mess?” She looked from one guilty face to the other, hands on her hips. “Have you been jumping on the bed again?”

“Um…” John said, looking at Rodney for help, but he just shrugged.

“We’ll talk about this later, boys. John, come with me. It’s bedtime.” She gestured and John went to stand by the door. “I’ll be back in a few minutes, Rodney. While I’m gone, clean up the mess, take your bath and get ready for bed.”

Rodney looked at the floor, scuffing the toe of his shoe on the floor. “Yes, Dr. Keller.”

She passed her hand over the sensor to open the door then took John by the hand when he didn’t follow her. He gave her his most endearing smile then looked over his shoulder at Rodney and stuck his tongue out. The door closed as John said, “He was jumpin’ on the bed, Dr. Keller, like you told him not to.”

Since they’d been in their current state, they were constantly vying for Jennifer’s attention and John apparently thought he was the big winner. After they’d gone, Rodney kicked the foot of the bed. “Ow!”

Out in the hall, Jennifer quietly sighed. In the four days since Rodney and John had returned form M99-505 in their current state, she and her staff hadn’t even come close to finding a cure for their condition. While they’d retained their adult bodies, the clocks had been turned back on their minds to the point that both men believed they were six years old, causing them to behave accordingly.

“I want some ice cream,” John said in a wheedling tone. “Pleeeease?”

Every night, it was something. A drink of water. Ice cream. Video games. Football. Basketball. Anything to stay up later. And each night, he got the same answer. “No.” He let go of her hand, crossed his arms and stuck his bottom lip out, but Jennifer would not be swayed. “Why don’t you ever ask for ice cream when you’re with Rodney?”

He shrugged his shoulders, and had the good sense to be contrite. “He don’t like ice cream.”

“John,” she reprimanded him, “you know that’s not true. What’ve I told you about lying?”

John shoved his hands into his pants pockets and hung his head. “You said it’s bad and I should always tell the truth.”

“Exactly.” They stopped in front of John’s door, she swiped a hand over the sensor to open the door. “Take a bath and wash your hair. Then get into your pajamas and brush your teeth. I’ll be back soon to tuck you in.”

“Fine.” John scuffed his foot and went into the room.

Shaking her head Jennifer sighed. She’d always wondered if she would be a good mother, and this was good practice.

Her headset chirped. “Campbell to Keller.”

“Keller.”

“Dr. McKay is demanding to see you.”

Rolling her eyes, she headed for Rodney’s quarters. “Tell him I’m coming.”

In the background, she heard Chuck doing as she’d asked, his always calm demeanor changing to annoyance. “Um, could you please hurry, Dr. Keller? He’s crying because he can’t find his…” Chuck paused in that way that indicated he didn’t want to continue. Then, he lowered his voice to a whisper. “He can’t find the stuffed andar Teyla gave him to sleep with.”

Clamping a lid on the sharp retort that bubbled in the back of her throat, Jennifer smiled though Chuck couldn’t see it. “Thanks, Chuck. I’m headed that way now.”

She stopped in front of Rodney’s room and put on a gentle smile so he wouldn’t think she was angry with him. Maybe I should stick to just one kid, she thought to herself as she activated the door and went into the room. In the time she’d been gone, Rodney hadn’t taken his bath or gotten ready for bed. Instead, he'd continued to work on his project. In a stern voice, she said, “Rodney McKay! Put that down and get ready for bed.”

“But…”

“No arguments or you’re grounded.”

Rodney lay the tool on the table and hung his head. “Okay.” The bathroom door closed, then opened. “Don’t come in! I can dress myself.”

Smiling affectionately, Jennifer went to straighten the messily made bed. She plumped the pillow, looking around for the stuffed animal he slept with. Getting on her hands and knees, she looked under the bed and found it lying there staring at her with an unblinking grin. She dragged it out, brushed the dust off and laid it on the bed.

A few minutes later, Rodney came out in his pajamas. He crossed the room and got into bed without looking at her.

She pulled the covers up to his chin and bent down to kiss him on the forehead. “Good night, sweetie.”

