No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's that time of year again...time for Secret Santa and Advent Calendar!

How they work:

Advent Calendar

Sign up for one, two or three days in December that you want to do art. The theme is Christmas or Holiday. You may use any thunk, any fandom or any ship as long as it is Christmasy or Holidayish. It must also include the number of the day you signed up for. {if you sign up for Dec. 4th, it must have a number "4" on the art somewhere.} A good size is 600x400, but it must still follow GW guidelines for posting pics! Here is an example:
    Spoiler:

PM or visitor message me what day or days you want to sign up for. This is going across 8 threads, so please do not post in this thread what days you want, I might miss it! If you are not picky what day you want, just tell me what week or range of days you want {for example.... the first week of Dec. or anytime between the 10th and 22nd} As I start getting sign ups, I will post a list of days that are taken and open.

You must PM me your art work by midnight 2 days before your day is due. If you have Dec. 4th, then I will need your artwork by midnight your time Dec 2nd.

I know this is early, this will not start until Dec. 1st, but I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to decide what they want to do, sign up for it, and make sure they can follow through, especially those that pick the first few days in December and also the ones doing Secret Santa.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Secret Santa

Please do not sign up for secret santa unless you are positive you can make something! It is not nice to sign up, get a name and then bail out and not make them something!

You will receive an assignment based on what you like and what you are comfortable making. Below in spoilers is the info fill out sheet for SS. Copy and paste the info sign up into a PM to me. I will leave the sign up open until Nov 22nd or 23rd, and I will have assignments out by Nov. 25th. I want to make sure everyone has plenty of time to make gifts! What you make depends on who you get, but a minimum of 2 pieces of art is required. This can mean an avi and matching sig. For fan fic, this means 2 drabbles [500 words or less each] OR one longer one at least 1500 words or more. If you want to make more, please do! But limit of ten please. This is all secret, so no telling who you got! Any questions you have about your assignment please go through me.

PM all presents to me no later than midnight your time Dec 19. I will hand out presents and reveal secret santas on December 20th so there is plenty of time to enjoy them before Christmas.
    This info will be posted on the clubhouse [link in my sig] so you can always refer back to it, and you can always PM or visitor message me with any questions.

Info sign up sheet for SS
    Spoiler:

I would like to receive {art/fan fic/both}

I can make {art/fan fic/both}

I do not like {examples are slash, ships, specific fandoms, etc. anything that you DO NOT want to make or receive}

My favorite fandoms/thunks/ships are: {list what you would like to receive. If you like SGA but only like Ronon, please be sure to say that, otherwise you might get a team pic. This is a wish list, so be specific in what you want so your secret santa can make you happy! }

special thank you to dragongirl for making the header for me!
    sigpic

Comment

Just doing a quick post about secret santa and advent calendar......I am going to keep a running list of days people sign up for:
      *this mean these days are flexible, the people on that day can be moved if you want that day for special reasons.

1. taris-eirien*
      4. Grace*
      7. Libero
      12. taris-eirien*
      17. Grace*
      20. Libero*
      21. raduzhok

and here's the sign up sheet for secret santa, just so you don't have to go searching for it again
      just fill it out and PM it to me....

Spoiler:

I do not like {examples are slash, ships, specific fandoms, etc. anything that you DO NOT want to make or receive}

My favorite fandoms/thunks/ships are: {list what you would like to receive. If you like SGA but only like Ronon, please be sure to say that, otherwise you might get a team pic. This is a wish list, so be specific in what you want so your secret santa can make you happy! }

and last but not least, a quick reminder about the art challenge due tomorrow, make a banner or header for the art challenge! Any size, shape, thunk, fandom or picture, just say "art challenge" on it.
      sigpic

Comment

Challenge # 52 was to make a banner so I can show off all the challenges when I post them.

Jaded Wraith

Libero

Taris-eirien

Raduzhok

DragonGirl

sigpic

Comment

part two......

RodneyisGodney

copter

sigpic

Comment

WOW!! Those are all awesome!
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Challenge # 53

A few weeks ago I had posted a survey asking questions about the challenge. I went back through the answers for ideas for new challenges and several people said they want to learn more ‘technical’ things about art. I also noticed a few people had some ‘favorites’ from past challenges. So to combine all of them, this week we will do another 7in7. I know a lot of people dislike icons, and at a normal size of 100x100 they don’t work well on GW plus they are terribly tiny and difficult to work with. Part of the challenge some would say, but I say, make them 150x150 for this challenge! You can still make them 100x100 if you want, or 120x120.

