• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

todays Shepalicious advent was made by bailey1ak
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Pinch hit for SGA_santa delivered, so it's time to open my gift but before I do so, allow me to post the links to the two Sparky ones:

50 Shades of Weir
      Pairing: John Sheppard/Elizabeth Weir
      Rating: NC-17
      Summary: John and Elizabeth take a step up in their relationship and John makes a discovery about his lover while she's off saving an Atlantean from a beheading.

//**//

Destiny Is Calling Me
      Pairing: Sheppard/Weir, Brief!Weir/Kolya
      Rating: PG-13
      Summary: Elizabeth takes a rather desperate measure to save John, and a clueless John realizes he had denying long harbored feelings
      Thanks for that. I don't even have time to go looking for them. *bookmarks to read later*
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Thanks for that. I don't even have time to go looking for them. *bookmarks to read later*
        Neither do I. Heck, I hardly go on LJ anymore.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And another one popped up:

Morning After, and After
          Pairing: John/Elizabeth
          Rating: R, bordering on NC-17
          Summary: It's New Year's Eve on Atlantis, a night full of alcohol and questionable decisions. Or, John Sheppard should be more careful of what - and who- he turns on with his touch.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

today's friendly advent was made by JadedWraith
            sigpic

Comment

Hey guys remember when I just said I became a fan of my first non canon couple?

Wellllll I can't say that any more....
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

What happened?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Oh do tell!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It seems my streak of being a fan of only canon couples is still intact.

With just moments left in the show, they actually ended with this:

teiT2Iq.jpg

I'm, not sure I can say I'm "surprised." More like ASTOUNDISHOCKED!

I swear I almost almost 99% sure that the hints were just little in jokes. I was mainly just rooting for them against hope. Wow....

It's not often my jaw metaphorically hits the floor when watching something. I still am not sure I believe what I just saw.

Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 19 December 2014, 07:25 AM.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

It seems my streak of being a fan of only canon couples is still intact.

With just moments left in the show, they actually ended with this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40277[/ATTACH]

I'm, not sure I can say I'm "surprised." More like ASTOUNDISHOCKED!

I swear I almost almost 99% sure that the hints were just little in jokes. I was mainly just rooting for them against hope. Wow....

It's not often my jaw metaphorically hits the floor when watching something. I still am not sure I believe what I just saw.

Hot diggity! Here's to the streak! *raises a glass and high-fives*

Comment

Ummm, I think it doesn't matter where! Shippers gotta ship. All that mattes is act of shipping them overseas.

Just like the first blooper from this Voyager Blooper reel:
                        I love that ship one. But I never could figure out why they keep cutting back to Jeri Ryan

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Didn't the SGU novels only get as far as a novelization of their pilot episode?
                        You're telling the story - I have no idea

I've long since given up trying to decide what season of SGA is the best. Because I like them all but for different reasons in some cases. The one time I tried to definitively decide which was my favorite, I tried to weight all the pros and cons and came up with:

Season 4.

At which point I almost immediately thought "No. NOT Season 4! What's the matter with you?!"

S4 and S5 are both like that for me. Some really good eps, but some real clunkers too. Although I guess you could say that for all of the seasons

Yeah those are all some of the things I loved about it. But I realized that I just couldn't pick a season where Carter replaced Weir and created perhaps the weakest version of the team dynamic in the show. So I realized that I can't pick a single favorite season as a whole, just favorite pieces from various points the show.
                        s4 could have been so great. The leadership change could have been the making of the show. I don't understand why they copped out in the way they did. When they replaced Hammond with O'Neill, they changed the role of the character. Now, that's coz RDA was the star of the show, but there's no reason that Carter had to be a virtual copy of Weir (ignoring DG's "when I was on SG-1....")

Ditto. Then you can occasionally shout "OMG, they look so young!" at the screen.
                        This is true

I doubt that's the case. Sorry to burst your bubble.

A) You might think Sparky is the most popular, but McShep is equally as popular. And don't underestimate the popularity of Sheyla either. I think they are in fact the three largest pairings of the fandom.

B) I believe there's only one person who does the editing of the books (continuity, characters, ...) so either he/she got replaced or someone else at MGM felt like they have to change the feel of the books in order to reach more people.

Which brings me to C

I don't think they sell in large quantities. I don't think they are as popular as they could be. I don't know, really, because I don't know any sales figures but maybe they want a wider SGA audience and taking the romantic touch out might provide that.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up, especially not if the authors stay the same.
                        I think it was the personnel change that caused the halt. Also, I think they wanted to not have any romance between main characters, just like JF said recently. Thus, Sparky would never happen either. Or McShep for that matter.

And, yes, the authors put their own personal feelings above potential book sales. I would have gladly read all of them if not for the implied Sheyla. Well, there's also that Wraith thing. Oh, let's just face it. Those books were a nightmare for a lot of reasons.

And, I haven't heard a thing about how good or bad the latest Elizabeth-centered one is.
                        Sadly, I agree with both of you. Although......there's an Elizabeth-centered one? I imagine it's full of snark-worthy material and character butchery

Originally posted by america126
                        Agreed!

Although John and Teyla Are DESTINED To Be Together
                        It depends on what you mean by together.

Excuse me?

Kanaan better not hear of this.
                        Poor Kanaan. Maybe he should've turned into a bug, then people might ship them?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Poor Kanaan. Maybe he should've turned into a bug, then people might ship them?
                          Well he did. Sort of. More like, Michael gave Kanaan some bug juice to turn him into a zombie so that Michael could put the moves on Teyla. Sort of.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Well he did. Sort of. More like, Michael gave Kanaan some bug juice to turn him into a zombie so that Michael could put the moves on Teyla. Sort of.
                            Who knew after all this time I could have a new thought, but you just inspired one.

Why was it okay for Teyla to be with bugJohn, but bugKanaan was evil and not to be trusted?
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Who knew after all this time I could have a new thought, but you just inspired one.

Why was it okay for Teyla to be with bugJohn, but bugKanaan was evil and not to be trusted?
                              Especially considering she seemed to be a lot more worried about bugKanaan's well-being than she was for bugJohn. I look at the level of her concern for bugKanaan, and it's a perfect parallel to how worried Elizabeth was for bugJohn. I'll bet if Elizabeth had still been in Atlantis, she would've understood Teyla's feelings. Hmm. Funny, that.

Comment

Kanaan wasn't really a bug. He wasn't cool enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X