X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this beautiful advent was made by slizzie1986
    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      This is where the novels could have come in handy, in the sense that each episode could have been novelised and expanded upon. Not canon obviously, but it would have helped in the understanding of each episode. Although they probably would not have made any money on that enterprise, which is probably why it didn't happen
      Didn't the SGU novels only get as far as a novelization of their pilot episode?

The ship that ruined (in terms of comparison) other ships for me, at least temporarily. I mean, wow, they went from hating each other, to that. So many good Mamadama scenes.
      Still a classic.

I heard this song the other day. If I had any aptitude for editing, I think it could fit a sparky vid. Something along the theme of how Sheppard seemed to go on autopilot for s4, then when Franibeth came back in s5, it brought everything back.
      "go on autopilot." That's probably the perfect way to describe S4 Sheppard.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      Plus although I'm a fan of and generally supportive of Sparky, for example, I rarely feel like I "participate" enough in making fanfiction or art or such to count as actively shipping things.
      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Even a little is enough. My ratio Sparky fanworks isn't spectacularly high either.
      Neither is mine.

Shipping is also almost never central to my perspective or enjoyment of a show like it is for some other shippers I've seen.
      Same here.
      And here as well. I've always viewed shipping as being like the icing on a cake; it enhances the experience, but it's not the total experience. Unless you're one of those people who likes eating the frosting straight out of the bowl.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

And here as well. I've always viewed shipping as being like the icing on a cake; it enhances the experience, but it's not the total experience. Unless you're one of those people who likes eating the frosting straight out of the bowl.
        I like my icing both ways, but shipping is generally secondary to a good story. Unless it's done badly or is the wrong ship. I'm looking at you Mentalist. That show is making me cringe this season. It's starting to remind me of why I disliked Sheyla so much. You can't go from a dead stop to twoo wuv in a heartbeat. Sorry if anyone disagrees.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          You can't go from a dead stop to twoo wuv in a heartbeat. Sorry if anyone disagrees.
          That's missing a few steps and can't end well...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            You can't go from a dead stop to twoo wuv in a heartbeat. Sorry if anyone disagrees.
            That's missing a few steps and can't end well...
            Yeah, talk about a hop, skip, and a jump short of a game of hopscotch.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic
              Sig by (x)

Comment

Going to do a mini- marathon tomorrow. Should I stick with season one, two, or three?
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Season 1 was the best season of SGA, but that's just my opinion so were I to do a mini marathon I'd go with that one.

Comment

Agreed, go with Season 1.

Comment

I like season two because Beckett became a main cast member, but season one is good too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Then why do you ask?

Comment

Because I wanted to get ideas from other people. And I am watching some season one episodes tomorrow. Then 'The Long Goodbye'.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've long since given up trying to decide what season of SGA is the best. Because I like them all but for different reasons in some cases. The one time I tried to definitively decide which was my favorite, I tried to weight all the pros and cons and came up with:

Season 4.

At which point I almost immediately thought "No. NOT Season 4! What's the matter with you?!"
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I've long since given up trying to decide what season of SGA is the best. Because I like them all but for different reasons in some cases. The one time I tried to definitively decide which was my favorite, I tried to weight all the pros and cons and came up with:

Season 4.

At which point I almost immediately thought "No. NOT Season 4! What's the matter with you?!"
                              The angst. The emotional roller coaster drives so many of the great individual character and team moments, especially in S4 and S5.

Comment

the advent for today was made by comicnerd4
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X