Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I doubt that's the case. Sorry to burst your bubble.

A) You might think Sparky is the most popular, but McShep is equally as popular. And don't underestimate the popularity of Sheyla either. I think they are in fact the three largest pairings of the fandom.

B) I believe there's only one person who does the editing of the books (continuity, characters, ...) so either he/she got replaced or someone else at MGM felt like they have to change the feel of the books in order to reach more people.

Which brings me to C

I don't think they sell in large quantities. I don't think they are as popular as they could be. I don't know, really, because I don't know any sales figures but maybe they want a wider SGA audience and taking the romantic touch out might provide that.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up, especially not if the authors stay the same.
    About the book sales. They have to mainly be on the internet or just plain bad. I'm in bookstores all the time and I've only seen Stargate books once and that was while the shows were still on.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Pretty sure the books are still sold online.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

today's advent was made by Everlovin
        sigpic

Comment

An angelic 16... Oh, and I'm peeved to say that photobucket changed its policy so if I were to add the number which I did in my offline version, then it wouldn't automatically change were I to re-upload.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          About the book sales. They have to mainly be on the internet or just plain bad. I'm in bookstores all the time and I've only seen Stargate books once and that was while the shows were still on.
          WHSmith? No, it was something else with a W... Walmart! I think I saw someone mention seeing them at Walmart. I've never come across any of them where I live in my small chocolate country. Did spot them at Forbidden Planet but that was when the show was still airing (and also the last time I was in London).

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
          Pretty sure the books are still sold online.
          Yes, I believe they can be ordered from Amazon, and possibly Fandemonium themselves.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Re: the books, I just checked Amazon and apparently the newer books are only being sold in ebook/Kindle format now; older books that still have physical copies available are being sold in both formats (presumably at least until the physical copies run out). We may not be privy to actual sales numbers, but as I've noted before, that they're not even willing to spend the money to print physical books anymore is rather telling about the state of things.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Re: the books, I just checked Amazon and apparently the newer books are only being sold in ebook/Kindle format now; older books that still have physical copies available are being sold in both formats (presumably at least until the physical copies run out). We may not be privy to actual sales numbers, but as I've noted before, that they're not even willing to spend the money to print physical books anymore is rather telling about the state of things.
              Oh... well, perhaps another reason why MGM's decided to put a stop to the romance, possibly then that they do indeed wish to attract a wider audience. That would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by america126
                Although John and Teyla Are DESTINED To Be Together
                Excuse me?

Kanaan better not hear of this.

Anywho... saw another John/Elizabeth fic pop up in the secret santa list. Haven't read that one (yet), nor have I read my own - not until after I have my pinch hit posted anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by america126
                  Agreed!

Although John and Teyla Are DESTINED To Be Together
                  Sorry honey, but you're on the wrong thread.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

WHSmith? No, it was something else with a W... Walmart! I think I saw someone mention seeing them at Walmart. I've never come across any of them where I live in my small chocolate country. Did spot them at Forbidden Planet but that was when the show was still airing (and also the last time I was in London).
                    That's interesting. Our Walmart only seems to carry romance novels. I'll have to check again this weekend.

Comment

this wonderful advent was made by Grace
                      sigpic

Comment

My neghbours will not appreciate it if I were to sing for all to hear, neither would the dogs.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          That's interesting. Our Walmart only seems to carry romance novels. I'll have to check again this weekend.
                          I've never even looked at the book aisle in our Walmart.

My neghbours will not appreciate it if I were to sing for all to hear, neither would the dogs.
                          Oh dear...

Comment

Oh dear...
                            Indeed.

Comment

Pinch hit for SGA_santa delivered, so it's time to open my gift but before I do so, allow me to post the links to the two Sparky ones:

50 Shades of Weir
                              Pairing: John Sheppard/Elizabeth Weir
                              Rating: NC-17
                              Summary: John and Elizabeth take a step up in their relationship and John makes a discovery about his lover while she's off saving an Atlantean from a beheading.

//**//

Destiny Is Calling Me
                              Pairing: Sheppard/Weir, Brief!Weir/Kolya
                              Rating: PG-13
                              Summary: Elizabeth takes a rather desperate measure to save John, and a clueless John realizes he had denying long harbored feelings

Comment

I've never even looked at the book aisle in our Walmart.
                                Normally I only look in the book aisle when it's time for NHL season preview magazines to be out.

Comment

Working...
                                X