No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys!! Hope everyone that celebrates Halloween had a great one yesterday! Big thanks to Dragongirl for helping me out and posting the challenge entries, I had to bail out last minute and she was right there to help me!

I have a lot of things to say this time, but I will try and keep this as short as I can.....

First, I am posting the challenge early so you have an extra day or two this time to work on it. This week, we're going to do a little bit of housekeeping. I know every single one of you [me included] has a project they are working on, or have started, and never finished, or possibly could never get started. This week your challenge is TO FINISH IT! If you are that rare person who does not have an unfinished or un-started project lingering, then make something wonderful you've always wanted to try and show it off! If that still fails to inspire you, make something with a moustache for Movember.

Entries are due to me Monday noon your time November 10th.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since it is Nov 1st, it is time to start thinking about the holidays. For the past 3 years, we have done a Secret Santa. I would love to do it again this year. Secret Santa works like this:

You will receive an assignment based on what you like and what you are comfortable making. There will be a sign up sheet where you list your thunks/fandoms, what you want and what you can make. You will receive someone to make gifts for based on mutual likes and dislikes.

Assignments are handed out right around the end of November/Thanksgiving so you have plenty of time to work on them. I usually collect them around the 15th-20th of December so I can hand them out before Christmas.

What you make depends on who you get, but a minimum of 2 pieces of art is required. This can mean an avi and matching sig. For fan fic, this means 2 drabbles [500 words or less each] OR one longer one at least 1500 words or more. If you want to make more, please do! But limit of ten please. This is all secret, so no telling who you got!

If you are interested in secret santa, please let me know. But please note that when the actual time to sign up comes, do not sign up unless you are 100% sure you can make something for someone. It is not nice to bail out. Someone will be working hard to make something nice for you, and then when you bail, the person you were assigned is left with nothing. Not nice!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last year, we also did an advent calendar, and it was a huge hit. Here is how the advent calendar works:

Sign up for one, two or three days in December that you want to do art. The theme is Christmas or Holiday. You may use any thunk, any fandom or any ship as long as it is Christmasy or Holidayish. It must also include the number of the day you signed up for. {if you sign up for Dec. 4th, it must have a number "4" on the art somewhere.} I also need the artwork 2 days before your day. So if you pick the 4th, I would need it on the 2nd.

If you are interested in doing the advent calendar, please let me know.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the long post, lots of info!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Round-up: Halloween apparently had a spooky effect this weekend, as USC beat Washington State 44-17, Virginia Tech fell to Boston College 33-31 (damn, that sounds familiar), Georgia lost to Florida 38-20, and UTSA had a bye. It was also a mixed bag for Atlantis as Air Force beat up Army 23-6, and Navy lost to Notre Dame 49-39. Between the post-game and the end of Daylight Savings, this morning's PT run will be one for the record books.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello all!!! 5 eps of S5 left *sigh*
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          Hello all!!! 5 eps of S5 left *sigh*
          Vegas, baby.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Vegas, baby.
            I've seen Vegas. It doesn't help me unsee Brain Storm. Not enough bleach for my eyes and brain... *whimper*

OMG ewwwwww
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

I've seen Vegas. It doesn't help me unsee Brain Storm. Not enough bleach for my eyes and brain... *whimper*

OMG ewwwwww
              *shudders* Not only is there not enough bleach in the world, tequila would probably be more pleasant than bleach, anyway.

Comment

VEGAS!!! Scruffy!John = sexy

Also....I can't wait to be done with this rewatch (totally not digging season five AT ALL).... I'm going through Criminal Minds withdrawal.
                sigpic

Comment

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!! Hold on a second!!

Did Rodney just elude to what I think he did??? Was it really an honest to goodness sparky reference but all in code!?
                  sigpic

Comment

Did Rodney just elude to what I think he did??? Was it really an honest to goodness sparky reference but all in code!?
                    What are you refering to?
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      What are you refering to?
                      In Vegas, that Rodney was saying something to John about how he had had someone and about it not going as planned and it being bad....something like that. I wasn't watching very closely because I'm doing my NaNoWriMo fic as I watch. But it caught my attention because it felt like he was referring to Elizabeth.

Or it could just be my own wishful thinking.
                      sigpic

Comment

I didn't get any red velvet cake.

Comment

In Vegas, that Rodney was saying something to John about how he had had someone and about it not going as planned and it being bad....something like that. I wasn't watching very closely because I'm doing my NaNoWriMo fic as I watch. But it caught my attention because it felt like he was referring to Elizabeth.

Oh wait, the reference to the nurse?

Can't remember Vegas that well. Didn't like it all that much to begin with. I do remember the music and the badass Wraith.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

OMG ewwwwww
                            Thanks for reminding me of that to start my day. Ewwww indeed.

And that was the subject of endless debate around here. I'll see if I can dig up an old sig I made. I think this is it.
                            Spoiler:

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Somebody dropped the ball. *looks around innocently*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

That's what most of us have chosen to believe...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Oh SNAP! This is what happens when I get busy with packing for a trip.

Happy Belated Birthday to our awesome JT-2!

First, the red velvet cake of AWESOME...

And next, some luscious Framboise to go with it!

Comment

Evening, Sparkies! Or morning, if you're in my time zone.

I've worked the last three nights and I'm exhausted, but I managed to add another 30 seconds of work to my new Sparky video. And yes, it is based on a Taylor Swift song. I'm expecting from everyone. LOL

Anyhow, I'll be gone tomorrow so I'm hoping that I'll have time in between the massive laundry pile on Thursday to work on some Sparky stuff!

Have a great night!

Comment

Working...
                                X