Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Two things for that made this episode not enjoyable - yet again it was Rodney front and center, and the episode hit way too close to home.
    Very true. More so now than back then for me. Not sure I could watch it with the same level of detatchment now.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      The other thing about GitM was that the lack of Torri, but presence of Michelle actually fit the theme of the episode perfectly, in a way. There was always the question of "Is this really Elizabeth?" hanging over the whole thing, and having someone who obviously was not Torri Higginson but still managed to capture something of her performance was exactly perfect in conveying "Yes kind of, but this is not quite right."
      *nods* I think that dissonance in the character is probably what convinced a lot of people that it wasn't the real, original Elizabeth.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

*nods* I think that dissonance in the character is probably what convinced a lot of people that it wasn't the real, original Elizabeth.
        Yes, and who knows what the writers actually intended because they disagreed even among themselves.

Update on my day. OT
        Spoiler:
        I just spent 45 minutes on hold with Social Security trying to get access to my online account while listening to a recorded message telling me I could access my information online.

And Mr. SR is off for another round of the chicken game he's playing with 2 Toyota dealers. I may or may not get a new car but will have no part of the negotiation game.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Same here. It made the plotline believable but it still left you feeling that the real Elizabeth was still out there and John will bring her home no matter what anyone says.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Yes, and who knows what the writers actually intended because they disagreed even among themselves.

Update on my day. OT
          Spoiler:
          I just spent 45 minutes on hold with Social Security trying to get access to my online account while listening to a recorded message telling me I could access my information online.

And Mr. SR is off for another round of the chicken game he's playing with 2 Toyota dealers. I may or may not get a new car but will have no part of the negotiation game.
          Ooh, new car! I like the new designs on the Corolla this year, but I'm perfectly happy with my little 2013 Hyundai.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Same here. It made the plotline believable but it still left you feeling that the real Elizabeth was still out there and John will bring her home no matter what anyone says.

Ooh, new car! I like the new designs on the Corolla this year, but I'm perfectly happy with my little 2013 Hyundai.
            Hyundai is a great car. We rented a Genesis on vacation, but we are Toyota people. I was perfectly happy with my 2000 Avalon and will probably cry when I have to leave her but dang, the new ones are fine. Plus, Mr. SR claims this is probably the last car we'll buy before SR Jr. makes us stop driving. We tend to keep our vehicles a very long time.
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Update on my day. OT
              Spoiler:

Sounds like a crazy day all around!

Hyundai is a great car. We rented a Genesis on vacation, but we are Toyota people. I was perfectly happy with my 2000 Avalon and will probably cry when I have to leave her but dang, the new ones are fine. Plus, Mr. SR claims this is probably the last car we'll buy before SR Jr. makes us stop driving. We tend to keep our vehicles a very long time.
              Heh, so do we. I still drive a '97 Mustang.

Darn right! *shakes fist*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I will drive my Ford Fiesta until the wheels fall off... and he's old and grey. Or until the car inspection tells me he's no longer fit for the road, which is more likely.

However, on vacation I like to sample other cars, hence we rented a Nissan Qashqai when we are in Tenerife in two weeks. Mind you, my dad has a Qashqai and we've already had the pleasure driving one in Ireland a few years back.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I will drive my Ford Fiesta until the wheels fall off... and he's old and grey. Or until the car inspection tells me he's no longer fit for the road, which is more likely.

However, on vacation I like to sample other cars, hence we rented a Nissan Qashqai when we are in Tenerife in two weeks. Mind you, my dad has a Qashqai and we've already had the pleasure driving one in Ireland a few years back.
                  That looks like a nice car! When I go on vacation, I usually stick with the cheaper rates for rental cars, but both times that I've had to rent a car, I got a Hyundai Elantra, which I bought after the first trip because of how impressed I was with it. If it's in my budget, maybe I'll get something different next time.

Comment

My mom had an '06 Prius for seven years. Her favorite car ever.

Don't worry, if SR Jr. takes away your license/cars, we'll just have Shep come pick you up in a puddle jumper.

Comment

My mom had an '06 Prius for seven years. Her favorite car ever.

Don't worry, if SR Jr. takes away your license/cars, we'll just have Shep come pick you up in a puddle jumper.
                      Oooh, I would give up my license now if he would do that.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm using my phone to reply cause my computer kicked the bucket.

Anyway, new cars are so nice. But it's awesome when your car payments finally stop.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I'm using my phone to reply cause my computer kicked the bucket.

Anyway, new cars are so nice. But it's awesome when your car payments finally stop.
                          *cough*Mac*cough*

Comment

Technically speaking over here, Halloween is not celebrated but nevertheless I have Wholloween'd my flat anyway. There's a weeping angel at the door. The Silence is in the hallway or what passes for a hallway. There's a Cyberman overlooking my living space and I have an Ood on the loo. The latter will hopefully invoke the proper response from my sister when she comes home later -- it'll be a surprise.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hello everyone Copter has a full plate today and she asked me to post today's Halloween Art Challenge entries. She will post the new challenge Mon so you get the weekend off

JW

Blen

RiG

Rad

Copter

DG

Next Challenge will be posted Mon (just a reminder)
                              sigpic

Comment

Technically speaking over here, Halloween is not celebrated but nevertheless I have Wholloween'd my flat anyway. There's a weeping angel at the door. The Silence is in the hallway or what passes for a hallway. There's a Cyberman overlooking my living space and I have an Ood on the loo. The latter will hopefully invoke the proper response from my sister when she comes home later -- it'll be a surprise.
                                That sounds truly scary. The checkout people at Safeway were all dressed up today. Mine was a green witch. She asked me, as they always do, if I needed help with my bags, but somehow today it sounded kinda creepy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X