Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the cave:

Teyla: Colonel Sheppard, you need to hurry. It took us a little longer to get here than we would have liked, and we do not have much time.

Hmmm. If only the person in charge of this mission had an invisible, undetectable flying machine that could land in that massive space where you're standing. I'm sure something like that could really speed things up, but alas, no such machine exists
    sigpic

Comment

Ronon: We might....
      Teyla: ....stay a while
      McKay: ....well, if thats, ah, all right?

Sure, why not? You three didn't appear to give two hoots when you thought he was dying, but now that he's okay and there's a chance he might remember what's happening, by all means!
      sigpic

Comment

Weir to Caldwell: Believe me Colonel, you don't wanna be

Aside from the odd way "we'll try to manage without you until you get back" was delivered, it's hard to argue against anything Weir has done in this episode. She made the right call every step of the way, even when put under direct threat to do the opposite. She proved that she's learned a thing or two about the military, and that she is so on top of things that she knew the extent of Caldwell's plans within a very short space of time. It's funny that when Sheppard gave Bates an order in Hot Zone, he went against Weir, but by the time this episode rolls around, when she overrules Caldwell right in front of him, they don't even raise an eyebrow.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't understand the tag scene.
          sigpic

Comment

When she says "give it no further thought", wtf does that mean? When he says "out of character", what part specifically is he referring to? Why does she do a sigh of relief when she walks away?

How did those two view the earlier events? Did Teyla see him as being exceptionally aggressive, and the kiss an extension of that, or did she see him as being all hyped up then kissing her on an impulse? Did Sheppard kiss her because he always felt that way about her, or was it a spur of the moment thing? We never find out
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              That's how I saw it too. For the life of me, I never could understand the "romantic" aspect of that scene and not just because I didn't like that ship.
              I completely buy it as a way to illustrate his change of behaviour. But in the way it appears on the show, I cannot see ship in it. Perhaps on his part, but her reaction screams otherwise. Plus his double take immediately afterwards.

Maybe they did what I did and looked up "somatic cells". Wiki says they are any cells of the body except the sperm and egg cells. I stopped reading right there because I was bored, so they must have also. Even though I probably had a fairly good grade in Biology about a hundred years ago, my brain has all of that particular subject it needs at the present time. But it speaks to their belief that the average viewer is not as smart as they are or as well-educated, so they think they can throw in some intelligent sounding vocab and the episode is good to go with the Science geeks.
              I didn't even go that far I'm just a country yokel, and my knowledge of somatic cells is based upon that background.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday! College football season isn't quite over yet, but seeing as how none of us have a dog in the fight this week, well then Spark it.

Yeah, when I first read your post, that was what came to mind, so I went with it.
              It's sadly accurate

I think I'm just gonna start replacing curse words with the word "Spark" whenever I post here.
              It's a good way to beat the filter

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              LOL @ Gateraid
              Heh. I may have gotten a bit carried away
              sigpic

Comment

this German, almost vintage looking, beautiful advent was made by Libero
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  When she says "give it no further thought", wtf does that mean? When he says "out of character", what part specifically is he referring to? Why does she do a sigh of relief when she walks away?

How did those two view the earlier events? Did Teyla see him as being exceptionally aggressive, and the kiss an extension of that, or did she see him as being all hyped up then kissing her on an impulse? Did Sheppard kiss her because he always felt that way about her, or was it a spur of the moment thing? We never find out
                  That tag scene is an even greater mystery than the smushmouth scene. I always thought from the behavior of the Athosians that they were a very reserved group. They had elaborate rituals surrounding death and acted a bit formal even with family members, substituting the head bump for a hug. So, imagine Teyla's shock and revulsion when a trusted friend acts so aggressively toward her. If she had been harboring any romantic feeling for him, I think that pretty much killed them. I would love to see a fic involving her going back and talking to her friend Kanaan about it. He's shocked also and asks her if she wants him to speak to the Colonel on her behalf. She, of course, explains that the ways of the Earthlings are not the ways of the Athosians and asks him to keep his distance. Kanaan understands that she has conflicted feelings about John and hopes that someday she will see what's right in front of her and will turn to him. Sigh. But I don't have time to write it.

Now, John wants her to understand that jumping women who have shown no romantic interest in him is not something he does on a regular basis. He values her friendship and hopes she doesn't go home and round up a bunch of big burly Athosians to come and kick his scrawny ass. In the end, they are both glad to put the whole thing behind them and never speak of it again. Teyla, in particular is relieved that she doesn't have to explain to John why she reacted like she had just come in contact with one of those ground squid.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

It's a good way to beat the filter
                    Yep!

Teyla, in particular is relieved that she doesn't have to explain to John why she reacted like she had just come in contact with one of those ground squid.
                    Hmm. That puts a whole different spin on her eating that one in Missing with such relish, doesn't it?
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yep!

Hmm. That puts a whole different spin on her eating that one in Missing with such relish, doesn't it?
                      *snort* Eating it is one thing, but snuggling up to one is another thing altogether.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

this beautiful advent was made by scifan
                        sigpic

Comment

That tag scene is an even greater mystery than the smushmouth scene. I always thought from the behavior of the Athosians that they were a very reserved group. They had elaborate rituals surrounding death and acted a bit formal even with family members, substituting the head bump for a hug. So, imagine Teyla's shock and revulsion when a trusted friend acts so aggressively toward her. If she had been harboring any romantic feeling for him, I think that pretty much killed them. I would love to see a fic involving her going back and talking to her friend Kanaan about it. He's shocked also and asks her if she wants him to speak to the Colonel on her behalf. She, of course, explains that the ways of the Earthlings are not the ways of the Athosians and asks him to keep his distance. Kanaan understands that she has conflicted feelings about John and hopes that someday she will see what's right in front of her and will turn to him. Sigh. But I don't have time to write it.

Now, John wants her to understand that jumping women who have shown no romantic interest in him is not something he does on a regular basis. He values her friendship and hopes she doesn't go home and round up a bunch of big burly Athosians to come and kick his scrawny ass. In the end, they are both glad to put the whole thing behind them and never speak of it again. Teyla, in particular is relieved that she doesn't have to explain to John why she reacted like she had just come in contact with one of those ground squid.
                          All of that sounds very reasonable. What a pity we didn't get to see that

Yep!

*snort* Eating it is one thing, but snuggling up to one is another thing altogether.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Eww, cold and slimy. Hope she brought one of those insulated blankets.

All of that sounds very reasonable. What a pity we didn't get to see that
                            That would require TPTW actually having to develop *gasp* character background. Perish the thought!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Challenge # 54 was a blending challenge, and use a movie tagline if you like.

copter

raduzhok

JadedWraith

taris-eirien

Blencathra
                              please click for bigger!
                              Blake's 7

Doctor Who

sigpic

Comment

Challenge # 55

For this challenge, I want the art to have a "vintage" vibe to it. And by 'vintage', I mean whatever you think makes the art look old. It could be black and white, sepia toned, scratched up, whatever you think makes it look 'vintage'.
                                And just for JadedWraith, include at least 2 brushes in your art.

Entries due to me Monday, noon your time Dec. 15th

Please don't forget about secret santa gifts!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X