Rodney hugged the toy to him, closed his eyes and was soon asleep. Jennifer watched him for a moment and switched out the light.

As she made her way back to the infirmary, she hoped they’d soon find a cure for whatever had happened to John and Rodney, or she would be spending the rest of her life caring for two adult sized boys. Well, at least until they grew up again. If they grew up again.

Shuddering at the thought, she went into the lab where Carson and Amanda were still hard at work. Jennifer slipped into her lab coat and got to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Artwork

set one
            Spoiler:

Artwork #2

Artwork #3
            click for bigger

Artwork #4
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            my comments:

fan fic - Very cute! A very different take on 'whump' in that it probably doesn't hurt....much.

Art set - I love the blue ones. I might play around with the placement of the fonts, maybe even make them smaller. The second I like even more. It's so dark but the focus is on the couple. Again I would probably move the fonts around and play with the placement.

Art # 2 - I like the faded not in focus look, and I love the pastels. For some reason that always works so well on Sam and Jack. I would move the "is each other" under the other font.

Art #3 - no idea who the guys are but I love this art. It's dark but bright which is so hard to do. And it is so clear and sharp! SO jealous! I can never achieve that.

Art #4 - Love love love this. I can never blend this well. Again I am jealous. So light and airy and feminine. I would make the writing on the right smaller. At that size I am begging to read it but I can't and I don't think it is meant to be read? I might also make the other fonts just a bit smaller. But fonts are the bane of my existence. I futz with them until I lose my mind.
            sigpic

Comment

Fanfic - Hot Zone tag

Aw, that is so sweet of Radek. Though I wouldn't trust his brew as for as I could spit it.
              There's no doubt several braincells died in Rodney's head with that first sip.

And again, if you be so kind as to put on AO3 f.e. so I can favorite, reccommend and kudo the hell out of it.
              And I don't easily say this but damn, you made me like Rodney and feel genuinely sorry for him.

Artwork - The Blacklist

I really like the placement of the two characters of which I only know James Spader. I don't watch the show but do know it so there. There's focus on the characters in the middle and you frame them just nicely with repeating them on the side. I think the placement of the text is just right and sticking to he actual logo was a very good idea.

FanFic - Boys Will Be Boys

Oh my goddess, this was hilarious. You just know John would have a bad influence on Rodney. This put a smile on my face. And poor Jennifer... Those boys truly are a handful.

Maybe you could write more - you know, until they find a cure. I'd love to read more misschief from these two. I would definitely follow their adventures.

Artwork - Sleepy Hollow

What? No Katrina? Oh well...

Blue set:
              While the effect works on the banner, it doesn't do any good to the icon. At least, it doesn't work for me. The banner, however, is nicely done with the effect and the fading of Ichabod and Abbie. And leaving them darker on the side. Yup, that's nice.

The icon -- like I mentioned the effect doesn't really work there, and I find it a bit too light. It could do with some more contrast.

Darker set:
              Focus on the middle with a little text on the side - good idea.
              One small thing though - I don't like the font for the Sleepy Hollow text there. It's too modern. I would have picked something more in line with the rest of the text.

You took the hug and put it in the icon. Nothing else to say then that it works better then the one above.

Artwork - Sam/Jack

Not a fan of pastel - it's too light for my taste. Sorry.

Did you do something with the image because Carter's face looks a little funny on the side? I see, like a corner next to her mouth, or a bump or something.

However, besides that, good use of blending which is something not many people can pull off.

Artwork - Gentlemen

Focus on the light by putting the two gentlemen on a dark background, and on top of that not just any darker background but riddled with effects to create a sort of motion to the image. It feels alive.

Artwork - Blend magic!

