Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys!

I am extending the spooky/scary/Halloween challenge until Thursday, noon your time. On Halloween [Friday Oct 31st] I will post all the scary/spooky/Halloween art! So send me your entries!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

I have to get a new computer. This one is just worn down and slow.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Doing okay, how are you?
      I'm doing better than I was. That's something.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      DST screwed with my hours but otherwise I'm peachy. Still unemployed though.
      We change hours this weekend. I will get an extra hour of sleep on my birthday. It's nature's gift to me. Sorry about the unemployment, though.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Still plugging away and feeling like I'm not really getting anything done, I'm afraid.
      You haven't moved yet, right?

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      I just found out I'll be an uncle again in June.
      Now that's some great news!! Congrats!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        That's awesome!
        Yes it is.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Now that's some great news!! Congrats!!!!
        Thanks!
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Congrats Mandogater!!!

I'm on to season 5...anyone else feel like a lot of the eps feel like filler eps?

Watching GitM now...
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

*crawls in*

Okay, working a 2nd job sucks. So does getting stuck with debt that forces you to work a 2nd job.

I just found out I'll be an uncle again in June.
            Exciting news! Congrats!!!

*whispers*Mac*whispers*

We change hours this weekend. I will get an extra hour of sleep on my birthday. It's nature's gift to me. Sorry about the unemployment, though.
            Yay! Thanks for reminding me about the time change!!! *tries to insert smilies of Sparky dancing but Photobucket is down so never mind*

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
            Congrats Mandogater!!!

I'm on to season 5...anyone else feel like a lot of the eps feel like filler eps?

Watching GitM now...
            Yep. It kind of felt like, okay, what storylines haven't we done yet that we wanna do in case we get cancelled? I dunno. There were a few good episodes, but the love triangle between Ronon/Keller/Rodney left something to be desired...

Comment

Congrats Mandogater!!!

Watching GitM now...
              Yeah, season 5 was probably the most filler out of all the seasons.

Comment

Considering I can't remember half of what happens in season 5, I'd say that's very much the case. Especially knowing I watched those episodes more than once.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Congrats Mandogater!!!

Watching GitM now...
                  Tell us about your reaction to GitM.

And ITA, S5 had a bunch of episodes that I get mixed up because they were so meh...Tracker, Outsiders, Infection, Identity. I had to actually grab my DVD box to look those up. That's how memorable they were. Plus, too much Keller and too few John-centered episodes. Remind me again, who was the star of this show?
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Remind me again, who was the star of this show?
                    According to the McShep community, or some of them anyway, that would be Rodney and John.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

*joins ShipperWriter in whispering*Mac*whisperwhisper*

I'm doing better than I was. That's something.
                      Yes it is. *hugs you*

We change hours this weekend. I will get an extra hour of sleep on my birthday. It's nature's gift to me.
                      Now THAT's a birthday present!

You haven't moved yet, right?
                      Nope, house is still for sale. The market is slow at the moment, though it's been known to pick up around the holidays (people in the mood for spending money and all that).

Congrats Mandogater!!!

Watching GitM now...
                      Yeah, a lot of S5 felt like filler.

Tell us about your reaction to GitM.

And ITA, S5 had a bunch of episodes that I get mixed up because they were so meh...Tracker, Outsiders, Infection, Identity. I had to actually grab my DVD box to look those up. That's how memorable they were. Plus, too much Keller and too few John-centered episodes. Remind me again, who was the star of this show?
                      *snorts*
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

GitM....pretty much broke me. Holy cow, the feels. The Sparky even though Elizabeth wasn't (physically) Elizabeth. It was still there, in your face and full force and the end - the look they shared and then John just standing there alone (and even the way the team and Woolsey looked at him and their reactions) darn near ripped my heart out. And Rodney and his whole "I made this mess and wanna clean it up" killed me too. I'm sure the ep had a plot, but it wasn't important at the time.

And the actress who played Franibeth...she did her homework and did well emulating Torri as Elizabeth without it feeling mock-y.

All in all, I kinda almost love GitM (of course I am also a glutton for angsty Emo painful eps).

I watched The Shrine last night too - kinda cried through most of it too...when I wasn't tempted to throw things at Keller.
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

Comment

GitM....pretty much broke me. Holy cow, the feels. The Sparky even though Elizabeth wasn't (physically) Elizabeth. It was still there, in your face and full force and the end - the look they shared and then John just standing there alone (and even the way the team and Woolsey looked at him and their reactions) darn near ripped my heart out. And Rodney and his whole "I made this mess and wanna clean it up" killed me too. I'm sure the ep had a plot, but it wasn't important at the time.

And the actress who played Franibeth...she did her homework and did well emulating Torri as Elizabeth without it feeling mock-y.

All in all, I kinda almost love GitM (of course I am also a glutton for angsty Emo painful eps).

I watched The Shrine last night too - kinda cried through most of it too...when I wasn't tempted to throw things at Keller.
                          That was my reaction to GitM exactly. That was the one episode that had people on the forum saying they saw Sparky for the first time who had never been shippers before. It was angsty in that tingle up the spine kinda way.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The other thing about GitM was that the lack of Torri, but presence of Michelle actually fit the theme of the episode perfectly, in a way. There was always the question of "Is this really Elizabeth?" hanging over the whole thing, and having someone who obviously was not Torri Higginson but still managed to capture something of her performance was exactly perfect in conveying "Yes kind of, but this is not quite right."
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Congrats Mandogater!!!

Thanks, drew!

I didn't notice it at the time but I have to agree. Come to think of it, season 5 has the only episode I never watched all of until I got the DVD set, Brain Storm, anyone?

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              Exciting news! Congrats!!!

Yep. It kind of felt like, okay, what storylines haven't we done yet that we wanna do in case we get cancelled? I dunno. There were a few good episodes, but the love triangle between Ronon/Keller/Rodney left something to be desired...
                              Thanks, SW! I'll admit the idea of more diapers to deal with is scaring me.

I'm not sure which is the worst idea the writers had, that love triangle or Lucious Lavin.

I have to agree completely about GitM.

The Shrine may be my favorite episode of the entire season. DH and his sister really hit it out of the park in that one.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

The Shrine may be my favorite episode of the entire season. DH and his sister really hit it out of the park in that one.
                                Two things for that made this episode not enjoyable - yet again it was Rodney front and center, and the episode hit way too close to home.

Comment

Working...
                                X