Please put all 7 icons on one picture and just send that one picture to me please.

The 7 icons should be:
              1. Use 3 textures
              2. Use a filter
              3. Crop the pic in an unusual way
              4. Blend 2 pics together
              5. Focus on the background, or an inanimate object from the fandom [for example the tardis or the impala]
              6. Focus on a minor character
              7. Split the picture

As always, there are no hard and fast rules, whatever the challenge means to you works for me!!

If you seriously just do not like icons and are avoiding the challenge because of that, please choose 1 [or 2 or 3] of the ideas and just make normal art!

Entries due to me by noon your time, Monday November 24.
              sigpic

Comment

Just doing a quick post about secret santa and advent calendar......

There are still a few days left if you want to sign up!

1. taris-eirien
                2. copter
                4. Grace
                5. Falcon horus
                7. Libero
                10. Bailey1ak
                11. Jaded wraith
                12. taris-eirien
                13. Slizzie-1986
                14. Bailey1ak
                15. RiG
                17. Grace
                18. RiG
                19. Jaded wraith
                20. Libero
                21. raduzhok
                23. RiG
                24. copter
                25. Lahela

and here's the sign up sheet for secret santa, just so you don't have to go searching for it again
                just fill it out and PM it to me....

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday! I'M BAAAACK! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  No promises, no promises...
                  Well, it looks like the internet didn't burn down, sooo....

And well done to all the artists that have been participating in the challenges, your work is fantastic!

So! The trip was very productive: after tramping through the area of the property we're looking at building on, it turns out that we appear to have the remains of an old logging road (at least 50-75 years old, possibly older) that we should be able to clear and turn into a winding drive and building site for the house! That'll be a big expense we won't have to pay now; instead of creating an entirely new road, we just have to clear the overgrown brush and deadfalls that are currently lying across that part of the site. Yay! Also, much yummy eatings were had; they have fabulous restaurants and lots of foodies up there. We'll fit right in.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

And well done to all the artists that have been participating in the challenges, your work is fantastic!

So! The trip was very productive: after tramping through the area of the property we're looking at building on, it turns out that we appear to have the remains of an old logging road (at least 50-75 years old, possibly older) that we should be able to clear and turn into a winding drive and building site for the house! That'll be a big expense we won't have to pay now; instead of creating an entirely new road, we just have to clear the overgrown brush and deadfalls that are currently lying across that part of the site. Yay! Also, much yummy eatings were had; they have fabulous restaurants and lots of foodies up there. We'll fit right in.
                    Welcome back. We didn't quite burn down the internet, though I hear some people may be trying to regulate it out of existence. *grumbles*
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Welcome back. We didn't quite burn down the internet, though I hear some people may be trying to regulate it out of existence. *grumbles*
                      Yeah, wtf is up with that? Are we going to have to call in McKay to do a little sabotage on some people?
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, wtf is up with that? Are we going to have to call in McKay to do a little sabotage on some people?
                        Net neutrality my spotted bottom. *grumbles more*
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi Everyone

I Deleted My Goodreads Account For The Final Time

Goodreads Was Kind of Controlling My Life and It Has Been Getting Annoying Since Maybe Last Month. I Am Taking Control of My Life

I Am Back On Here For Good!

SO,What Have I Missed????

Comment

I wasn't home to break it - vacation on Tenerife.

Originally posted by america126 View Post
                            I Deleted My Goodreads Account For The Final Time
                            So, you stopped counting the books you're reading and how many you can read all at once and how many you would like to read in a year (5 and I'm finally on schedule by ways of cheating with a graphic novel).
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sounds like an interesting area, SK.

Yay for having a road already there that just need clearing.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Net neutrality my spotted bottom. *grumbles more*
                                Indeed.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I wasn't home to break it - vacation on Tenerife.
                                Sounds great, though! Hope you had a good time!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Sounds like an interesting area, SK.

Yay for having a road already there that just need clearing.
                                Yeah, it was really exciting to discover that. Just looking at the site, you'd never know it was there; we found it by looking at a satellite map and noticing a clear line with no trees, then going out to the site and walking that particular area.

Comment

Working...
                                X