Like I mentioned above, not many people can pull off great blends, but clearly there are at least two blend-magicians right here on GW. Wow, that's one spectacular blend. You worked with light colors, yet kept some contrast. I love the placing of the text. I'm a sucker for tiny text to fill an image so that scores you a lot of points - that is, when done well and well, you've done it well. It's vibrant, but a different sort of vibrant than the one bringing the dark wallpaper to life.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Yes, and you're the cook. I don't know why it says you just became the first footman.
                Did that have something to do with the show's World War 1 arc maybe? Downton Abby was a show that was often on in the background while I did something else.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  Did that have something to do with the show's World War 1 arc maybe? Downton Abby was a show that was often on in the background while I did something else.
                  No, there was a subplot about who was going to be first footman, but it had nothing to do with Mrs. Patmore or WWI. I've noticed that a lot of the things they say about us have nothing to do with our character, so maybe it's not supposed to. *shrugs*
                  sigpic

Comment

Challenge # 65

comments in spoilers:

DREAMSCAPE: fanfic was written by Raduzhok

Spoiler:

copter
                    I liked the fanfic even though I am not a shipper. It was short and sweet and left so much to your imagination, you can fill in the blanks on your own.

Falcon Horus
                    Those cheeky little monkeys.
                    Very lovely. Well written (spotted a few missing words though) and made with love, that much is clear to me. Whoever wrote this fic clearly has a good idea of what Spanky is all about. Good on you!
                    Also - can you post this somewhere on AO3 or so, so I can leave kudos. And favorite and reccommend it.

RodneyisGodney
                    Well, can't go wrong with SGA, that's for sure. Even if I don't ship those two. However, the authors writing style... *sighs* I have to read sentences several times over in order to understand what she is saying. Yeah, I'm not that smart. That aside, it was very well written. I wish I was that talented a writer.

Dragongirl
                    I like the story it is simply sweet.

MonicaL
                    Loved the fanfic. A part of me always wondered if the two of them might have had chemistry.

Blencathra
                    Well written fic. Great descriptions of the scene and characters. Anything with Ronon in it is a big plus.

JadedWraith
                    I love the dream sequences and the way they connect Ronon's past and his present. I am not a Ronon /Teyla shipper but I always thought they had a good vibe together and this fic proves it. Well done, anonymous ( I want a link to your other work)

Raduzhok
                    It's a nice little story. I like having what might have gone on being left to my imagination. I must have ignored the title, because I was surprised it was a dream. All in all, a cute piece of fic. A good length.

FanGirl
                    Sweet fic about Ronon and Teyla. I believe they would've made a great pair. Torren could've done way worse than Ronon as a father figure.

Libero
                    It's a sweet little story and I like that it's Ronon centered and creates a disturbing atmosphere through his memories.

DellRuby
                    Ok I quite liked this, but I have to wonder, were their dreams connected?
                    Was this the first time?
                    This is a natural pairing which I can quite happily go along with.
                    Thank you.

Bailey1ak

Sweet fic. Liked seeing Ronon move to act on it and finding that Teyla was doing the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

made by Dragongirl and the robot is Ultron from Avengers: Age of Ultron
                    Spoiler:

Falcon Horus
                    It's a bit on the dark side, but those red flashing eyes and mouth do make up for that. They jump right out at you. And I'm sure I'm supposed to know that character but I'm drawing a blank, and I feel like I'm about to be asked to turn in my geek-card.
                    However, the text - word of advice: dark blue text on a dark background rarely makes for a good combination. Either lighten it, or add a glow to it to highlight its existence. This text disappears into the background, and that's a bit of a shame. It might also give the reader a bit of a strain on the eyes and/or a headache.

copter
                    I like the artwork, I feel like I should know who it is, but I don't. It's dark, but maybe it should be. The only thing I would change is the text, maybe smaller/tighter.

RodneyisGodney
                    ROBOTS!!! Sorry, I like robots. I agree with copter that the text could be a little smaller. And, maybe red to connect with the red eyes of the robots. Sorta tying/bringing it all together. I like how well the pictures have been blended together.

Dragongirl
                    I like the sig it is dark and creepy and that makes me happy

MonicaL
                    Ultron! Waiting impatiently for that movie! A very nice piece of art. I do wonder if the font might have looked better red, but I like it as is.

Blencathra
                    Like Copter I don't know the fandom but feel like I should. Nice bit of blending between the two pictures. There is a feeling of menace about it. The being on the left seems to be a threat to the one on the right?

