No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, everyone try a new loose leaf tea brand. Let me know what you like.
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hi Erin87! Good to see you, that was a lovely poem!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Hey *waves* and welcome back. Loved the poem, so very Sparky. I loved the music in that movie too. You reminded me that I meant to check it out on iTunes.
      Great movie, great soundtrack!

One week to go...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

As for the dragon on my Celestial teabox... it's really there. I didn't just imagine seeing it.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hi, Erin87. Long time no see.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
          Hi guys! Long time no see.

Happy belated Birthday, SR!

Per the tea discussion, I really like The Republic of Tea brand. The Ginger Peach and Downton Abbey Earl Grey are really good (though I've tried several flavors and haven't found one that I dislike).

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's and is managing this ridiculous cold well.

Also, the week before last or so I actually wrote another Sparky poem and just now I figured I should share it here. Because why not? I was listening to the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack and realized that "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" made me think of John and then I wanted a verse from Elizabeth's pov so this happened. It's a little experimental for me b/c it doesn't rhyme, but it was fun.

Spoiler:

I tried my hand at Forever once.
          It didn’t work out.
          After that Forever wasn’t even on the radar.
          No expectations, nothing lasting.
          A reputation I didn’t really deserve
          (thanks, McKay)
          But hey... If I’m honest...
          Not too far off the mark.

But then – unexpectedly, unobtrusively,
          Un-everything except unwanted –
          There she was.
          She’s a woman of words, not action.
          But there’s got to be some kind of ninja in her,
          The way she snuck in –
          Subtly, sincerely, frustratingly.
          Amazingly.
          I was hers before I ever knew I was up for grabs.

I wasn’t looking for a Forever kind of deal.
          But before I knew it...
          That’s how long I wanted her around.

-

He wasn’t part of the plan.
          Part of the equation.
          Part of the way things were supposed to go.
          I didn’t have time for That –
          For wanting, for loving.
          For distractions.
          I figured I’d settle with Really Caring
          and that would be enough.
          Safer.
          Just friends, I told myself.
          (After all, I’m supposed to be an expert at persuasion.)

But then I slipped up.
          Or he barged in.
          (or maybe he just caught me.
          I’m not sure which.)
          With teasing grins and stubbornness and loyalty and recklessness bravery-that-makes-me-want-to-shake-him-and-kiss-him-at-the-same-time
          And then Really Caring turned into
          “Who am I kidding?”
          and That sat on my desk and stared at me until –
          ignoring That?
          No longer an option.

I’ve been ruled by excuses disguised as rules, seized by seize-the-moment phobia,
          But now...
          Let’s just say I’ve never been happier that a plan didn’t work out.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4976599...from-a-Balcony

Cheers.
          Nicely done on the poem.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            As for the dragon on my Celestial teabox... it's really there. I didn't just imagine seeing it.
            We believe you. *shifty eyes*
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I drank apple tea last night - prefer loose apple tea to the teabag though. And warm tea to cold too, as I was so engrossed in my game I completely forgot I had set a cup.

Comment

I drank apple tea last night - prefer loose apple tea to the teabag though. And warm tea to cold too, as I was so engrossed in my game I completely forgot I had set a cup.
                That sounds like my BFF. She totally ignores her tea until it's mostly cold and then looks at it like she's never seen it before. LOL I recently had a discussion about tea drinking with my friend who just happens to be a rocket scientist (which I don't think was pertinent to the discussion). Anyway, he lets his tea steep until it's as dark as possible. I, on the other hand, wait about 2 minutes, depending on the flavor. Chamomile, now you could steep all day and it still won't be dark. But coffee, I drink so strong most people want to add more hot water. Strange.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

5 minutes - or thereabouts. And when I forget it can take up to 20 minutes. And I tend to forget quite a few times.

I can take strong coffee with LOTS of sugar, after which I'll bounce around like a bunny on speed.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Not so lazy for me, though. The final push begins!

Heh, I've done that too. As for coffee, I like it with cream (or milk if I'm going the latte route).
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Osmanthus is kinda similar, but better than chamomile.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Challenge # 64 was "Heat".

RodneyisGodney

JadedWraith

slizzie1986

raduzhok
                          It's by CANNED HEAT!

taris-eirien

sigpic

Comment

Challenge #65

This week, we're going way back to challenge #24 and redoing that one again. I think it is time for us to pat ourselves on our backs and feel good about our artwork again because every week, I get an entry from someone and it says "I'm so sorry this is so crappy" or "this is the best I could do" or something along those lines where they bash their own work. It is not just one person, it is several people and this makes me sad. I think everyone's artwork and fanfic is just wonderful!! And I am SO happy when people take the time to do something and enter the challenges! I wish everyone could just enjoy creating artwork and fanfic and like their own work. That is hard to do, I know I am even guilty of saying "ugh!" when I look at my own artwork.

Well, this week it is going to be different. This week, the challenge is............Make artwork or fanfic. Anything, everything, whatever. If you are stuck and need a push, then go here and do a challenge you missed, or one that you want to re-do.

Here's the first catch. DO NOT SIGN YOUR WORK. As I receive entries, I will post them as 'anonymous' and give everyone a chance to comment on them. Only one entry will be posted at a time, so everyone has a chance to be fawned over and see how much everyone loves your work. After that, the artist may choose to reveal themselves if they want.

The second catch.....when I post an entry....you have to comment. Be nice, be honest, say the things you would like to hear. Remember the Golden Rule.

Why is it anonymous at first? So you can comment on your own work as if it were someone else.

The point of this challenge? For you to stop bashing yourself over your artwork or fanfic, and to have happy feelings when you see how good your artwork/fanfic really is.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Do you guys write a lot of sparky smut? Is it a high percentage of sparky work? It's smutty Tuesday, so I might as well ask.

I've written my own share of smut but I honestly doubt I could ever do it with Stargate characters at this point. Because (unlike most people I suspect) in my head, writing fan fiction and writing smut are two very different processes and I'm really not sure I could bring myself to combine them into a single project at this point.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X