JadedWraith
                    I love the connection between the images. As Copter, I would just change the font to match the feel of the images ( something more menacing or with a more technological feel).

Raduzhok
                    I get the atmosphere, the dark, the menace. I like it, and want to know (or see) more. It's like glimpsing something in the night. The words tell me this is an unstoppable force. Very interesting!

FanGirl
                    The art work is wonderful! I do agree that the text in red would've made a bigger impact. However, if you're going for a touch of subtlety, the blue works well.

Libero
                    Don't know where it's from but I don't want to be confronted with them at all. Eerie but well done.

Bailey1ak
                    The words are very ominous sounding... and the colors and pics seem to help it sound more so.

DellRuby
                    I like the sig, have no clue where it is from, but it makes me want to find out.
                    I like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HotZone fanfic was written by MonicaL
                    Spoiler:

Copter
                    I forgot how much I liked Radek, and this was really touching about their friendship. As much as Rodney could be a jerk, he had moments where he wasn't awful. I enjoyed reading this and seeing a glimpse into their friendship.

MonicaL
                    I always enjoy a fic with Radek! I like reading about their friendship; I think the show missed a chance to bring more of that out, but I love the snippets we see now and then.

Raduzhok
                    A touching tale of despair in loss, and having that friend who will stay with you through thick and thin. I always liked the whole Rodney - Radek camaraderie because Rodney needed a friend (like it or not) and Radek was just that kind of guy. This worked well.

Bailey1ak
                    Really enjoyed this follow up for Hot Zone. Always wonder about the aftermath that probably occurs and this was a great example of it. Really liked Rodney and Radek's interactions on the show. This would have been a wonderful addition.

FanGirl
                    Ah, Rodney and Radek in a friendship moment. We didn't see enough of these. Nor did we see enough of Rodney's fumbling attempts at flirting. Would've made for much hilarity.

RodneyisGodney
                    I love Rodney/Radek friendship fics and this one is amazing! The characters are on point and the writing is amazing! I only wish I could remember what Hot Zone was about so I know who they are talking about. It's been quite a while since I've watched SGA...this fic, though...it has made miss Atlantis.

Blencathra
                    This is a lovely little fic. I do love Radek. His concern for Rodney is very moving. Well written with excellent descriptions.

JadedWraith
                    I have to check the tag. My memory is not what it used to be. Oh Radek! Wonderful creation. I was so afraid they would kill him in season 5. I really like the "moment" he and Rodney share and I think that's perfectly within character. (That's one of my pet peeves when someone writes something that would be totally out of synch with who I think the character is.) This is not the case and it's delightful.

Libero
                    Very good episode and great tag. I always liked the awkward friendship between Radek and Rodney. Well written.

FalconHorus
                    Aw, that is so sweet of Radek. Though I wouldn't trust his brew as for as I could spit it.
                    There's no doubt several braincells died in Rodney's head with that first sip.

And again, if you be so kind as to put on AO3 f.e. so I can favorite, reccommend and kudo the hell out of it.
                    And I don't easily say this but damn, you made me like Rodney and feel genuinely sorry for him.

DellRuby
                    I do like that fic, those two make damn good friends, and it is nice to see McKays human side now and again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

made by Dragongirl
                    Spoiler:

Copter
                    I like how simple it is, that is what I most comfortable in doing with my artwork, simplicity. I think to have a bit more contrast, maybe try making the middle images B&W and with the red font it might look awesome. Or terrible. But I would play around with it just to see. Otherwise I like it as is.

FalconHorus
                    I really like the placement of the two characters of which I only know James Spader. I don't watch the show but do know it so there. There's focus on the characters in the middle and you frame them just nicely with repeating them on the side. I think the placement of the text is just right and sticking to he actual logo was a very good idea.

Bailey1ak
                    Not familiar with the show, but do love the sig. Like how on his side it is a different pose than the one in the center. Would have been great if she had a different pose as well. Love the title in red below them... really ties it together.

Dragongirl
                    Blacklist - I like that show the sig shows some of the duality of Red. I might have made the BG darker on his side to make it seem like he is not exactly "good"

MonicaL
                    Lovely bit of art. The blending, shading and such are well done.

Raduzhok
                    There's a nice symmetry here! It gives a sense of who each is on their own, but shows a strong partnership (or more?). The latter being somewhat faded, speaks to the private, behind the scenes aspect between them. It has a quiet voice, which really works for the composition.

FanGirl
                    Never having seen Blacklist, I still find the art amazingly stark and in-your-face. As I understand it, that's the Michael Spader's character. Bravo!

RodneyisGodney
                    I think the only thing I would do is ...tidy it up a bit. For instance, I'd take the eraser tool (on anti-erase) and go over Lizzy's shoulder there on the left, so her right shoulder doest peek through. But that's just me. I would want to see more of Red's left shoulder as well, less fuzzy background of the Red in front/next to the shoulder. Again, that's just what I would do. Other than that I love it! And it's a great show!!!

Blencathra
                    Nicely simple sig. I love the colouring on the two central figures. I don't know the show but they look like they should be a couple but haven't quite got there yet.

JadedWraith
                    Love it. I really like the contrast between the soft images in the middle and the stronger ones on the sides. Maybe the B&W would work as well, as Copter suggested.

Libero
                    I really like the pics that are taken – almost the same facial expressions! Maybe I would try to blend the two Elizabeths a little more, but that's only a detail. Nice art!

DellRuby
                    Again I like the art work, and this time I do know the show.
                    It is quite striking in its simplicity, which I'm pretty sure wasn't as simple to do as it looks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    sigpic

Comment

part two.....

Boys will Boys fanfic written by FanGirl
                      Spoiler:

Blencathra
                      Very amusing, very nicely written fic. Poor John and Rodney! And poor Jennifer having to deal with all this!

JadedWraith
                      I'm not sure how one woman could handle Rodney + John as children. Jennifer has her hands full. I'd like to see/read how this story ends. Really cool concept.

FalconHorus
                      Oh my goddess, this was hilarious. You just know John would have a bad influence on Rodney. This put a smile on my face. And poor Jennifer... Those boys truly are a handful.

Maybe you could write more - you know, until they find a cure. I'd love to read more misschief from these two. I would definitely follow their adventures.

Copter
                      fan fic - Very cute! A very different take on 'whump' in that it probably doesn't hurt....much.

RodneyisGodney
                      YAY for more RODNEY!!! And I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE STORY!!! There is nothing wrong with it from where I'm standing.

Libero
                      Great little story! Rodney and John as kids and real rascals. I laughed out loud.

DellRuby
                      Now that was fun!
                      I enjoyed the read.
                      Who ever you are, I'd like to see how that ends......do they remember their antics when they are back to normal again?
                      loved it!

MonicaL
                      Such a lovely bit with the boys. I hope you let this grow into a full-fledged story *sends plot bunnies*

bailey1ak
                      Cute story. There was one point where Rodney said something that reminded me of the "...no more monkeys jumping on the bed" song. Interesting thought to leave it on too... had me wondering if the boys would mature/grow up if they didn't find a cure too.

Raduzhok
                      An adorable story. It brings in the element of what were they like as kids, which I so often wonder about characters. I enjoyed the antics, and wonder if this is a chapter 1 of many. It would be interesting find out what did happen!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Artwork made by FanGirl
                      Spoiler:

Blencathra
                      Both are very evocative. The top (blue) one has a ghostly feel to it. The second is my favourite of the two. I like the composition with positioning of the light bulb. The icon for this is particularly good.

copter
                      I love the blue ones. I might play around with the placement of the fonts, maybe even make them smaller. The second I like even more. It's so dark but the focus is on the couple. Again I would probably move the fonts around and play with the placement.

JadedWraith
                      I like the text/images combo and the ghostly feel Blen mentioned in her comment on the blue ones. I like the composition on the next set:it's very effective. I love Sleepy Hollow so I am very biased about this one.

RodneyisGodney
                      I love both of them! On the first one I might futz with the contrast/brightness a bit to bring out the images more. On the second one, I might look for a font that's a bit clearer and easier to read while still maintaining the look (cursive).

Libero
                      I especially like the second one with the contrast of light and dark.

FalconHorus
                      What? No Katrina? Oh well...

Blue set:
                      While the effect works on the banner, it doesn't do any good to the icon. At least, it doesn't work for me. The banner, however, is nicely done with the effect and the fading of Ichabod and Abbie. And leaving them darker on the side. Yup, that's nice.

The icon -- like I mentioned the effect doesn't really work there, and I find it a bit too light. It could do with some more contrast.

Darker set:
                      Focus on the middle with a little text on the side - good idea.
                      One small thing though - I don't like the font for the Sleepy Hollow text there. It's too modern. I would have picked something more in line with the rest of the text.

You took the hug and put it in the icon. Nothing else to say then that it works better then the one above.

DellRuby
                      The first set of artwork... I believe I know who did that lot.
                      I've never seen the program, but I like the look of these, all dark and moody.

MonicaL
                      I like the filter on the blue set. It fits the mood of the show. And I love the focus on the pair in the brown set, and the quote.

Bailey1ak
                      The first set is cool and love the washed or scratched/foggy look to it. Great coloring. The second set has great coloring too and it feels like we are peeking in at an emotional moment.

Dragongirl
                      I m not very familiar with Sleepy Hollow so here goes. The darker set has very much a Halloween theme with the creepy dead trees and it looks foggy so very cool

The second set there looks sweet the light in the dark very well composed.

Raduzhok
                      Very nice av/sig sets! The first one has great texture to it! I get a very stormy feeling! I like that technique!

The second part, I really love certain aspects like the lamp, hanging center stage, casting a nice dim light across the space. I love the symbol on the wall, and the sentiment works well to tie the whole package together. There's a really nice intimacy about the work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      sigpic

Comment

part Three..............

made by RodneyisGodney
                        Spoiler:

Blencathra
                        Pretty pastels. I like that Sam & Jack have a transparent, misty look. I really like the fonts used.

JadedWraith
                        Beautiful colours and I love the fonts chosen. I'm so envious. I'd recognize this style anywhere.

Copter
                        I like the faded not in focus look, and I love the pastels. For some reason that always works so well on Sam and Jack. I would move the "is each other" under the other font.

RodneyisGodney
                        Love the coloring (rainbow) and the smokey/fuzzy effect. Job well done!

Libero
                        Looks very romantic and sweet. And yeah - I was a little puzzled about the above "is each other" too.

FalconHorus
                        Not a fan of pastel - it's too light for my taste. Sorry.

Did you do something with the image because Carter's face looks a little funny on the side? I see, like a corner next to her mouth, or a bump or something.

However, besides that, good use of blending which is something not many people can pull off.

DellRuby
                        Pretty pink, romantic.
                        Tell me the story to go with it. Very nice.

MonicaL
                        I agree that 'is each other' should be underneath, but having said that I really like the soft pastels and the blending.

Bailey1ak
                        Really like the wording and the pic used in this sig. Makes me smile to see the two together. I got a little confused when reading the sig since the ending of the phrase was above the beginning, but I liked the use of two differing fonts.

Dragongirl
                        Sam and Jack what is not to love? lots of pretty lovely colours for a lovely couple.

Raduzhok
                        I really love the pastels and the dreaminess. I did get a bit confused with the sentiment. I think the "Is Each Other," would have worked well below, "the best thing to hold onto in life" OR maybe have the first part on the left side, higher. But still, it's a lovely piece.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made by Blencathra
                        Click for bigger.

Spoiler:

Raduzhok
                        Oh, nice movement in this piece, as if the two are materializing from another time, and it is a really wonderful contrast to the clarity of the two characters! The sentiment is excellent!

Dragongirl
                        I have to admit I have no idea what this is from or who the people are The Bg has a gritty feel to it the dark colours and the forrest look along the bottom makes the 2 men in the art look not only bigger than all of it but like they are coming out of this badness and they are untouched by it.

Bailey1ak
                        This sig had great coloring in it and the texture really added to it and complimented the words used. Liked this one a lot!

MonicaL
                        The swirly part definitely gives the feeling of moving through time. No idea what they are from, but looks great!

DellRuby
                        Next one I was in love with Doyle from the Professionals.
                        He is still a good looking man.
                        Love this one!

FalconHorus
                        Focus on the light by putting the two gentlemen on a dark background, and on top of that not just any darker background but riddled with effects to create a sort of motion to the image. It feels alive.

RodneyisGodney
                        'Tis a great quote, though I have no idea who that guy is. It is executed well and I love the texture(s) used. Great job!

Copter
                        no idea who the guys are but I love this art. It's dark but bright which is so hard to do. And it is so clear and sharp! SO jealous! I can never achieve that.

JadedWraith
                        I like the contrast of the background with the two males. I'm not good at this sort of thing and this artist clearly is( do I recognize them?).

Blencathra
                        I like the dark grungy background contrasted with the bright figures. I like the crispness to this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

made by JadedWraith
                        Spoiler:

Blencathra
                        This is lovely. The colouring is beautiful. The composition is excellent. Love the watercolour feel to the background, particularly on the right.

JadedWraith
                        Huhm...I'm with Copter ( get out of my head, will ya?) Something it's a bit off with the text/fonts choice. Not sure if the text in the background it's just an effect or it's meant to be read.

Copter
                        Love love love this. I can never blend this well. Again I am jealous. So light and airy and feminine. I would make the writing on the right smaller. At that size I am begging to read it but I can't and I don't think it is meant to be read? I might also make the other fonts just a bit smaller. But fonts are the bane of my existence. I futz with them until I lose my mind.

RodneyisGodney
                        OMG! I love it! I only wish I had this artist's level of talent! And knowledge of PS. I love the coloring and the softness.

FalconHorus
                        Like I mentioned above, not many people can pull off great blends, but clearly there are at least two blend-magicians right here on GW. Wow, that's one spectacular blend. You worked with light colors, yet kept some contrast. I love the placing of the text. I'm a sucker for tiny text to fill an image so that scores you a lot of points - that is, when done well and well, you've done it well. It's vibrant, but a different sort of vibrant than the one bringing the dark wallpaper to life.

DellRuby
                        Last art work is pretty too, but I know know what show or story or song it may be.
                        It is similar to the other pink one, I wonder if they were inspired by the same thing?

MonicaL
                        Such a great blending job! The soft, muted tones work well.

Bailey1ak
                        This is just a really beautiful sig. Very feminine in the coloring and composition and yet a feel a bit of quiet strength when I look at her.

Dragongirl
                        Not usually a fan of pink but this one is so well done it looks good. I only wish I could make art this cool. everything has a natural softness and light to it.

Raduzhok
                        Again, pastels! Beautiful! And the layers are really lovely. It feels likes memories, glimpses of scenes from another time. Parts of a time forgotten. I like that. I can't see what the small writing on the left says, and I am not sure if I'm supposed to. I imagine it is words from a song. I really like the clarity of the larger facial pic. Soft, wistful. Very nicely done.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                          made by Dragongirl and the robot is Ultron from Avengers: Age of Ultron
                          Ha, I'm in luck. I don't need to hand in my geek-card. I simply haven't watched the trailer for Ultron enough.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Ha, I'm in luck. I don't need to hand in my geek-card. I simply haven't watched the trailer for Ultron enough.
                            I guess I have to hand mine in, I didn't know who it was
                            sigpic

Comment

Challenge #66

I have had a very stressful [although nothing 'bad'] past couple of days and the week ahead is not looking any better. So this week's challenge is all about FUN and HAPPY. Whether it is confetti, balloons, tiny hamsters or dancing cats and canines, whatever makes you HAPPY, makes you SMILE or is just plain FUN to look at, make it!!!

entries due to me by noon your time, Monday March 9th.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Just dropping in to say hi; those of you on Twitter and Tumblr have probably already seen my posts but, we're here, our stuff is here, there are boxes EVERYWHERE and it's cold up here, LOL!

See you all soon!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X